• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2017: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried out the Rever motorcycle app for my ride to Marietta today. It was OK but I need to see if I can play with the settings to improve it. Main gripe was that it wouldn't keep the screen alive, even though phone was plugged in. Hopefully that's an easy fix. Main thing was, I got to Marietta via my planned non-highway route! Longest I've ever ridden in a single shot - 200 miles non-stop. 72.2mpg, about 3.5-4 hours total with some pretty good views of the Ohio River and some nice roads. Dinner was waiting when I arrived too! Did some mingling and made some connections, looks like I have a riding group for tomorrow and another one for the ride home too. You meet some of the nicest people on a HONDA!!

There.
Fixed it for ya.

Gassed it up for an early Monday ride, summer won't let go, 5-7 days of 100º+ in the forecast.

We plan to be home by around 11am, should still only be in the low 90s ....

Took back roads to Pennsylvania International Speedway for Rd 8 of Moto America.
It was great 215 miles to get there. The race was AWESOME. I hope it catches on again and becomes the new "AMA Superbike races" of the 2000's.
I shot 115 Gigs of photos all in RAW so I'll have to take a few moments to edit/select the good ones.

Rodger Hayden was rocken.. took 3rd today... 1000cc race was seriously fast... 190 in the straights, wheeling 1 - 5 45 deg lean angles the whole nine yards...

Took the highways home 115 miles straight shot. totaled around 330 miles today... not a bad Saturday!

GREAT DAY.

Here's a teaser gallery: MotoAmerica PA 2017 - Google Photos

Wonder what Hayden was eyeballing...
MOTOAM-28.jpg

Last edited:
My wife and I rode from Twinsburg to Salem to Carrollton and back home.
Me on my NC, she on her CTX.
About 180 miles, avoiding highways and favoring alternate routes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Gassed it up for an early Monday ride, summer won't let go, 5-7 days of 100º+ in the forecast.

We plan to be home by around 11am, should still only be in the low 90s ....
I'm roasting down here in central cal as well
0ee1c6b8835469d672b6efc7e854cb7e.jpg

I'm probably flying out to Florida for work this weekend. I was out there two weeks ago, much worse then anything on the west coast, the humidity is ridiculous

Last edited:
Rode south of Louisville. Put in about 80 miles. Beautiful day for riding. Had my 2nd fill up so 1st MPG calculation - 65.6 mpg. Probably higher as I over filled it today.

Got some good speed riding in and definitely need to look into a better than stock windscreen. Too much whistling, wind noise and buffeting as is.

Ran some errands with the spouse playing passenger. Was a little warm but we stopped regularly. Visited a local store that said they had some clearance items on sale for 50% off. Turns out to be wool hats >.<. Saw some clearance helmets for 10% off. Too bad they were already 2 years old. Found some rain XL rain pants for 40% off. Unfortunately the XL tuns into a chest wader on me. They always suck me in with the chance to save...

Tightened and lubed the chain. I'd recommend checking the tires for debris when lubing the chain. I find some metal slivers every 6 weeks or so probably a byproduct of working in an industrial park. Better to pull them out before they lead to a puncture.

Packed up all my gear and had a leasurely ride from Hood River to Boise, 300+ miles.

IMG_4055.jpg

Putted along on the interstate about 50-55 mph and was getting 60mpg all loaded down. I noticed that with the FOBOBIKE tire pressure sensors, since it is so easy to check, I am keeping my cold pressures correctly pumped up. That and slower interstate speeds, probably helped my mpg results increase.

image1.jpg

Tomorrow I have time to kill, will loop from Boise to Lowman starting the loop off I84 onto SR21

Ray

Last edited:
So the weekend was about 700 miles total, 200 each way plus a little under 300 on Saturday. Managed to lose my keys on the last evening, thankfully I had read the recent posts about breaking into the frunk to retrieve keys and decided to take my spare set along with me!! Going to have to order a new key (laser, 2016+) if the hotel doesn't have them turn up in the next few days. Got home and got her all cleaned up and chain cleaned/lubed. I do think a new seat will be in my future, although not sure where it sits on the priority list, it may have just moved up a few notches!!

Anyway, the weekend was fantastic with great people and great riding. I highly recommend checking the event and/or the back roads of Marietta out if you can. Maybe we can plan a NC weekend ride sometime?!!

