• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2016: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my service manual on Wednesday from these folks: ******** Good price, great service, packaged to withstand a nuclear blast. Full factory service manual just like the dealers get. Now all I gotta do is read it.

Sorry, per forum rules I had to bleep out your URL for the manual. The URL was likely posted with no malicious intent, but the manuals with the white borders as was shown in the photo are stolen copies. The manuals originally printed by Helm, Inc. are the only authentic manuals authorized by Honda.

This has been covered before on the forum and there will be no further discussion on the matter. It is what it is.

Last edited:
Finally adjusted my Seat Concepts cover that was not stretched enough. Like the result, and been already riding the seat before the final adjustments and it feels great. Stock seat was not bad, but this one feels perfect. Next step is test it during my round the USA trip in 2 weeks...
IMG_3836.jpg
IMG_3837.jpg

Today I installed the admore led light bar at the bottom of my license plate frame. I used information from the forums regarding wiring and removing the tail light assembly, and absolutely no complications. I didn't even have a tough time removing the notoriously tough screw behind the inner flap. I used a rough file to create a better spot to route the wire behind the rear reflector as a forum member had suggested, and the positaps included with the light kit worked perfectly. I'm really happy with the extra visibility.IMG_20161001_175130.jpg

Today I installed the admore led light bar at the bottom of my license plate frame. I used information from the forums regarding wiring and removing the tail light assembly, and absolutely no complications. I didn't even have a tough time removing the notoriously tough screw behind the inner flap. I used a rough file to create a better spot to route the wire behind the rear reflector as a forum member had suggested, and the positaps included with the light kit worked perfectly. I'm really happy with the extra visibility.

I guess both of us are getting ready for gloomy weather. I'm finished with wiring of Bestem top box LED lights.

Without applied brakes:
Bestem brake.jpg

With applied brakes:
Bestem brake 1.jpg

Whats your route?

Still not finalized but I was thinking of something like Washington state to Chicago then down to Florida then back west to California and then back up to Vancouver. Could take me one to 2 months since I plan to visit places on the way but it will depend on weather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slimmy Crud Cafe racer run

Got in my longest ride since I purchased my NC700X a little over a month ago. The Slimy Crud Run is a everybody's welcome ride between two southwestern Wisconsin towns. You make up your own route for how slow or fast you want to get between towns. Met another NC owner and saw at least one more. Lots of different bikes from every brand and year.

Attachments

• IMG_1458.jpg
    IMG_1458.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 261
  • IMG_1456.jpg
    IMG_1456.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 265
  • IMG_1457.jpg
    IMG_1457.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 260
Last edited:
Still not finalized but I was thinking of something like Washington state to Chicago then down to Florida then back west to California and then back up to Vancouver. Could take me one to 2 months since I plan to visit places on the way but it will depend on weather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lots of places to see, hard choices. I just did a trip to Utah/Colorado. Great trip. If you pass through NC, give us a yell.

Cleaned/lubed/waxed and adjusted the slack on the chain. Put two shots of Seafoam in the crankcase and gas tank. Let it all dry overnight.

Went for a 60 mile ride today on 55mph highways and got pretty good mileage, for the DCT:

f72cdddf9ac2eb9729f4b141e5f2ae71.jpg

The bike is all stripped down and ready to trade in this week.
It sure does ride different now,way more sporty !!.
I will be sorry to see it go but I can't justify keeping it and buying a new bike.
1ed49c87e8d57b838aaabc8061ae7522.jpg

85c497d65334906f5283ba078de598a5.jpg

Live life,be yourself !!!!.

Did a 1,000 mile trip on my 2014 NC700 to Northern Wisconsin. Minoqua. Fall colors are in effect. Rode on a lot of gravel mining roads. Fun time! Great curvy roads in the area, especially Willow Road in Minoqua and Hwy 107 west of Merrill, Wisc. to Tomahawk, Wisc. Even rode on the Smith Rapids covered bridge.20161002_103155.jpg20161002_155258.jpg20161003_123618.jpg20161002_160756.jpg20161001_173443_001.jpg

Last edited:
Ohio River ...
IMG_0011-P_zpsqcqlda81.jpg
Nice picture of the Overlook. For you non-area riders. The Overlook restaurant overlooks the Ohio River in Leavenworth Indiana-very good fried chicken and beef manhattans. Just down the hill is the road which leads down to Old Leavenworth and The Dock restaurant-excellent fish sandwiches.
Hey GsVs, this past Sunday, was you riding 2-up around the Memphis Indiana/Champions Point area? Where you live in Indiana?

ordered some BlackPath handlebar risers for $48 shipped -- 1" up, 1.25" back --

id_51438611.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back