• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2016: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Put 3 thick washers back under the top screws in my factory touring screen to space it out about 1/2 inch. I tried it once and seemed to help then I moved them to the bottom holes to see the effect. That made the turbulence and noise worst so tried stock set up again and it is bad. So now they're back under the top and I would say the improvement is nothing short of amazing. Was going to get a lip for it before I tried this and now it's not necessary. So nice when a $1 fix works perfectly. Now I can ride with visor open and it's smooth and pretty quiet. May even buy a couple longer screws to see if 3/4 inch out is even better. A nice poor man's adjustable windscreen....

3000 miles. Washed it. Cleaned and lube chain.

b64afc7ddc9b96dd7b26d1f56d0a1f46.jpg

49787d3ffc6e4f27e5674e7c6e541bc7.jpg

Note: This bay has pressure washers but they're very weak and I didn't blast any bearing seals. I cleaned the chain by hand. Mostly used the soapy brush!

Put 3 thick washers back under the top screws in my factory touring screen to space it out about 1/2 inch. I tried it once and seemed to help then I moved them to the bottom holes to see the effect. That made the turbulence and noise worst so tried stock set up again and it is bad. So now they're back under the top and I would say the improvement is nothing short of amazing. Was going to get a lip for it before I tried this and now it's not necessary. So nice when a $1 fix works perfectly. Now I can ride with visor open and it's smooth and pretty quiet. May even buy a couple longer screws to see if 3/4 inch out is even better. A nice poor man's adjustable windscreen....

Welcome to the forum from a fellow Vermonter.

That's nice... but you linked to this:
61rVjCNSb%2BL._UX522_.jpg

Gunner did not create that link. The forum admin must have a deal with Amazon where certain key words automatically link to products for sale on Amazon in this case Husky Tote. Here I'll put the phrase Herbal Shampoo did it get linkified?

Nope Herbal Shampoo got nothing, here pressure washers and bearing seals both got linkified in this earlier post by Supertux and as you can see it's not just Amazon. The pressure washer goes to Walmart.

pressure washers and bearing seals

Sneaky, someone might think that Supertux is recommending that pressure sprayer from Walmart.

If you hover your mouse over one of those dynamic links it'll say 'Link added by VigLink'

Believe nothing you hear and only half of what you see.

Last edited:
That's a hoot. I didn't link it. Must be the forum provider.
Anyway sumo, I have Givi top case mount from Motorcycle Superstore $100. I bolted an aluminum plate. I bolted the box onto that. I have a previous posting about the mount. I'll try and find it for you.

Yesterday my 16yr old daughter passed her knowledge test so after yet another session of parking lot drills we went out and did 40 miles of back-country riding, which we both thoroughly enjoyed! :eek:

Also, while she was taking the knowledge test I perused a table in the waiting area that had numerous booklets and motorcycle aware stickers etc. On the table was a big box which probably had 50 or so of these inside. Was told to take a couple if I wanted them, so grabbed one for each of us (me and the daughter that is!). Jolly nice of them to make kickstand enlargers available to riders for free! So, no waiting at the testing office, and no waiting next door for her to get her license, and even though it was the end of the day and the end of the week the people were very pleasant to deal with. Still can't get used to that even after living in Ohio for almost 10 years. In NJ having to go to the bureau was always a PITA and you always had to take best part of a day and still deal with people with serious attitudes.

2016-06-24-17.04.01-web.jpg

I spotted something that might be a trail...off road? I'll check it out!

[video=youtube_share;JnmR4dW26KQ]https://youtu.be/JnmR4dW26KQ[/video]

I installed my radiator guard that I got off eBay. Naturally you get what you pay for and the damn bracket didn't have the right bend to it and the hole to slide on the bracket was too small. After a couple modifications got it installed and also removed my aprilia handguard to install the Givi that are made for the bike and are a bit wider (more wind coverage).
0d54cd9b48ef33ecf609a0a093f30ba1.jpg
9b38ac6066d2cc04185ece2be000502e.jpg
9565b052bbe3dd0b65c2df18b36dfaa1.jpg
f059a21e311565dd0b3b1b04bc359697.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Fab'd and installed some lowering links. Lowered the front end a bit. Went for a twisty test ride. Stopped at a light and put my whole foot on the ground! Bike handles great. Woohoo....
>T

I installed my radiator guard that I got off eBay. Naturally you get what you pay for and the damn bracket didn't have the right bend to it and the hole to slide on the bracket was too small. After a couple modifications got it installed and also removed my aprilia handguard to install the Givi that are made for the bike and are a bit wider (more wind coverage).

The radiator guard looks good and will do the job. I have a question of another nature. I have seen a couple riders in the past who put a farmer's bandana on their bikes. What is the significance?

Today I went on my first group ride. Aside from the sunburn I got, it was pretty awesome.

Thanks to CRStep for making that happen. I appreciate ya.

Last edited:

Do the Givi Handguards interfere, touch, the Givi screen at full lock?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back