• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2018: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw that post where he was selling them. Have you ridden on them yet. If so, how do you like them.

YUP, and i just got back! We had thunderstorm/lightning warnings for this evening but I couldn't wait to take off and ride to try them out. So i made it a quick 55 mile ride. I stopped a couple of times for pictures but they seem "ok" so far. I did not raise the front "tab" when i mounted the drivers seat so we'll see, I may do that tomorrow as i did notice that it too seemed to slope down too much for my liking even on a short ride like this evenings. Dunno, we'll see. I'll try it like this for a while. :{)

quick rain ride on the new Shad seats.jpg

Saturday I'm headed up to the Canadian border with my friend Sam and i'm going to shoot for 300 or more miles if my backside can take it. I've never ridden further then 200 at one time/one day. So we'll see how it will go, i'll update more on the seats when i get back! :{)

I'm following the Alaska thread for Tewster 2 on the ADV forum. He posted a pic today and a red NC was in the background. Any of you guys in Dawson?

112 degrees (Fahrenheit :cool:) here today in Phoenix. Pretty warm weather to commute in.

Wife and I went out for a ride to get a fish sandwich this evening. 68* F here in the Midwest. Perfect! And a welcome relief from the 90's (F) we've had lately.

Working this morning; rode the NC700x into work (my Suzuki C50 Boulevard is my normal commute biker-bigger profile for cagers to see). Perfect weather-67'F low humidity-going to be a high of about 82'F and low humidity today-only 20% chance of rain yea....take advantage while I can-next week, highs back into mid-upper 90s and high humidity.

Yesterday I took a nice little 515+ mile ride and "tested" out my new-to-me Shad seat, It was a great ride. I left Post Falls and headed over to Coeur d'Alene and took US95 south to Lewiston, then SH12 east to Orofino for a quick lunch at the famous Krystal Cafe(they did not have any PIE, though i did get to meet up with two ADV riders). Then i continued east on SH12 all the way over to Lolo Pass and on to Lolo Mt(i should have thought to bring a pair of shorts and stopped at the Lolo Hot Springs). Then I headed north on US93 to Missoula to the RMEF building(which was nearly over grown by weeds and looks closed down). I then contimued w/b on I-90 and stopped in St Regis at the Frosty Drive-In for a quick burger/fries and continued on home. My previous longest ride on the factory seat had been a painful 200 miles! Shad makes a great seat and i am very pleased with it.

Orofino loop, Lewiston grade2.jpg
Orofino loop, Krystal cafe Orofino.jpg
Orofino loop, Missoula RMEF2.jpg

I know there are a few other threads specifically about bar risers, so i wont lo-jack this one. Now that the seat issue has been taken care of now it seems i am having issues with pinching cramps in the back side of my trap muscles-neck between my upper shoulder blades...wow! Now to look into getting a nice set of risers. :{)

I know there are a few other threads specifically about bar risers, so i wont lo-jack this one. Now that the seat issue has been taken care of now it seems i am having issues with pinching cramps in the back side of my trap muscles-neck between my upper shoulder blades...wow! Now to look into getting a nice set of risers. :{)
Ever think about seeing a chiropractor too? Tension Is a killer on the neck, traps, and upper back between the shoulder blades. Make sure you aren't keeping your head to far forward. That puts stress and tension in those places and with the weight of a helmet it exacerbates the problem. Cold and chilly riding for hours does it too. I found that in those conditions 60 degrees and lower that riding with a heated jacket liner on lower power makes all the difference and the knotted muscles loosen up. If you are reaching to far forward then setbacks/risers should help otherwise make sure you pay attention to your body posture for a while.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Thanks 1WG, that is a great tip! My Chiropractor and i are good friends. Every one of those areas that you mentioned are realistic and i am grateful for your input! :{)

1. Rode to a breakfast meeting of the Christian Motorcycle Association . I am not a member, but I am looking for groups that have rides that do not involve drinking.

2. Rode to the lake to put the new tax stickers on my little fishing boat. Irritating to have to pay the state to use the boat on a lake they didn’t build.

3. Rode to the polling place to vote. I am a reasonably informed person but I still had no idea who some of the candidates are.

1. Rode to a breakfast meeting of the Christian Motorcycle Association . I am not a member, but I am looking for groups that have rides that do not involve drinking.

Look for a BMW Club to join. In my limited experience with two of the BMW clubs here in New England, the Yankee Beemers and my club the BMW Motorcycle Owners of Vermont, they don't bar hop. I don't think I've met anyone who was a regular member who drinks and rides. At overnight campouts I never open a beer until the bike is parked for the night.

Yeah I rode to dinner to meet with friends had 2 mixed drinks in a 3 hour period and noticed a difference on the motorcycle. I enjoy a drink now and then but I won't drink and ride again

Drinking and riding doesn’t make any sense. I also don’t ride at night. Drunks and deer
Dawn and dusk are the worst for the wildlife, not much I can do about the drunks at least their easier to spot on the freeway.

I commute to work on my NC and start somewhere between 0230-0430 so I'm riding in the dark at least one way every day, for 2 or 3 months I'm in the dark both ways.

I've added auxiliary lights and switched my headlight to a brighter led, it helps

Just completed an Ironbutt 1000 mile @ <24 hours.

Took my new/used RV down to southern Kalifornia to get it converted to 4x4 drive trailering my NC’ to ride back home to Oregon.

72D2F449-C640-4CEC-8165-0826E2381754.jpg

Offloaded the NC’ and gassed up starting home yesterday at 9:30 am.

F7F9D5DE-06C5-4F46-82AB-E39E1A3947CE.jpg

During the ride up I5, weather was very hot while traveling through the Central Valley, about 6-8 hours of 105-111 degrees. After about 14 hours riding, I took a four hour break, starting again about 5am this morning.

Finally arrive safely home and put the stallion back in the barn at 8am. Total miles 1008.

7E738F38-3EF9-4D7F-B982-025A4A727AF8.jpg

9797C762-67B3-433E-8817-1108D7655186.jpg

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back