• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2017: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another local bucket item -- Riding up to High Point State Park, the highest point in New Jersey.

I followed this with some mountain road running down through Sussex County.
What's so special about this area? It's NJ's own little slice of Appalachia.

Ridge-and-Valley Appalachians - Wikipedia

Appalachia-baby-b.jpg

The route , roughly, using I-80 as both starting point (Ledgewood) and ending point (Hope)

2017-08-06-motorcycle-trip-high-point-c.jpg

Some shots along the way..

Lusscroft Farm, a "historically significant dairy farming and scientific research facility", which I really wanted to see. I love the high meadows up here!

20170806_153416a.jpg

High Point State Park itself. Only 1803 feet above see level, and we'll take it!

20170806_160148a.jpg

20170806_160425.jpg

Peters Valley School of Craft. Nice surprise find. Love the Greek revival house

20170806_173414(1).jpg

Buttermilk Falls, a New Jersey mountain waterfall! Near Walpack Center, "the town that time forgot".

20170806_180444a.jpg

20170806_180255.jpg

I took Old Mine Road down. Lovely little road, tucked under the ridge.

Thanks for the video. It is nice to see things combined with your commentary. It is very hard to get that tactile feel from the internet :)

Two questions: Do you have a link where you purchased them from? My feeling that all manufacturers are not equal and the fit seemed very good on yours. Did you have any issues with the brake light switch for the brake lever?
No issues at all on the brake light switch :)
I'm now on my cellphone so I'll post the link in a few.

Here's the link:
For Honda CBF 500 2006 2007 VTX1300 2003 2010 CNC Motorcycle 3D Long/Short Brake Clutch Levers High quality 2005 2009 2008 2004-in Levers, Ropes & Cables from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Last edited:
3 days of riding with the new Seat Concepts 'low' seat. They are not joking when describing it as low. Sitting 'in' the bike as opposed to sitting 'on' the bike with the stock seat.

It feels a bit firmer, but overall experience has been good so far. Even a 100 mile ride felt better.

Hit 60k on the way into work.
Thursday oil change while engines nice and hot from the ride home. Then Friday valves, fork oil, brake fluid, clean the air filter, put my sit-n-fly seat material on the rear seat, adjust the chain, wire up a fuse box
GXG-1987 Mini 6 Way Blade Fuse Box Holder APM ATM 5A 10A 25A for Car Boat Marine Trike Amazon.com: GXG-1987 Mini 6 Way Blade Fuse Box Holder APM ATM 5A 10A 25A for Car Boat Marine Trike: Automotive
4b64183886fa27f1f324775fe0bf954a.jpg

Install auxiliary lights
Xprite 2" Inch 10-Watt Cree High Power LED Off-Road Spot Light (2-Pack) Amazon.com: Xprite 2" Inch 10-Watt Cree High Power LED Off-Road Spot Light (2-Pack): Automotive
And put a cheap LED strip or two in the frunk. My on off switches that I'm using for my cigarette outlet and USB outlet (each has a switch) has a 10 amp max but the cigarette outlet has a 15 amp max so I'm thinking of using the switch I already have installed for my frunk light and just leaving the cigarette outlet hot all the time, any reason this might be a bad idea? I'm wiring the auxiliary lights into the OEM accessory harness and everything else I've added will be wired into the fuse box. I'm mounting the auxiliary lights the the OEM light bar.
Any tips or pointers for a electrical novice?

Last edited:
I couple posts back I listed what I planned on doing today. I got most of it done but the wiring took allot longer then I hoped it would. So yesterday after work I got the oil change done and started removing body parts. Today I changed the fork fluid and adjusted the valves, only one of the exhaust valves were a little tight the rest haven't moved. I got most of the wiring done but not finished. Tomorrow I'm going to finish the wiring, paint a few brackets, change the brake fluid and adjust my chain.
I'll be good to go for another 10,000 before oil and 10,000 more after that before I do this all again.
I'll post pics of the lights I put on after I finish everything. That reminds me I wasn't able to mount the auxiliary lights I got to the light bar (the mounts it came with won't work there) I mounted them on the forks for now, it might work out better anyway but if I can find or make the mounts to put them on the light bar I will

On my way to teach my first MSF BRC course this morning....didn't quite go as planned! Don't know what I hit but Ride-On couldn't stop this...

Guess I know what my pay for this weekend goes to.
b8487a9bde84e510a6621b5e69ce36bb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Been out of town for two weeks for work. Finally home.
Popped in the garage and the NC is still there! Hopefully get some throttle time this weekend after I get the "Honey-better-do-before-he-plays" list accomplished.

While in Kansas City on the way to the second shooting location I saw a 1000RR blow through traffic at around 130+ mph, hit a long sweeping exit ramp that lead to another interstate at around 110mph. A large truck moved over and the guy had to take the outside, he low-sided slid and the bike started flipping, he hit the grass, caught and flipped a few times. I saw him get up walk around and then sit back down. He's gotta be feeling pretty bad as when he passed me his gear consisted of a pair of aviation goggles and a "really bad ***" leather "bullet proof vest" looking thing with his club name on the back.

