• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adjusted my chain and sprayed some lube on it.

Yes folks. It’s about as exciting as it sounds.

JT
I did that the other day. Happy to clean and lube the chain, but I hate adjusting it. Always paranoid I'll over tighten it, or fail to balance the rear wheel when I'm done...

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

When I left work on Fri I was running late for an appointment. By the time I got home I was 0.7 and 42 miles into fuel reserve! Weekend got away from me so 1st order of business this morning was to make it to the closest petrol station, 0.8 and 44.7 on reserve, put in 3.537 US gallons! Livin' on the edge I tell you!!! Could have put some fuel from the container I use for the mower, but it was a nice morning and mostly downhill to the the station. Figure'd I'd risk it!

When I left work on Fri I was running late for an appointment. By the time I got home I was 0.7 and 42 miles into fuel reserve! Weekend got away from me so 1st order of business this morning was to make it to the closest petrol station, 0.8 and 44.7 on reserve, put in 3.537 US gallons! Livin' on the edge I tell you!!! Could have put some fuel from the container I use for the mower, but it was a nice morning and mostly downhill to the the station. Figure'd I'd risk it!

I’ve put in 3.55 gallons on two occasions, but I wasn’t living on the edge as much as you were because I had a spare fuel Rotopax on board in case it didn’t work out. I did run out of fuel once because I passed one too many fuel stations and didn’t make it to my destination. The Rotopax saved me. In any case, the stated capacity of 3.7 gallons seems to be fairly accurate.

This reminds me of the Seinfeld episode with Kramer running the test drive car as close to empty as possible for the excitement of it.

Last edited:
My brakes had been feeling a little soft lately so I bled my front and rear brakes and checked out my brake pads. The fluid was old but alas the softness remains, so will have to investigate further. I also cleaned and lubed my chain. We are expecting rain all week so here's to hoping it stays well oiled.

First day back on the bike in more than three weeks. Weather was perfect.

Lubed the chain and did a small slack adjustment.

Rode to work yesterday. A little chilly in the morning. A little wet in the evening. Luckily I timed my ride home in between two storm clouds and only got sprinkled on. Too bad there’s rain forecasted all week.
I don’t mind chancing rain on the way home, but it stinks getting wet on the way to work.

JT

Put 188 miles on the bike for the first real ride of the year, going from Waltham MA to Keene NH and back.Still had a gallon of gas left in the tank!

Step 1 of many over the next week or two...just waiting on the rest to come in the mail.

91feb5fb078ce3a1c12ee53944b8bee4.jpg

f576f38f0bf03d7f0de975f2b8b845be.jpg

d4459132e78426296d4b5c4fbfc8f7c6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Made the swap over to an LED headlight. I bought a Sealight h4 LED from Amazon. Fits perfect and looks awesome! I like how much whiter the light is. It looks a little blue on the wall, but on the road it seems white. I got it done during the daylight, so I don't have any before/after shots in the dark. This is the hi-beam shining on the wall.

LED.JPG
LEDnew.JPG
newwall.JPG
Old.JPG
oldwall.JPG

Forgot to post this last week, but I went out with a couple friends to a coffee shop about 45 miles away for some good food, coffee, and yes PIE! (that is for Rapturee!)

Unfortunately, I only got pictures of the bikes! Ha The one in the middle is a 2003 Honda Shadow 750 and the one on the right is a 2006 Yamaha Road Star 1700.

bikes.jpg
bikes2.jpg

Curious about how well the led does at night!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

It's really nice. I love how bright it is. Not sure of the lumens, but it's 6000k temp. I'll probably need to lower the beam just a hair because the LED seems to be brighter up high more so than the regular bulb was.

It was a hot one today. I have been removing my cold weather layers. Tomorrow will be the first ride with the mesh jacket of the season. For those with snow today(Denver), it won't last forever:)

Made the swap over to an LED headlight. I bought a Sealight h4 LED from Amazon. Fits perfect and looks awesome! I like how much whiter the light is. It looks a little blue on the wall, but on the road it seems white. I got it done during the daylight, so I don't have any before/after shots in the dark. This is the hi-beam shining on the wall.

View attachment 38153
View attachment 38154
View attachment 38155
View attachment 38156
View attachment 38157
We have the same brand in my nc, my wife's Rebel, and our daily drivers. Been in for about a year. Issues have been...

1. One bulb started flickering in the car. My wife ordered new bulbs but never got around to the warranty. I did notice the drivers on the replacement were not the same as the first set we had. Updated design?

2. Yellow signs have a green tint because the bulbs are sightly blue. Yeah, personal preference but a cooler temps would be better.

Also, the electronic current driver is what usually fails on LED bulbs. I highly recommend using auxillary lights at night in case the headlight fails (haven't needed that myself).

It is nice the driver is separate from the bulb. Sure, it's more cable to tie up but things should run cooler and be more reliable.

Got my rebate Visa card from Bridgestone today. $60 back on a set of tires. It only took three weeks. I may have to go to Cabelas tomorrow.

JT

Just got back last night from my 9 day, 2600 mile trip down to 3 Step Hideaway in south east Utah(Moab area). Great ride over all, the NC performed flawlessly and glad to be home. I'll post more later. :{)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back