• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2017: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rode to work all last week and this week. RT 271N in the morning SUCKS. almost everyday I have to aggressively change lanes to avoid getting mauled by a texting driver.
I might bring back a dark element from my wheelie days and start carrying a pocket full of 1" Steel ball bearings with me.... just .. you know... for making my presence known.
;)
I just ride faster then traffic. If your going 5 to 10 faster then the cars and trucks, then what they do matters less

Can't say I ever miss my commute in the 422 > 480-271 debacle. Especially if you're heading toward the sun. Thankfully I was always going the opposite way and didn't have to deal with the glare. Don't think I would ride that stretch during rush hour periods. I'd look for alternate routes, but there's no real good way!! I know when I go to the QS&L bike nights at Valley View, I go the back way to get there just to avoid 480. On the way home I'll take it as the majority of ID10T's are long gone. Speaking of which, I know what you said about last week's event, does that mean no more? Was thinking of going to see what it was like this week - I believe it's Thunder Roads Ohio night, whatever that means!!

Speaking of which, I know what you said about last week's event, does that mean no more? Was thinking of going to see what it was like this week - I believe it's Thunder Roads Ohio night, whatever that means!!

I'll go if I can meet up with you guys, have a laugh at all the leather and "cool guy" posing.

But I think I'm out of town this WED for work.

FezUSA said:
Speaking of which, I know what you said about last week's event, does that mean no more? Was thinking of going to see what it was like this week - I believe it's Thunder Roads Ohio night, whatever that means!!

I'll go if I can meet up with you guys, have a laugh at all the leather and "cool guy" posing.

But I think I'm out of town this WED for work.

Seems hard to get the three of us together for one of these.

Hated that the centerstand stop from the Ixil slip on is bent, and always bends when the bike is taken off the centerstand.
Made a new mount with 0.5cm thick mild steel that is easy enough to bend with hands when there force is applied constantly, but doesn't budge when there's 1 big impact.

Od6qliUh.jpg

It's kinda zip tied to the original centerstand stop to make sure it doesn't rotate on the mounting point (rear brake master cylinder top bolt) because I didn't have enough metal to fix it in place :)

I really have to learn how to weld and get a welder :eek:

Seems hard to get the three of us together for one of these.

As long as the rain holds off I'm planning on going tonight. My dad will be riding the PCX150 that my daughter has been learning on!! He was a mod/rocker moped rider back in the day, and then various other bikes to commute to work on until one bad accident that put my mother over the edge and told him we must get a 2nd car no matter what. Ended up with a Yugo 127 rear engine. Was only 2cc's bigger than his bike, and physically not much more either!! He's also going to rent a BMW 650cc scooter from Sills/EagleRider to ride down to Marietta for the MSTA Ohio chapter weekend at the end of August!! So cool, actually get to really ride with my dad!! He's a 'young' 68!! Going to have to figure out some camera options to make sure I get a way to preserve this!!

I rode down to Springdale, Arkansas for the 8k service. Foggy and wet coming down.
I had to wipe off the visor about every minute or two.
Currently breakfasting at the Cracker Barrel.
Plan to visit the Indian dealer and Shiloh history museum.

Update:

Took an Uber to the Indian dealer. Test rode a Springfield and a Scout.
The Springfield is sort of their Road King - 111 cubic inches, great suspension, 850 pounds, but quite easy to handle. Max torque at 3000 rpm. Just about the most comfortable bike I have ever sat on.
IMG_0200.jpg
The Scout was light and nimble, but it also will just get up and go.
It would require some serious "tall guy" mods.
IMG_0197.jpg

Then another Uber to the Shiloh Ozark history museum and lunch at Spring Street Deli.
IMG_0199.jpg
IMG_0201.jpg
Then back to pick up the NC700. All good, no recommendations. Thence home, total about 200 miles. Humid and unpleasant coming back, and stuck behind a slow truck on a road with very few places to pass.

I sat on an Africa Twin. That is nice. It is hard to say why it feels so much more comfortable than the NC700. I can feel the extra weight, but of course 525 is nothing compared to 850.

