• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2017: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I moved the stock windshield to the lower position, which seemed to reduce buffeting.
I miss the Madstad, but I need more air in the Oklahoma summer.

Then I rode up to Baxter Springs, Kansas, to get a little more video for a route 66 youtube I am making.
Came home and finished up this video of a little tiny bit of the TransAmerica Trail that enters Oklahoma south of me.

Nice rides # 6, transamerica trail Oklahoma map # 2 - YouTube

Was a blistery 53 deg when I rode in today. I regret missing riding this past weekend, as it was probably the most perfect weekend yet this year... Oh well. There is always the fall!

Bike has been parked since Sunday. In Toronto for work. Not as many motorcycles around here as I expected. And Canadian IPA's are wimpy (Sorry Canada) Even a 6.5% Hop Monster (was the name) was very light and not hoppy. night have to move here and start a proper brewery! :D

But Toronto, she's a beauty tho ehh! All Aboot the hockey and poutine!

Last edited:
Hey Brad, yep, you missed a great weekend of riding (it was brisk riding in this morning). Saturday I rode over and around Patoka lake in Indiana (only took a couple of pictures). Found some areas I never seen in the area.

Sunday, I rode to Nashville Indiana and then over to Lake Monroe:

Felt very spring-like (50°) on my ride in this morning, even with a fleece under the mesh jacket! It's almost the end of June for crying out loud, I refuse to put my 3/4 touring jacket on for another few months!!

Felt very spring-like (50°) on my ride in this morning, even with a fleece under the mesh jacket! It's almost the end of June for crying out loud, I refuse to put my 3/4 touring jacket on for another few months!!

If I bring a sleeved fleece or vest for under the mesh, I use one that has ripstop or taffeta nylon as an outer shell. Doesn't add any bulk to speak of and makes all the difference. Actually can do well in some types of rain too. Check it out -- you can often find a layer like that for real cheap ; ]

Last edited by a moderator:
It's been back and forth to work for me, I did take the wifes Vstar out and play with it some...
[video=youtube_share;Oyr0DgubLsQ]https://youtu.be/Oyr0DgubLsQ[/video]

Mounted new rear tire. Went retro with a Bridgestone BT023. At one time these were my favorite tire until the T30s came out but 023s are still great tires and very inexpensive now.

between 120 and 130 kph. Did I mention it is a 250?

Yes in an earlier post when you picked it up recently. How is the the comfort on that bike, I mean I know you wouldn't want to go 300 miles on an interstate but how would it be on secondary highways doing 60 MPH all day long? There is just something about small displacement bikes, the challenge of making do with less maybe. I almost bought a WR250R instead of the NC, but I don't think it would be good, comfort wise, for a long day of touring.

At 6' and around 200 lbs, 60 mph is still pretty buzzy/vibey... Ergo wise, it's really not that bad. I did a 60 mile ride, and other than the bars being way too low, I was comfortable. Once I got it home and rotated the bars higher, it is pretty good. The big downside is the suspension. I'm way too heavy for the stock setup, might as well be riding a hard tail. If the bike was going to be mine to play with, I'd be changing sprockets at the very least. With that said, it is a fun little bike to thrash around.

And on the ncx front, i did a video of a walk around of my nc700x... Along with ride it to work.

The other day i removed my powerbronz hugger and went back to just the chain guard.

Mounted new rear tire. Went retro with a Bridgestone BT023. At one time these were my favorite tire until the T30s came out but 023s are still great tires and very inexpensive now.

I'm happy with mine, front and back. Ten weeks and 3000 miles later they're still looking like new. Great tire.

The chain came off the rear sprocket on my NC when slowing down for the stop-sign leaving my subdivision. There was a bit of a crunchy whir sound then the engine stopped.

I left it on the side of the road and walked home to take my truck to work. We will see what the damage is this evening when I get back.

Chain and sprockets were ordered last week so the timing isn't too bad.

The chain came off the rear sprocket on my NC when slowing down for the stop-sign leaving my subdivision. There was a bit of a crunchy whir sound then the engine stopped.

I left it on the side of the road and walked home to take my truck to work. We will see what the damage is this evening when I get back.

Chain and sprockets were ordered last week so the timing isn't too bad.
I had that happen not long after first getting my NC, my thinking was if nothing broke and it came off then it can go back on, and so it did :) then I just rode very gently so as not to throw it again, but this happened a couple blocks from work so 60 miles from home. Got to work and home like that and changed out chain and sprockets that weekend

I didn't do it today but did it yesterday. I did a 262 mile loop ride from my house using main roads just to get out and cruise. I also put a seat cover on my NC that I got the information from this Forum. The material came from Israel. And it does work. Made my ride much more comfortable with fewer stops to fluff my tail feathers. Averaged 75.1 mpg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back