• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2017: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rode in today, and looks like the rest of the week may be the same. temps look great. This weekend, in Madison, IN is a vintage bike show on the waterfront, put on by Thorntons. Heading there Sunday morning with some of the Louisville Vintage Motor Works crowd. Should be an awesome weekend to be near the water and bikes all at once.

hmm, may see you guys around there Sunday. I have been riding in the Madison area the past few weekends. Really enjoy riding both sides of the river over to Markland dam and back...

300 miles plus for the day, rode a bunch of miles into the heart and heat of the expansive, isolated Blackfoot Reservation. It seemed all of NW Montana was heatwaves, in drought and smoky. As a result I didn't snap many piccies. But I found all the free-range horses interesting, many of them wild, derived from the original Native American ride, the Spanish Mustang. They sometimes breed with the branded stock.

2017-08-23 13;47;51 by greenboy, on Flickr

2017-08-23 13;49;10 by greenboy, on Flickr

2017-08-23 14;05;00 by greenboy, on Flickr

Last edited by a moderator:
Had a bit of bad luck today. MY 8 year old Kryptonite disk lock, which had always been difficult to unlock, finally broke. I had figured it was just temperamental...
I was turning the key, trying to get it to turn and then something broke and it kept turning 360 degrees. I fiddled with it for almost an hour before giving up and committing to a locksmith.
He cut through the body of the lock (after trying to pick it and drilling the lock) and it snapped right off, but it took a long time.
Will likely purchase another but this time I'll be sure to return it the second it doesn't work right.

I also installed the Givi top box and wide angle mirrors.

Attachments

• disklock2.jpg
    disklock2.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 113
  • disklock1.jpg
    disklock1.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 113
  • 20170824_150043.jpg
    20170824_150043.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 115
It was quite a chilly ride in today, at sub 60 temps. But this weekend is shaping up to be a great one. I am going to actually wash the bike Saturday and do a little touchup maintenance, and then Sunday, ride out to Madison.

David, hope to see you there. We should be arriving somewhere around 12:00 to 12:30, provided the kickstands all go up when scheduled.

Rode to work today as usual today, but the mind was prepping for lunchtime when I head for the Mail Pouch Fly-by in Marietta and a weekend of twisties! Heading down there via the Ohio River Scenic Byway. The weather is lining up to be a perfect weekend. Ready to go now...!!

Good day to ride, about 80 and partly cloudy. (27 C)
I had no real need to go anywhere, so I rode up to Joplin to look at the 2018 Harley softtails.
Much improved bikes in engine, suspension, weight. Ugly matte red paint that looked like tomato soup on the only one in stock,which was still in the back.
I think they will sell a lot of them to people that want a bigger bike but don't want an 850 pound beast.
Also I think young people will like the blacked out engine look, though not many millennials have 25,000 laying around.
The 114 engine in a 700 pound bike should get up and go.
Riding home I appreciated the ease of riding and the upright position of my nc700.

Just looked at her the last few days.
Too hot. 96° on the island and 100° on the pavement.
:(
ATG = AUGH.
I still want someone to point me to a chain-mail suit that is affordable.

My LL Bean clock/thermometer says 99 now, so I'm just waiting in the shade of the Taj Mahal for the new ice to cool the beverages in the cooler here at the Rally in the Gorge. I got tired of the ice melting before the beer was cold using an expendable styrofoam cooler so i finally decided how to use Dales rack I have mounted. I got a Yeti Roadie 20 cooler and it fits perfectly on that rack.

View attachment 34510

View attachment 34511

And the most important pic!

View attachment 34512

So now it will be a better ratio of beer runs to ice runs! Thanks again to Dale and his rack. Now if I could get him to design a second tier to his rack, I'd have a spot for the microwave...

Ray

Last edited:
Tried out the Rever motorcycle app for my ride to Marietta today. It was OK but I need to see if I can play with the settings to improve it. Main gripe was that it wouldn't keep the screen alive, even though phone was plugged in. Hopefully that's an easy fix. Main thing was, I got to Marietta via my planned non-highway route! Longest I've ever ridden in a single shot - 200 miles non-stop. 72.2mpg, about 3.5-4 hours total with some pretty good views of the Ohio River and some nice roads. Dinner was waiting when I arrived too! Did some mingling and made some connections, looks like I have a riding group for tomorrow and another one for the ride home too. You meet some of the nicest people on a motorcycle!!

I believe you'll be riding with Tom Bigg and Geoffrey Greene tomorrow. Tom rode with us yesterday and we had a great time in spite of one road (260) having 15-miles of pea-sized gravel. I left my NC700X at home and rode my NT700V to the event so I've been relearning low to use those weird thingies on the left side of the handlebar & engine case.

Had to work today. Rode the NC in to work (normally the cruiser is the commuter). Indiana cheep and sealed the highway I take to the Interstate and pea size gravel for 8 miles, I call it cheep and seal instead of chip and seal because they do a really cheap job of doing it. All it does is cover the tar snakes they created and a few cracks-does nothing for the pot holes or other bumps which has occurred on the road. This is Indiana Hwy 160 between Henryville and Salem. It traverses thru part of the Clark State Forestry and really knurly thru this area, big drop off hill which has a sharp S curve and many curves which means not much leaning with all the gravel over the road-arghhh.

When I get off work (noonish), I am going to go get some Chinese food, then take KY roads over to Markland Dam and back tracked to Vevay-their Swiss festival is happening and wine tasting events. They had Charlie Daniels band last night but had to be at work early this morning-so I didn't go over there yesterday.

Last edited:
i went to a family reunion today, gave the bike a good wash and headed out. lot of guys in my family ride harleys but they all had some good things to say about my little bike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back