• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got back yesterday afternoon from a 1200 mile ride. I rode solo north and took the very scenic "International Selkirk Loop", then headed east from Cranbrook and rode some over in Alberta. Covered north Idaho and my first two Canadian Provinces BC and Alberta! I took over 250 pictures, so i'm still weeding through them! :{)

Hacienda Delux
Selkirk Loop Silverton BC camp at park.jpg

Welcome to BC
Selkirk Loop start port hill border crossing3.jpg

Worlds Biggest Truck! Sparwood BC
Selkirk Loop worlds largest truck2 sparwood bc.jpg

Welcome to Alberta
Selkirk Loop welcome to alberta sign.jpg

Absolutely nothing...the mid Ohio River valley is stuck in torrential downpours and thunderstorms...I saw fields flooded on the drive home from work I havent seen flooded in a decade...670cc, stay in Alaska as long as you can....this rain isnt going anywhere soon..at least another week of t-storms predicted every day.

Absolutely nothing...the mid Ohio River valley is stuck in torrential downpours and thunderstorms...I saw fields flooded on the drive home from work I havent seen flooded in a decade...670cc, stay in Alaska as long as you can....this rain isnt going anywhere soon..at least another week of t-storms predicted every day.

Someone local up here said it hasn’t rained in Dawson City, YT at all this year. That may be an exaggeration, but it’s predicted to be dry while we’re there later in the week. Right now it’s rainy in Haines/Skagway but I believe that’s typical. We had beautiful weather and scenery on the Haines highway yesterday. You get to gawking at the mountains then wake up when you notice a bear on the road up ahead.

Someone local up here said it hasn’t rained in Dawson City, YT at all this year. That may be an exaggeration, but it’s predicted to be dry while we’re there later in the week. Right now it’s rainy in Haines/Skagway but I believe that’s typical. We had beautiful weather and scenery on the Haines highway yesterday. You get to gawking at the mountains then wake up when you notice a bear on the road up ahead.
Sounds like a great time to me!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Nice pics! Must be cool to be able to dip in and out of Canada! How many miles do you have on your NC?

Yes it is indeed. I have just turned 12,370 coming home from work for lunch. I bought it last year in February from a college student who was graduating and no longer needed it to commute. He was the original owner who had bought it brand new in '12, and when i bought it from him last year he had only put 1,702 miles on it! ...and if that's not cool enough, i got it for $2,500 cash and a Kel-Tec 9mm i only had $100 into! :{P

On the 105 mile ride home it started snowing sideways on my son and i. I only made it 40 miles and was a popsicle. My son took over and of course had to show Dad up(we were to trade off again), he made it the remaining 65 miles haha!! Good times on the NC though. I really want to make it to 100k miles on the bike before i get another/newer NC. We'll see, at the rate i'm clicking the miles off it will be many years to make it ot 100k! I am so very pleased with it in every way. :{)

Anybody ever just stare at pics of their NC appreciating all the lines of it? I absolutely love looking at this unit. I think I may like this body style better than the new ones.

6482512f2eeb86178919f30075ab4961.jpg

Anybody ever just stare at pics of their NC appreciating all the lines of it? I absolutely love looking at this unit. I think I may like this body style better than the new ones.

6482512f2eeb86178919f30075ab4961.jpg

I'm not a fan of the new style version either. I could take the luggage strap holes on the lid to the frunk by all means - but the 2019 model is too angular and sharp edges. The 2013 shape is more graceful and flowy (I think I've invented a new word there: at least, my phone doesn't like the spelling 'flowy').
7e33b87d1910b6513ccc65a3cd1c8bd5.jpg

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

+1. I like the original NC700X body style better than the new one, but to each their own.

Thanks, guys. I've kinda of slacked off taking photos with the MCs in them lately, but it's nice to know they are appreciated : }

+1. I like the original NC700X body style better than the new one, but to each their own.

I really like the older one too, but the metallic red on my '18 is absolutely gorgeous! Incredible in the sun and I even get positive comments from strangers (not that I care about that). But I do like the black wheels of the older models and may get mine powder coated.

I really like the older one too, but the metallic red on my '18 is absolutely gorgeous! Incredible in the sun and I even get positive comments from strangers (not that I care about that). But I do like the black wheels of the older models and may get mine powder coated.

You might offer to trade your silver wheels for someone else’s black wheels, rather than paint yours. I have the black, but prefer the silver. I guess we want whatever we don’t have.

The red/silver on the 18's is definitely sexy! That's the bike I was gonna buy before finding my '13 silver one. No dealer around had one leftover from last year and I hate blue so the '19s were out of the question. Happy with my purchase though. Although I really wish I could have found a red one like Greenboys, man that is one sharp color combo. I have always had a thing for black and red.

Didn't realize how many black/red things I have had over the years til flipping through my photobucket account. This is crazy.

In no particular order in regards to time frame owned.

262db2efc51966d8b1de880a73f76ae3.jpg

85b453a24c30518012a60281c7f6afec.jpg

141794449873bb34bbb436beb9f6347f.jpg

cdc2ae7d1e8b1c431b0a56d7194ba073.jpg

34f8736027299fdddcbdb3601005cb10.jpg

f6ffe9e6b4da2984c8d53303a2e409e7.jpg

a5345476fb1e32fb642444fd8b7f9e91.jpg

26a99bbfcb96de3ff19a0db07b941d17.jpg

5596d1b6afa6f606668012bfc59f252b.jpg

96b1cd155ffccc0e9bbd6c3731dc248e.jpg

Last edited:
It was sunny and hardly a cloud in the sky when i rode to work today. I got off from work early today and as soon as i left work the heavens opened up!! Torrential Rain, hail and wind! Man i was completely soaked by the time i made it home haha. Strangely warm rain though...it was all good and i didn't even care! :{)

You might offer to trade your silver wheels for someone else’s black wheels, rather than paint yours.

Thanks, but I think I'll keep mine, they're only two weeks old. Changing the color isn't a high priority right now and I may end up with some other color anyway. They make powder coatings in some amazing colors these days; maybe a metallic gray to match the engine or metallic red like the paint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back