We we still going on the same Highway and everyone on that exit stopped, so I don't have an end to that story except to say this...

Sometimes I miss having a high powered sport bike... and then I see that and I'm so happy I can twist the NC to the throttle stop and still not be going 180mph.

Made me appreciate my bike more.... again.

At the CADVR rally in Wisconsin.

Currently typing this on the ferry to Madaline island:

aec561efd8474619cc1835cadeccd9f9.jpg

Lake of the Clouds, Porcupine Mountain State Park, Michigan:

91ba5d88c5d28090430bc2f55ac734e8.jpg

Wannabezho Waterfall:

c218bde8d0214223bd982c554e95dc9c.jpg

Another local bucket item -- Riding up to High Point State Park, the highest point in New Jersey.

I followed this with some mountain road running down through Sussex County.
What's so special about this area? It's NJ's own little slice of Appalachia.

Ridge-and-Valley Appalachians - Wikipedia

View attachment 34344

The route , roughly, using I-80 as both starting point (Ledgewood) and ending point (Hope)

View attachment 34342

Some shots along the way..

Lusscroft Farm, a "historically significant dairy farming and scientific research facility", which I really wanted to see. I love the high meadows up here!

View attachment 34336

High Point State Park itself. Only 1803 feet above see level, and we'll take it!

View attachment 34335

View attachment 34330

Peters Valley School of Craft. Nice surprise find. Love the Greek revival house

View attachment 34331

Buttermilk Falls, a New Jersey mountain waterfall! Near Walpack Center, "the town that time forgot".

View attachment 34337

View attachment 34332

I took Old Mine Road down. Lovely little road, tucked under the ridge.
Looks awesome. I'm planning a ride out there as well. About 4 hours for me round trip from the Edison NJ area.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Took my wife shopping this morning and found her a nice, good fitting helmet to go along with the Aerostich suit that we bought a year ago. Finally... After having the NC for two years, I got her to climb on the back to go for a ride !!! We spent an hour on my favorite back-country roads through Thurston, Lewis, and Grays Harbor counties..... And she LOVED it!!!
SCORE!
>Thom

Looks awesome. I'm planning a ride out there as well. About 4 hours for me round trip from the Edison NJ area.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Happy riding! It's a beautiful area. I didn't know about this place when I rode, but next time I'm going to try to start at Waterloo Village, Exit 25 on I-80:

The pictures from there look amazing:
Google - Waterloo Village

Finished my maintenance and electrical projects this afternoon
ffde8bfdbad5270a5aa71ea4009f8611.jpg

Headlight and auxiliary lights
65d36daf831d677f1bd75a1cf69a7f9a.jpg

31a803a26f9f8b34b2dbf63fac001d6c.jpg

I also put a couple of led light strips in the frunk and rewired my USB outlets and cigarette outlet into the fuse box I put in

Last edited:
785 miles, did some adventuring, not to much since he has 7500 miles on stock tires and I have 5000 on my stock NC rear tire everyone says is only good for 3k.
The ride, I had to ride to house and home after, that part wasn't tracked
20770059_701788390012831_3636955174688962866_n.jpg
The campsite on state land
20729320_701788400012830_7897242992433848590_n.jpg
Fire(and beer, not pictured)
20729409_701788416679495_6261267962649740162_n.jpg
We were too tired to chop wood so he used his $15k bike as a truck
20768232_701788446679492_3286899974752531519_n.jpg

Took my wife shopping this morning and found her a nice, good fitting helmet to go along with the Aerostich suit that we bought a year ago. Finally... After having the NC for two years, I got her to climb on the back to go for a ride !!! We spent an hour on my favorite back-country roads through Thurston, Lewis, and Grays Harbor counties..... And she LOVED it!!!
SCORE!
>Thom

I've heard there is no helmet bump on the DCT bikes when couples ride two up.

Changed oil and filter on my bike. Bike is a 2012 and has 3,000 miles on it. Guy I bought it from said he changed the oil and filter but I don't think he really did. Oil looked nasty and the filter was the factory filter and hard as a biatch to break loose.

Well at least it is done now. I used Mobil 1 10-40 motorcycle synthetic and mobil 1 M110A filter.

Rode to work today, only good part of coming back from vacation!! Had the 8000 service done while I was away too!

Rode to work today, only good part of coming back from vacation!! Had the 8000 service done while I was away too!

Me too. after 2 weeks on the road with work, it was nice to get back to my Moto commute.
Got a nice ride in on Saturday night as well. But my face shield got mauled with bugs driving past the lake. Those buggers are hard to clean!

Since I had an SW motech tank lock set that I didn't use, I thought to myself that I can build something useful out of it for the bike, so I made a Tanklock adapter plate to mount it inside the hole of a Givi Monokey topcase carrier.

Click photo for imgur album with more pictures :)

It still fits a Monokey case without problems ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back