• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went for a ride this afternoon...

428745b4af941f1448aedb94cd528a98.jpg

https://m.calimoto.com/t/ovzhXtqIg5

Portland Bill, the other side of Weymouth, the scenic way around. 150 mile round trip on nice back roads - with tea and cake (well, I am British) at the lighthouse.

Bliss.

fd60eeb9d641c92b5aa5009169b6360c.jpg

d0e28e46d7bb80d39279e92b054b2844.jpg

ba482ae1b512cb4579be11b4f117682b.jpg

Last edited:
...and of course while i was out for the hours ride, i just had to stop off in Spokane at a family favorite and bring a box or two home with me!! :{P
View attachment 38491[/QUOTE]

THAT is not a piece of pie!! What the heck?
>T

Went for a group ride with my old riding school. Weather was cool. Wish the ride was a bit quicker as the butt gets tired in the 1 hour range. May have to actually spend my Amazon coupons on a seat... The wife came on the back like a good sport. Had lunch at a local biker joint. There was some biker gang thing going on. Lots of different patches with police officers taking pictures...dinner and a show :)

Not today...

Our Wednesday meeting at work was relocated to a local diner. After breakfast and the meeting, the waitress stopped and asked..

What are you wearing?

Motorcycle gear (sightly confused, I thought the helmet made it obvious)

Who makes it?

Motoport (pointing to the logo)

Can I touch it?

Umm, ok.

Ooo, it's nice.

Thanks.

That was probably the strangest conversation about my gear that I've ever had.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Installed ram mount balls on NC and the Nomad so I can quickly transfer the X Grip and arm between the two. Tomorrow morning, we ride. So ready.

7dc77208976201316fd5ea14a9b3ba44.jpg

fb0b5ca123cfb9d99b51b8c69b9bc476.jpg

474e2bc5f78100d1aeba7e9d3c2bde1d.jpg

c75b38fe7d1c561673fa889cec79235b.jpg

484407f084c875c06ce42fcd395dd757.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Was out running errands on the NC750x. Nice sunny and warm day. Somewhat humid. Weatherman said rain would come mid-to-late afternoon. Left the veterinary clinic with some meds at 12:30pm to head directly home. Sky to the west was getting dark but I thought the rain was still an hour or more away.

I was wrong.

Turned off the 4 lane a few minutes later onto the back roads. And then the buckets of rain started falling from the heavens. 5 minutes of downpour and I was at the garage door to my house. Wet. Very wet. I was wearing mesh gear. My waterproof riding gear was comfortably hanging in the closet inside.

Damn weatherman.

Seat concepts is a keeper.

Logged right at 250 HARD miles today trying to keep up with my buddy on his 160 hp Multistrada. The Multi is so badass. 3x the engine of the NC. I beat the guts out of it today running with him. He used to be a WERA racer, and currently owns a Ducati Panigale, a built Monster, and this Multistrada. He got away from me once or twice, but the NC done well in keeping up with him for the most part in the twisties.

Ran through Little River canyon, then backroads down to Mt Cheaha State Park. First time I been down there, wow was I missing out. Closest thing to a track that I have ever seen. Solid 50-75 mph sweepers that maintain a predictable arc, good smooth asphalt and fairly wide 2 lane. Man, it was fun and I am beat. The PR5's stick so well, had em tacky on the sides, such a great tire. Sure wish the NC had a little more pep tho, about 25 more hp would be plenty.

dc12bbbf47ed89e3e3c109f46d7cec55.jpg

Installed ram mount balls on NC and the Nomad so I can quickly transfer the X Grip and arm between the two. Tomorrow morning, we ride. So ready.

7dc77208976201316fd5ea14a9b3ba44.jpg

fb0b5ca123cfb9d99b51b8c69b9bc476.jpg

474e2bc5f78100d1aeba7e9d3c2bde1d.jpg

c75b38fe7d1c561673fa889cec79235b.jpg

484407f084c875c06ce42fcd395dd757.jpg

Kind of a nice change to see some CHROME once in a while on an NC Forum :cool:

Also forgot to mention my mishap at the gas station. We stopped at an old gas station with pumps without pay-at-the-pump option. I went in and asked her to turn the pump on, she said it was already on, went back out, pumped gas, buddy on the Multistrada didn't need gas, so I felt hurried, pumped my gas, closed it up, hopped on, and tore out. About 5 miles down the road I remembered not paying for it! And there was a Sheriff that had just pulled in the parking lot there before I left. So I turned around and sped back quickly, went in to pay, the Sheriff was over to the side eating, cashier yelled over to him "he came back to pay for the gas!" She said that'll be $6.66. I was like dang, should have pumped another penny! Crazy lol.

After he finished his sammich, dat ol deputy woulda been trackin’ dat devil rider down... :rolleyes:

After he finished his sammich, dat ol deputy woulda been trackin’ dat devil rider down... :rolleyes:
He would have had zero chance ever catching up to us. Lol. My buddy rides like a demon, never met anyone that rides like him. He is in a hurry to get to where he is going, could care less about scenery, or anything other than going as fast as possible within reason relative to speed limits. I was always the one outrunning everyone back in the day, now riding with him it's odd to be the one trying to keep up. He yields every stop sign, like he is in a race around every corner, just doesn't have a cruising bone in his body. He is the fastest rider I have ever rode with off the track. Impressive, really. I felt bad for the NC with the 6th to 4th drops to pass cars every 5-10 min, or accelerating uphill, its was rough on the old girl. I need to change the oil in it soon. Lol.

Now that's a proper looking brew, none of that washed out milky dishwater a lot of places try passing off as tea! But carrot cake and no Rich Tea or Hobnobs?!!! If you haven't seen it already look up Peter Kay's routine that includes those 2 biscuits!!

I went for a ride this afternoon...

fd60eeb9d641c92b5aa5009169b6360c.jpg

I don’t think the establishments on this side of the pond know how to do a proper tea. (Nor do I to be honest) But a strong cuppa joe would suit me just fine in its stead. Nice pic. Perfect pick-me-upper.

today, just rode to work and a little detour home haha. An 8 minute ride to work and 2 hours home(she always says "why-where did you go"...my reply, "for a ride)! :{P

With the torrential rain/thunder/lightning storms we've been having lately i decided to leave the NC at home and take the basketball van over to the Hidden Valley Ranch in western Montana for a friends wedding this past weekend. Also gave me a chance to finally use my own Rooftop Tent and boy howdy it didn't disappoint. A great time seeing friends again, great wedding/reception. I was able to pick my own place to camp and i stayed the night on their 480 acres! I chose a ridge they affectionately refer to as "Grandpa's Ridge", incredible scenery. When i awoke sunday morning i noticed a flock of about 12 turkeys that had fed through my camp and i just noticed them as they were on the other side leaving. :{)

I liked the RTT so much i'm already considering getting another one that is small enough for 1 man and fitting it to one of those HF trailers and attaching it to the NC for traveling around!! Just a thought, but seriously thinking about it!! :{)

early Sunday morning
Tepui at HVR in Montana.jpg

incredible views up there.
Tepui at HVR in Montana3.jpg

Last edited:
Used the NC to fetch my newly mounted rear tire for the ST1300 from the local motorcycle shop. Used ROK straps to tie it to the rear seat and rack. Worked like a charm.
I spooned the old PR4 GT off the rear rim, but try as I might, I couldn’t get the new Bridgestone on. Had to pay the shop to mount it.

JT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back