• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spent a bunch at the dealer for maintenance on my Honda... ...CR-V.
100,000 mile service. Trans flush. Coolant flush. Valve adjust. Spark plugs. Belt. Etc. changed my own oil and filter, rear differential fluid, air filter, cabin filter, rotate tires, etc. I love the car and plan to drive it at least another 5yrs.

Only room in the budget this week for the NC was for some right-angle valve stems. I’m going to install them when I mount the new 705’s.

JT

Mounted my rear wheel on the bike after having a Shinko SR777 (160/70/17) installed:
tire.jpg

Then I installed the FIAMM 72112 Freeway Blaster Low Note Horn-It really is plug and play, no inline fuses needed, no relay needed and it is almost as loud, if not as loud, as a steubel air horn:
horn.jpg
Going to order another Fiamm for my old C50 Boulevard.

Then I installed the FIAMM 72112 Freeway Blaster Low Note Horn-It really is plug and play, no inline fuses needed, no relay needed and it is almost as loud, if not as loud, as a steubel air horn:
View attachment 37967
Going to order another Fiamm for my old C50 Boulevard.

Is this considerably louder than stock? I'm thinking it might be useful for the I64/I71 merge that I have to battle everyday

Fiamm states it is 133 decibels at 4" from the horn (standard measuring distance)..When I ride to work I deal with the downtown mess after crossing 2nd street and the I-65 South merging to Watterson eastbound. If the other drivers dont hear it, they choose not to hear it or to disregard it anyways... the stock is beep beep and this is honk honk...deeper bass sound. $17 at Amazon with free shipping, cant go wrong with it. I just ordered one for my Boulevard 10 minutes ago and it will be delivered tomorrow.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000DINKPQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I think I will make changes to it some time in the future. I don't like that the exterior hole is pointing up (water collection) but to turn it down or more to the side, the horn wires need to be extended and some kind of bracket will have to be made to push it out some to clear the bottom plastic bezel. Either that or never get caught in the rain....hehehe

Last edited:
Fiamm states it is 133 decibels at 4" from the horn (standard measuring distance)..When I ride to work I deal with the downtown mess after crossing 2nd street and the I-65 South merging to Watterson eastbound. If the other drivers dont hear it, they choose not to hear it or to disregard it anyways... the stock is beep beep and this is honk honk...deeper bass sound. $17 at Amazon with free shipping, cant go wrong with it. I just ordered one for my Boulevard 10 minutes ago and it will be delivered tomorrow.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000DINKPQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I think I will make changes to it some time in the future. I don't like that the exterior hole is pointing up (water collection) but to turn it down or more to the side, the horn wires need to be extended and some kind of bracket will have to be made to push it out some to clear the bottom plastic bezel. Either that or never get caught in the rain....hehehe

Hard to say without examining one up close, but if you drilled a tiny hole in the bottom, it shouldn't affect volume to much

Broke yet another turn signal ;(
68acb009e46a5c081f7e75ffc5d81b17.jpg

Time for an oil change so i rode out to Alien gear holsters down in Post Falls by Cabelas. Great place, ended up walking out of there $140 lighter haha(had to get a better rig and some acc's to use when riding). Great ride though, then returned home with a nice warmed up bike and changed the oil with a fresh K&N#204 and Rotella T6. :{)

Concealed Carry Holsters | Concealment Holsters | Alien Gear Holsters

My slow puncture could have been repaired, but with damage to the tyre wall from riding on low pressure, the garage I went to (great place in Portsmouth called Russ Motorcycle Tyres) replaced for a fantastic price instead.

https://m.calimoto.com/t/3GomHLTw40

New tyres need scrubbing in - so in the interest of motorcycle maintenance, I took a long scenic route home. Not roads I'd normally ride on - and found a car park overlooking Portsmouth with a greasy burger van just in time for lunch, and to talk to other motorcyclists enjoying the day!
4c4a30446c90172da82750cc5d374486.jpg
aafa692c9d5f2275e1e08fbeab689ef0.jpg

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
My slow puncture could have been repaired, but with damage to the tyre wall from riding on low pressure, the garage I went to (great place in Portsmouth called Russ Motorcycle Tyres) replaced for a fantastic price instead.

https://m.calimoto.com/t/3GomHLTw40

New tyres need scrubbing in - so in the interest of motorcycle maintenance, I took a long scenic route home. Not roads I'd normally ride on - and found a car park overlooking Portsmouth with a greasy burger van - just in time for lunch, and to talk to other motorcyclists enjoying the day!

Haha! The burger truck brand name is Route 66? Do you have a famous Route 66 in the UK?

Cute little Airstream though... We have a local guy that parked a "Shed" in a parking lot next to a miniature golf place and started selling burgers/fries out of it and calls it the "Surf Shack". Man are they good!! :{)

Rained all day here, so i took the car into Spokane Wa to the RevZilla/Cycle Gear shop and checked out some new riding gear. Though I can not afford Klim gear, i did find some really nice/affordable Sedici gear. When i asked the sales guy if they had any ADV Jacket/Pants he point to the right area. I found several i liked but nothing in "Tall" sizes. I check with him again and asked him if they had any that were made made for anyone over 5'8" he just looked at me... I finally replied, "Thanks, I'll go home and look online for some 'Talls'". I did leave with a nice set of ADV/riding boots that were on clearance. haha :{P

Put my 2019 tags on my license plate and new registration in the frunk with the proof of insurance.
My experience is that if all your legal paperwork is on the bike, you won’t need it. If I forget and don’t have it with me, then that’s the time I’ll need it.

JT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back