• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2017: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did the dreaded air filter change today.
Not as bad as I thought it would be.
Only took 30 minutes.
At 31000 miles I noticed the mileage getting a little low, couldn't get 74 mpg going to work.
Happy now.

Did the dreaded air filter change today.
Not as bad as I thought it would be.
Only took 30 minutes.
At 31000 miles I noticed the mileage getting a little low, couldn't get 74 mpg going to work.
Happy now.

30 minutes! You're the master!

I've cleaned my K&N filter twice and it takes me WAY longer than 30 minutes.

I have had similar experiences with mmotoparts.com. They are difficult to get a tracking number from. Helps to email them early on and ask for it.

Your stuff should be arriving soon. Very happy with my purchases from them for my NX250.

I got a bunch of stuff in the mail, so I did some small tweaks:

I crammed some tow straps and the forum-recommended Stop N Go Air Puncture Kit in the right side, and the charging cables from the Anker charger in the left side (in ziploc bag)

View attachment 34405
Do you have a link or picture to share. Great idea!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Practiced some powerslides/rolling burnouts on the NC on gravel.
Feels sketchy at first, but then everything feels smooooth and controllable.
Must try to do some wheelies one time :D

I have had similar experiences with mmotoparts.com. They are difficult to get a tracking number from. Helps to email them early on and ask for it.

Your stuff should be arriving soon. Very happy with my purchases from them for my NX250.
So far i have sent three emails with no reply. How does the quality look/feel? based on pictures on this forum(and others) their product looks to be of high quality. Also how long from order date to door step? Hello from Tucson! or kind of. I never really seem to be home in Tucson, my company likes to send me else where.

Woot!

25,000 miles!
9e52e3d45f579d02bd1538cb7e8ec1f6.jpg

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

UPS just arrived with my new projects. For my NC a front fender extender, Bark Busters and a radiator protector. For my lovely wife's CB500x a windscreen, radiator protector, Bark Busters and an engine guard.

Bike Parts.jpg

Attachments

• Receipt to match story.jpg
    Receipt to match story.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 142
So far i have sent three emails with no reply. How does the quality look/feel? based on pictures on this forum(and others) their product looks to be of high quality. Also how long from order date to door step? Hello from Tucson! or kind of. I never really seem to be home in Tucson, my company likes to send me else where.

In 2013 I ordered a complete upper and lower rack for the PC800 I owned at the time. The delivery took about 12 days to Vermont IIRC. I figured I would give them at least two weeks to get the rack to me. The rack arrived in great shape and fit perfectly on the bike, it was very well made. They now have an address in the US for payment purposes I guess located half a mile from where I grew up in Brooklyn, NY.

Ordered my center stand from Webike Japan. I had a $10 coupon that was about to expire. They are out of stock for another 1.5 months. I have not had the stand for two years now so I think I'll survive ;)

What have I been doing with my NC700 today? Absolutely nothing. Three days ago I cleaned and lubed the chain after my two rides over dirt roads. It has been raining for two days so maybe tomorrow I can get out and ride.

Ran out of gas for the first time. The second the dash blinked 0.6 it died. I only got it a couple blocks further. Wonderful wife came to do gas run.

Lesson learned: Stop when reserve hits 0.5. Dont wait til you hit 0.6!

Last edited:
Installed front and rear wheels / new Dunlop Roadsmart II's. New sprockets and X2 chain installed. Adjusted valves ...again. Made up a toolkit for the upcoming road trip.

Btw... Do you actually carry two small wrenches, two big sockets, your chain alignment tool, a ratchet, and ratcheting torque wrench on road trips so you can adjust the chain? I suppose there is no option for a 1200 mile trip, right?
>Thom

Last edited:
Installed front and rear wheels / new Dunlop Roadsmart II's. New sprockets and X2 chain installed. Adjusted valves ...again. Made up a toolkit for the upcoming road trip.

Btw... Do you actually carry two small wrenches, two big sockets, your chain alignment tool, a ratchet, and ratcheting torque wrench on road trips so you can adjust the chain? I suppose there is no option for a 1200 mile trip, right?
>Thom
I carry the 14mm and 12mm wrench anyway but they sell wrenches just for your rear tire size and out of light materials if your willing to pay for it, that's allot less weight and space then carrying sockets and ratchets.

>Thom

Imho the chain if properly lubed and adjusted to start with, should not need adjustment on a 1200 mile road trip. The tyres are tubeless so there is no need to remove the axle otherwise, unless there is a catastrophe in which case you will need recovery to a dealer anyway. Part of my toolkit does however include a mid sized adjustable wrench and some smaller wrenches . Imho the chain adjustment tool is only for the workshop.

>Thom

I generally run 2000 mile trips and pay no attention to the chain. Newer chains don't need frequent adjusting. If properly adjusted and lubed at departure, it does the trip just fine. If I had to fiddle with the chain in the middle of my vacation, I'd say screw that, and take my shaft driven bike.

Last edited:
Somewhere in the first 1,000 miles on a chain I usually adjust it because of slight stretching. But after that it doesn't move for a very long time

Reached the Summit in Iowa..

Off on a little September ramble from Minnesota to Colorado. Since I will be traveling at high elevations, I decided to start with the highest point in Iowa...

DSCN0436.jpgDSCN0442.jpg

The wife and I did a little back roads route to Cultus Lake today. About 200km total. Was hot for full gear at 38 C (100 F).

We were about 30 mins in driving along 0 Avenue which runs parallel to the US/Canada border when we ran into some excitement. The road has speed control bumps to get people to maintain the 50km/h speed limit. You can take them on the bike easily at 70km/h. A driver in a red SUV crossed the double yellow line to pass a car in the oncoming lane. They successfully made the pass and hit the bump over 100km/h about the same time we did. I was shaking my head and checked my rear view mirror... I didn't see the vehicle. It appears that they got a little air when they hit the bump, the landing bounced the suspension and they lost control. The car slid into the forest by crossing my lane. If we had been 5 seconds slower we would have been dealing with a head on collision situation.

I am thankful that we were not in an accident and didn't have to test our gear. Reinforces why I wear it...not sure how much it would have helped in this situation. Wishing you all safe riding.

Leigh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back