MSTA Sat ride group pic.jpg

Hotel called, housekeeping found my keys!! :D

You have no idea how badly I wanted to go gear up and ride the indirect route to go fetch them :confused: Gonna' have to let them mail them though!!

Rode a lot more on Saturday than I thought. Nearly 300 miles on a whim. Sunday, met up with a bunch of friends from LouVin and headed to Madison, IN for a vintage motorcycle show on the river. Met up with David and good times were had. Put together a short video of both the ride in, as well as a walk-by of the show bikes.

[video=youtube;OBTA00fy-Bo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBTA00fy-Bo[/video]

Questions to you guys that make YouTube videos of your rides (or people that watch them) - I have about 4 hours of ride action from the loop we rode on Saturday, no one (except me!) wants to watch all of that, what kind of length video should I be aiming to cut that down to, 10 minutes, 15, more, less?

I have access to Premier Elements but have not done any video editing, any tips/tricks/URL's for tutorials that you've found especially useful? I know some of you add music, what's the deal with the licensing on that?

Thanks in advance!

Friday, Aug. 25th, made a loop ride which included 30+ miles of gravel in the mountains. Crossed over from Cataloochie Valley, NC to Cosby, TN. Loose gravel, rough and lots of slick stone in road. Good ride. Total loop was 170 miles. Riding temperature was great, 61 F. to start and 82 F. at the end. Left the house at 6:43 a.m. and returned at 2:00 p.m. Would have been better with off road tires across the gravel stretch. And I do find the throttle a little to sensitive for gravel roads. My bike is a 2014 Honda NC700X.

Questions to you guys that make YouTube videos of your rides (or people that watch them) - I have about 4 hours of ride action from the loop we rode on Saturday, no one (except me!) wants to watch all of that, what kind of length video should I be aiming to cut that down to, 10 minutes, 15, more, less?

I have access to Premier Elements but have not done any video editing, any tips/tricks/URL's for tutorials that you've found especially useful? I know some of you add music, what's the deal with the licensing on that?

Thanks in advance!

I use music from YouTube's free library. No licensing issues that way, and the only requirements are some will want a credit in the description. Search "Royalty Free Music" and you will find plenty. Again, some may require a credit in the description. If you look at the youtube page for mine, you will see that only one song of the bunch required anything.

In that video I did, I cut out 40 minutes of riding and only kept what I thought were cool bits. I try and keep ride videos down to around 5 minutes or one song. I would have normally split that video up in 3 parts; first part of me riding solo, 2nd part with the group and the last part of the show bikes (and David's legs). Even the Tail of the Dragon is boring to watch the whole run of if you are not on the bike. you'll find most of the internet doesnt want to watch more than 3 to 5 minutes at a time. There are exceptions, like if you are really funny and doing vlogs for fun and not *****ing about cagers and traffic and politics the whole time.

YouTube has all the tips/tricks for all the different editors out there. The biggest thing is to pick a software package and stick with it.

One of my biggest beefs with a lot of riding vids is how little of what one would see in some incredible track and the landscape around it, actually can be seen in ultra-compressed GoPro footage. I mean, I can watch stuff with big production values and budget, and footage gathered with amazing cameras and lenses.

What makes a DIY vid interesting is the territory, the presentation (sometimes voice-over can be used to good and perhaps humorous effect), the pacing of edit and organization, and hearing some music that's not too hackneyed for the genre -- if that's possible with music that is legally available, comes from artists or publishers who have given permission. Don't need fancy wipes and dissolves and effects though a few good choices that don't screw the pacing up can be spice.

Keep it short unless you have something pretty unusual because there are a gazillion vids of a bunch of guys rolling down the highway for what seems like eons, that seem interchangeable. No new camera mounting point or angle is likely to be discovered at this point with GoPro-type cameras... Some people are using drones to good effect, mixed in with other camera mounting. Even then, content should matter first. I like some of the stuff I've seen that has personality to it, people can add interest to fairly prosaic riding and scenery.

Why I've moved to still photography perhaps. One can easily shuffle though a stack of photos, mostly ignoring the ones they think are mundane, looking a little longer at the ones they think have resonance. It doesn't eat much time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back