• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2016: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_0005-P_zps6zqjfgp3.jpg

Went out for dinner and a pound of fresh ground coffee.
Put the coffee in the frunk, and could smell it for the whole 100 mile ride.
Must be lots of air flow thru the frunk.

Well the NC is gone,I really loved it and it was by far the best bike I have ever had ( I have had 40+ bikes) but it just wasn't serving my needs and I couldn't justify having 2 bikes when I could have one one to do both things.You all have been INCREDIBLE I will stop by every once in a while and say hi !!.

Live life,be yourself !!!!.

Well the NC is gone,I really loved it and it was by far the best bike I have ever had ( I have had 40+ bikes) but it just wasn't serving my needs and I couldn't justify having 2 bikes when I could have one one to do both things.You all have been INCREDIBLE I will stop by every once in a while and say hi !!.

Live life,be yourself !!!!.
what was the replacement?

Cleaned the rims so that I could then install CustomTaylor33 rim tape. The sheet came with two extra rim strips that I'm waiting to decide where to install. Possibly mount 1 at the bottom of the windshield, not sure on the other. Also considering cutting them up so that I can mount on the light bar to give some front offset coverage. The sheet also included 4 dots and some star shapes. I put two of the dots on the front, might add the other two or a couple of the stars on the handguards, we'll see.

From the side, note the sheet on the ground in front of the bike, in the 2nd pic it still lights up! Guessing that the reflection angle is quite good!
2016-10-08-19.14.55-web.jpg

2016-10-08-19.15.06-web.jpg

Front, showing the two "dots"
2016-10-08-19.16.16-web.jpg 2016-10-08-19.16.23-web.jpg

Taken from about 30' feet away using a single AA flashlight as a light source. 2nd pic I lowered the ISO so it wouldn't be as grainy and to also show what it's like when it's darker. The camping trailer has good DOT truck tape on the frame that I installed back in 2013. Notice that you can still see the front facing dot too!!
2016-10-08-19.34.53-web.jpg

2016-10-08-19.35.42-web.jpg

Very happy with the results so far. Install was straight forward. Hopefully the tape will last a long time. Reviews on Amazon and other locations seem to indicate so, with some showing over 4 years later with very little wear and tear.

I have the Custom Taylor rim stripes, too. Very good product.

Forget about these. The company claimed they fit. The hole spacing is right, and they looked great installed. The stock bars don't want to rotate in them either. But the back part of the lower section also will rub and press on the plastic when the bars are fully turned in either direction. I do just enough turning at full lock to consider this a potential problem, just as I would with anything hitting the windscreen at full lock.

ordered some BlackPath handlebar risers for $48 shipped -- 1" up, 1.25" back --

id_51438611.jpg

Forget about these. The company claimed they fit. The hole spacing is right, and they looked great installed. The stock bars don't want to rotate in them either. But the back part of the lower section also will rub and press on the plastic when the bars are fully turned in either direction. I do just enough turning at full lock to consider this a potential problem, just as I would with anything hitting the windscreen at full lock.

Cleaned the rims so that I could then install CustomTaylor33 rim tape. The sheet came with two extra rim strips that I'm waiting to decide where to install. Possibly mount 1 at the bottom of the windshield, not sure on the other. Also considering cutting them up so that I can mount on the light bar to give some front offset coverage. The sheet also included 4 dots and some star shapes. I put two of the dots on the front, might add the other two or a couple of the stars on the handguards, we'll see.

From the side, note the sheet on the ground in front of the bike, in the 2nd pic it still lights up! Guessing that the reflection angle is quite good!
View attachment 31408

View attachment 31409

Front, showing the two "dots"
View attachment 31410 View attachment 31411

Taken from about 30' feet away using a single AA flashlight as a light source. 2nd pic I lowered the ISO so it wouldn't be as grainy and to also show what it's like when it's darker. The camping trailer has good DOT truck tape on the frame that I installed back in 2013. Notice that you can still see the front facing dot too!!
View attachment 31412

View attachment 31413

Very happy with the results so far. Install was straight forward. Hopefully the tape will last a long time. Reviews on Amazon and other locations seem to indicate so, with some showing over 4 years later with very little wear and tear.

Is the tape noticeable during the day?

Thanks for letting us know. That is to bad. They are a pretty good looking product. I have some rox risers that don't hit at full lock if you are still looking for an alternative.

Thanks for letting us know. That is to bad. They are a pretty good looking product. I have some rox risers that don't hit at full lock if you are still looking for an alternative.

I just put the BlackPath risers on my WR250R instead. I had planned on getting another set of risers for it later anyway, didn't want to deal with it yet because I knew it was going to take some cable/wire rerouting and I wasn't looking forward to finding enough slack. But now it's done, and I'm happy -- they look and works great there.

For the NC I ordered the Chinese eBay alternative (per this thread: nc700-forum.com/nc700-mods/11707-inexpensive-handlebar-risers-ebay) which look just fine and are quite a bit cheaper. I'm not a fan of Roxx pricing at all. Used them on my ATV some years ago and swore I would find an alternative in the future.

Neostorm, I have the 2016 with silver wheels and I purposely bought the silver tape as it would blend in better during the day. If you glance at the wheels you don't really notice it, but if you look closer you will see that there's something there due to 1) it still reflects some light; 2) there's a slight pattern on the tape. I'll take a close-up daylight picture when I get to work later as it's still dark right now! If I had chosen one of their many other colors it would definitely be visible during the day. If you have black rims, they do have a version that is black tape that still shows up highly reflective silver/white. This apparently blends in to the rims similar to the way the silver does on the silver rims. You can see it here: https://www.amazon.com/customTAYLOR33-Engineering-Reflective-Copyrighted-SportsBikes/dp/B00GU0ET24

Is the tape noticeable during the day?

Neostorm, here's a couple of closer pictures during the daylight. Tape looks to be about 5mm wide, rim edges are couple mm either side of the tape. Very easy install, product has a good rep here on this forum as well as on Amazon etc.

2016-10-10-09.31.37-web.jpg

2016-10-10-09.31.42-web.jpg

Neostorm, I have the 2016 with silver wheels and I purposely bought the silver tape as it would blend in better during the day. If you glance at the wheels you don't really notice it, but if you look closer you will see that there's something there due to 1) it still reflects some light; 2) there's a slight pattern on the tape. I'll take a close-up daylight picture when I get to work later as it's still dark right now! If I had chosen one of their many other colors it would definitely be visible during the day. If you have black rims, they do have a version that is black tape that still shows up highly reflective silver/white. This apparently blends in to the rims similar to the way the silver does on the silver rims. You can see it here: https://www.amazon.com/customTAYLOR33-Engineering-Reflective-Copyrighted-SportsBikes/dp/B00GU0ET24

Neostorm, here's a couple of closer pictures during the daylight. Tape looks to be about 5mm wide, rim edges are couple mm either side of the tape. Very easy install, product has a good rep here on this forum as well as on Amazon etc.

View attachment 31438

View attachment 31439

Good idea to blend the tape with the wheels... the tape I used is red and if you look closely it is not stuck perfectly round. But from a few meters away it looks good enough.

Now I had not noticed the reflection looked so wide on mine by night. In the moment I thought your tape was one inch wide [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back