• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2016: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
found a lot of conflicting pictures of levers on eBay as to whether levers had insert bushings, finally just ordered some shorty adjustable levers for $23 shipped --

s-l1600.jpg

Got my US national parks annual pass in the mail today in preparation for my coming trip around the States.
IMG_3850.jpg

Also ordered a few more stuff for the bike yesterday from TwistedThrottle... SW-Motech handguards, Oxford heated grips, SW-Motech folding gear shift lever and SW-Motech quick connection tank bag ring so that I can opt next for some tank bag (to hold maps and allow me a quick access to useful stuff/devices, mostly [don't have/want the risk of a fake frunk key]).

So almost CAD600 left on my account too... Note that I particularly like the SW-Motech brand, in case you didn't notice... I almost went for the crashbars as well, but I don't know, they look so tiny that I don't know exactly what they could protect - and I don't need a support for LED lights at this moment.

Now going to ride to an electronic store to buy a few push buttons for my own GPS tracker, then on to some more coding on its firmware. Tomorrow I'll probably wire a switched connection for it, so that it doesn't end draining my battery as it did lately... (this thingy sucks 2.5A when it sends data over the 3G network...)

Got my US national parks annual pass in the mail today in preparation for my coming trip around the States.
View attachment 31379

Also ordered a few more stuff for the bike yesterday from TwistedThrottle... SW-Motech handguards, Oxford heated grips, SW-Motech folding gear shift lever and SW-Motech quick connection tank bag ring so that I can opt next for some tank bag (to hold maps and allow me a quick access to useful stuff/devices, mostly [don't have/want the risk of a fake frunk key]).

So almost CAD600 left on my account too... Note that I particularly like the SW-Motech brand, in case you didn't notice... I almost went for the crashbars as well, but I don't know, they look so tiny that I don't know exactly what they could protect - and I don't need a support for LED lights at this moment.

Now going to ride to an electronic store to buy a few push buttons for my own GPS tracker, then on to some more coding on its firmware. Tomorrow I'll probably wire a switched connection for it, so that it doesn't end draining my battery as it did lately... (this thingy sucks 2.5A when it sends data over the 3G network...)

I really like the SW Motech crash bars, they are really well made with that cross brace across the front.

Road 350 miles of Virginia backroads from Winchester to Marion. Stayed between I-81 and West Virginia border. Great riding. Lots of it on VA 42 which has some great areas. Other times just programed a town in the general direction into my Roadrunner "Curvy Roads" routing. This usually finds some great routes I would not have found otherwise. Finished with a run down the back of the dragon.

Tomorrow more back roads across VA and NC to Stecoah for H.U. meeting. May have to stop for a while at the museum in Maggie Valley.

Road 350 miles of Virginia backroads from Winchester to Marion. Stayed between I-81 and West Virginia border. Great riding. Lots of it on VA 42 which has some great areas. Other times just programed a town in the general direction into my Roadrunner "Curvy Roads" routing. This usually finds some great routes I would not have found otherwise. Finished with a run down the back of the dragon.

Tomorrow more back roads across VA and NC to Stecoah for H.U. meeting. May have to stop for a while at the museum in Maggie Valley.

I don't know if you've been there before, but I visited it in August and really enjoyed seeing all the exhibits. Definitely worth the admission.

I have to second on the SW Motech crash bars. Bike has been down a few times off-road and the bars have done their job.
Got any big pics with the things? I'm still undecided on crash/engine guards.

^^^ thanks ... I also forgot about those pictures with orange in them. ; }

Last edited by a moderator:
IMG_2466.jpgIMG_2469.jpg

If all went well there are two pictures attached of my ride yesterday.
I heard about this section of the north central Pennsylvania mountains and had to check it out.
One road, Walters Road, was extremely steep, had four cut-backs, and was covered in both loose mountain stone and had a lot of the stone buried with a point or big chunk of it sticking out of the ground.
Whoever this Walters guy was that they named the road after must have been one nasty guy to choose this road to name after him.
These two pictures do not do justice to the extreme incline and raggedness of the road.
By the time you got to the branch laying down across the road you faintly see you were at eye level from where I stood to take the picture.
Once you got moving there was no stopping.
But, when I got done, I thought the NC700X took me up this and brought me back down - AWESOME!!!
Don't tell me the NC cannot handle back woods.
When I arrived back on the hardtop I thought, wait a minute, I do not have proper engine protection for these roads.
I will be running out and getting that.
But, in 39 years of bike riding (mostly street) these were the most aggressive I have ever encountered.

God bless!!

Michael

View attachment 31385View attachment 31386

If all went well there are two pictures attached of my ride yesterday.
I heard about this section of the north central Pennsylvania mountains and had to check it out.
One road, Walters Road, was extremely steep, had four cut-backs, and was covered in both loose mountain stone and had a lot of the stone buried with a point or big chunk of it sticking out of the ground.
Whoever this Walters guy was that they named the road after must have been one nasty guy to choose this road to name after him.
These two pictures do not do justice to the extreme incline and raggedness of the road.
By the time you got to the branch laying down across the road you faintly see you were at eye level from where I stood to take the picture.
Once you got moving there was no stopping.
But, when I got done, I thought the NC700X took me up this and brought me back down - AWESOME!!!
Don't tell me the NC cannot handle back woods.
When I arrived back on the hardtop I thought, wait a minute, I do not have proper engine protection for these roads.
I will be running out and getting that.
But, in 39 years of bike riding (mostly street) these were the most aggressive I have ever encountered.

God bless!!

Michael

I found myself on some rough dirt, mud and loose gravel a few weeks ago and was pleasantly surprised with the NC. Then I, too, remember I had no skid plate and ordered one. I want to play some more off road, I am inexperienced on dirt.

Nice picture of the Overlook. For you non-area riders. The Overlook restaurant overlooks the Ohio River in Leavenworth Indiana-very good fried chicken and beef manhattans. Just down the hill is the road which leads down to Old Leavenworth and The Dock restaurant-excellent fish sandwiches.
Hey GsVs, this past Sunday, was you riding 2-up around the Memphis Indiana/Champions Point area? Where you live in Indiana?

Hey ....

Yes ... great view of the river from "The Overlook" ..... no wasn't me 2-up
I live up in Indianapolis ..was nice to get some nice roads in Southern Indiana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back