Last edited:
I commuted to work at 3am it was 75F° supposed well over a hundred on the way home this afternoon

Last edited:
Rode into work, left work early and rode over to my mom's 96th birthday party. I have not been able to get her on the back of the NC yet, but I have not given up. Shot a picture for the "tag" thread. I rode home in the cool of the evening.
Great day!

Last edited:
I got to remember to take more pictures when I ride.

This was a couple weeks back but rode ~500mi with a couple buds on 2 CBX's and an AT.

Portland, OR -> Carson, Wa (via hwy14) -> W side of Mt Adams.

Camp (the bloodsuckers were swarming something fierce!):
IMG_0001.jpg

NW side: This was our first stop of the morning, Takhlakh Lake:
IMG_0002.jpg

On north -> Packwood -> Morton -> Longmire (u-turn) -> Morton -> Winlock -> Longview -> Rainer, OR -> Portland

Last night rode to the QS&L bike night, my dad rode the PCX150. We had thunder and lightning on our right and rain clouds on our left most of the way there. Managed to arrive dry, ate and walked around the chrome crowd! My dad seems to be enamoured with the "big American bikes"!! Talking with a Victory rider he got to sit on his big cruiser and was surprised at how 'light' it actually felt off the stand! There was a lot less bikes than last time, probably because a majority spend more time cleaning and polishing the chrome than actually riding, thus not wanting to risk getting wet and having to deal with water spots!! That and possibly having to wear more than a leather vest!!

Brought my dad back to earth when he got back on the scoot!! Ride home we were behind the storm riding through wet & steaming roads, but other than a little damp leg from ground spray we did not get rained on! Not bad for almost an hour each way!!

I think my dad is really looking forward to the mail pouch fly-by at the end of the month and getting to ride something bigger than the 150!!

Ordered a Shinko 805 rear and Continental TKC80 front. My stock tires have 4k on them, and the rear slid sideways on me when I made a normal brake for a turn in the rain, it was actually a pretty easy brake as I know my tire is not great, and it was raining.

Last night rode to the QS&L bike night, my dad rode the PCX150. We had thunder and lightning on our right and rain clouds on our left most of the way there. Managed to arrive dry, ate and walked around the chrome crowd! My dad seems to be enamoured with the "big American bikes"!! Talking with a Victory rider he got to sit on his big cruiser and was surprised at how 'light' it actually felt off the stand! There was a lot less bikes than last time, probably because a majority spend more time cleaning and polishing the chrome than actually riding, thus not wanting to risk getting wet and having to deal with water spots!! That and possibly having to wear more than a leather vest!!

Brought my dad back to earth when he got back on the scoot!! Ride home we were behind the storm riding through wet & steaming roads, but other than a little damp leg from ground spray we did not get rained on! Not bad for almost an hour each way!!

I think my dad is really looking forward to the mail pouch fly-by at the end of the month and getting to ride something bigger than the 150!!

Stupid EagleRider website. Apparently the dealership hasn't had the BMW scooter available for quite some time as it was rarely used, they keep asking for the website to be updated but it hasn't happened. Gonna have to talk to my dad to see if he wants to rent the 1200 that they have. I don't think it's going to happen due to the weight of the bike though! Stopped by my local Honda dealership and rental isn't an option. Bummer.

I walked past it and rode my drz 400, which is light and nimble. I found the three state marker for Kansas, Oklahoma, and Missouri.

I passed 10,000 today! 6000 miles in six months. Changed the tires to shinko 705s and love the bike even more. Handling is pretty sweet with the new tires. Hoping stock chains will last until 15,000 miles when I'll do oil change and valve clearance check and everything else that's required.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

300 mi round trip Portland to Lakewood, bought and had installed the ADV rack by HondaBikePro (Thanks Dale!). Will post pics later, butt hurts and too tired. Draining day riding in the 90+ heat.

Changed the oil, coolant, brake fluid and checked the valves today. Success on all four! Only had to adjust 2 exhaust valves, the two in the center of the engine. First time checking the valves, was easier than I thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back