• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2016: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, she did!

I know the feeling !!,
82b37de9f1b7e10934d6f93c81501998.jpg

Live life,be yourself !!!!.

The Evotech radiator guard came today, two days early. :D

Now I need to get all the insect death out of it so I can install.

The Evotech radiator guard came today, two days early. :D

Now I need to get all the insect death out of it so I can install.
Hydrogen peroxide sprayed onto the core fins helps soften and remove bug remains. Bugs are pretty acidic and the O2 eats them right up, then spray clean with water.

done b*gger all this week! creosoting the fence ..horrible stuff but good for preserving wood.

A wide flat piece of beeswax and a blowtorch or some such heat source. Heat the wood up and rub the wax into the wood. This is how I protect the bottom of raised garden frames that are in contact with the ground. It might take a little longer than creosote but it is nowhere near as nasty.

Rolled over 55k, pulled over, and took the worst picture of it ever :cool:

55k.jpg

Previous high mileage on one bike for me was my Bandit at 58k. The NC is going to blow right past that, I'm not getting rid of it anytime soon!

trey

Trey,

Nice! When you heading out west for some California riding? Hit me up when you do and we'll add some more miles to these things! I clicked 30k this week.

I'm at 32,500 miles now and I suppose I should think about checking the valves for the first time !!.

After that much time you might be the first to report back that they actually were out of spec LOL, I check mine every couple of oil changes the four valves in the center always tighten up just a little, probably from the heart from the CAT

After that much time you might be the first to report back that they actually were out of spec LOL, I check mine every couple of oil changes the four valves in the center always tighten up just a little, probably from the heart from the CAT

It sounds,starts,rides and stops the same as it did 32,500 miles ago !!.
I will probably get around to checking them this year sometime.

I'm at 32,500 miles now and I suppose I should think about checking the valves for the first time !!.
I checked mine for the first time last week. On the brake side, only the exhaust valves was tight while the intake was perfect. On the clutch side, all were too tight. I have 28,000 miles on it.

I spent most of my day at the dealer waiting for them to complete some recall work. So now my frunk works and my milage is back to 0. When I got home I replaced the touring shield with a stock shield and went for a test ride. I like it much better with the stock shield. The touring shield would set up small oscillations at ~80 m/h that would cause my vision to blur. There's more wind now, but I can see. I call that a win.

Also, if you're in the Looieville area and want a touring shield, I have one collecting dust.

Well techincally it was last night after work, took a drive with 5 buddies of mine from Montreal, to Champlain, NY to Border Mail Depot to get my Draggin Jeans (which by the way are excellent jeans with Kevlar made in the USA! and are only $129.99) and then headed to VT and then took a ferry back to NY and had a bite to eat in Plattsburgh and home by 11pm! Just a little over 250km.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back