• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2016: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet I think I'm the guilty one. I probably didn't give it the proper torque when I changed my tires before the trip.

That thought had occurred to me.

I have never seen a properly torqued axle nut come loose, with or without a locking pin. In fact I have never seen it happen full stop. In fact they take considerable force to loosen once they have been tightened correctly. You may well have been distracted by something during the entire procedure. I always also do a double check on all nuts and bolts loosened during the course of mechanical work, just in case I have been absent minded during the procedure.

It is good that you were not injured because of this. I bet it will never happen again :cool:

Thing is I didn't have the proper torque key to start with... but yeah that's a good lesson and the only hurt was for the wallet because I brought the bike to honda and they don't have the part so I have it sent overnight. Which still is ok pricewise. But then I needed basic service too and then as I assumed my rear tire is close to dead and the guy said I'd hardly make more than 200 more miles out of it even less the 1500 left to home. So I'm having them change both tires since they don't have any knobby ones and I don't have the time to look for anything else. Will be roadmax tires. Hope they don't suck too much... eventually the total bill with the basic service I also need comes to 600 bucks. If I wasn't at Universal Studios currently I'd be crying in front a beer LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

<snip>Will be roadmax tires. Hope they don't suck too much... eventually the total bill with the basic service</snip>

A google search for 'roadmax mortorcycle tires' does not look good, all China. Are you sure they are not Roadtec or Roadsmart?

...Hope they don't suck too much...

Looks good and reviews are great. This should be a pleasant change.

Here's what you would have paid back home in Canadian dollars. Free shipping from Fortnine.

1.JPG
Front $147.26 CAD
2.JPG
Rear $188.53 CAD

It looks like some cold rain is coming, so I rode around off road on my place. This is mostly pasture with a few rock outcroppings and loose rock here and there.

I will edit a video on it in a few days. I wanted to have some footage to work on during bad weather.

I rode around on my Suzuki drz 400 sm first, 321 pounds. (That would be heavy for an actual dirt bike, but it is street legal.)

Then I rode the NC, which is probably over 500 pounds now with the various stuff I have put on it.

Wow! What a difference the weight makes! Neither bike has off road tires. It was really easy to toss the drz around. The NC was fun but felt slow to respond. The drz steering feels precise and quick.

I did find I could slide the rear of the NC 700 around when I needed to, and the automatic transmission does take away a source of error.

With a good suspension and off road tires it would be very good. As it sits it is fun off road. I am no expert, but I think the gear ratios could stand some work for off road too.

Last edited:
The easy torque of the NC down low will do a lot for it that with my wr250R requires clutch feathering. but with the weight i've stripped I can throw the WR around and it turns on a dime, and the suspension is really a step up, a lot more adjustable and pretty freaking good (for stock) when it's dialed in. It'll take a hammering that would break cast wheels ; }. But ther's a lot I like about the feel of the NC when getting off the pavement. I do love this machine : }

Get some cool tires, Hank, and a skid plate and put that on this winter! And maybe drop a tooth in front or add a couple in back.

I am not going to ride it off road much, since I have the smaller bike. But I did put a skid plate, handguards, crashbars, and a radiator guard on it, mostly to protect it from our awful roads. I do live on a gravel road as well.

Got a 2000-lumen LED Snap-On work light, and installed a few of these 3700-lumen jobbies to beef up the lighting in my garage and my motorcycle shed. Bright! Should be able to see all the stuff I drop now ; }

Linkable-LED-Shop-Light-with-Pull-Chain (the stores have these two-packs split up into single-fixture dual-"bulb" packs.)

imageService

I am not going to ride it off road much, since I have the smaller bike. But I did put a skid plate, handguards, crashbars, and a radiator guard on it, mostly to protect it from our awful roads. I do live on a gravel road as well.
If your NC700X is a DCT it is not easy to change sprocket sizes without having complications, or so I hear

Incorrect conception. People keep saying this here like it is established fact. :rolleyes:

Read HondaBikePro's comments and experience on changing his rear sprocket.
That's why I threw in the so I hear, CYA LOL. I don't know anything about the DCT my bike is old school with a clutch.

Installed Puig rear tire hugger and front extenda fenda. The rear tire hugger so far has really helped keep the underside of the NC700 clean. Hoping the extenda fenda will also help protect the radiator

OldChainProtector.jpgPuigTireHugger.jpgRearTireHuggerAfter.jpgExtendaFenda.jpg

Incorrect conception. People keep saying this here like it is established fact. :rolleyes:

Read HondaBikePro's comments and experience on changing his rear sprocket.
We never heard back from him as to how well it lasted...
or did we? I guess if the changes are still within tolerances, it will be OK.
But I did read about a DCT with manual chain that got messed up and fixed by a dealer.

"Lasts over 45 years"
To think that, if I left these on today, it may well outlast me in this world is disturbing to me.

Got a 2000-lumen LED Snap-On work light, and installed a few of these 3700-lumen jobbies to beef up the lighting in my garage and my motorcycle shed. Bright! Should be able to see all the stuff I drop now ; }

Linkable-LED-Shop-Light-with-Pull-Chain (the stores have these two-packs split up into single-fixture dual-"bulb" packs.)

imageService

imageService

That is an awesome light. I need to get some of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back