• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Used the NC to fetch my newly mounted rear tire for the ST1300 from the local motorcycle shop. Used ROK straps to tie it to the rear seat and rack. Worked like a charm.
I spooned the old PR4 GT off the rear rim, but try as I might, I couldn’t get the new Bridgestone on. Had to pay the shop to mount it.

JT

i don’t know about the Bridgestone, but I know that PR4s have very soft sidewalls, making them among the easiest tires to mount. Perhaps that’s why you got the old one off but not the new one on.

i don’t know about the Bridgestone, but I know that PR4s have very soft sidewalls, making them among the easiest tires to mount. Perhaps that’s why you got the old one off but not the new one on.

Hey Greg, you make it back from Alaska ok? Made me jealous while you were up there and I was stuck at work...

I finally got some things done to the bike yesterday.
Repaired frunk (although it was so convenient not having to use the key to open it!) and had them replace the air filter while all those parts were removed.
Oil and filter(s) change and then had them replace the crappy ceramic weights that had fallen off my rear wheel. Shops here in CA can't sell those older-style weights that clamp onto the rim because of the lead in them.

Went for a ride in Malibu, up Latigo Canyon to the top of The Snake, which is still closed after the big fire last year. I'd been wondering why I haven't been seeing any videos from rnickeymouse. Mulholland Drive is closed just past the Rock Store, but at least the bridge in Cornell is open with 1 lane.
Lots of incredible houses that I used to see are now gone. Just an empty foundation and burned stumps. Even the one that is surrounded by grape vines burned. Though the grapes are doing well!

Went back through Encinal Canyon and passed a group of about 10 riders going the other way. The roads that are open are doing pretty well, but there is still a lot of construction going on, both to the electrical lines as well as the few lucky properties that can be rebuilt.

Attachments

• zuma.jpg
    zuma.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 149
  • snake1.jpg
    snake1.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 151
  • latigo1.jpg
    latigo1.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 147
Rarely does it happen, but today I flogged it on a long straight with high visibility past a bunch up that just wouldn't go around a slow mover. Can't say I've every really needed or even wanted extra horses, but today I thought they would be nice to have on tap!! Of course I'm not sure that I'm willing to give up the highly reliable, efficient horse I have for that once every other year or so time I wish there was a turbo or nitro button!! That MV Agusta Turismo Veloce Lusso SCS with an automatic clutch would have been nice today!!

Rarely does it happen, but today I flogged it on a long straight with high visibility past a bunch up that just wouldn't go around a slow mover. Can't say I've every really needed or even wanted extra horses, but today I thought they would be nice to have on tap!! Of course I'm not sure that I'm willing to give up the highly reliable, efficient horse I have for that once every other year or so time I wish there was a turbo or nitro button!! That MV Agusta Turismo Veloce Lusso SCS with an automatic clutch would have been nice today!!

The VFR1200X DCT would be the answer to your needs, nearly 130 hp on tap in the form of a V4 would get you around anything as quickly as you need. I am really thinking about picking one up and selling the nc and my cruiser. They are so badass. Shaft drive too!

55bbe51aff9a13ea67aa0d3dd317f2a8.jpg

d70cf5fd36a0cb269a66cfd2ce0b5f96.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Man that VFR1200x is a nice bike and super cool that it has DCT available. Although, for that price i think i'll keep my NC. Even with me tipping the scales at 230lbs it has plenty of power for me. I've had it fully loaded with 9 days of camping gear and it can still pull high mountain passes(i have 2 in my area i regularly ride) at 65mph and it will even 2-up anytime i have the opportunity to bring a friend! :{)

Today, i had a Dr's appt over in Spokane Wa and despite the stormy weather/rain i rode the NC. Afterwards, yup you guessed it, i rode for some PIE!! I found a new spot to get some great, warm, fresh, homemade Strawberry/Rhubarb pie with homemade whipped cream on the side!! :{)

pie Rockwood Bakery spokane.jpg

Last edited:
I finished the repairs to my NC

Handlebars
Foot peg
Mirrors
Shifter assembly

The bars were a simple swap over, went smoother and easier then expected actually

Foot peg, just installed a new one

The replacement mirrors are some cheap things I got off Amazon, but they've got built in blinkers which is pretty cool, the one consistent complaint about cheap after market mirrors is the edge not being ground or having anything applied to stop glare at certain angles, I'm planning on applying a thin layer of black gasket sealant around the edge, hopefully that works

The most challenging part was the shifter assembly, it was bent on 3 places, bench vise and a monkey wrench strained it out in 10 min, the assembly was ripped off the rear mount and hanging from the transmission side

The rear mount was stripped out and oblong, I drilled it to round again, made my own heli coil by getting 2 nuts and grinding them round then pounding them into the aluminum hole. The steel mounting holly isn't a bolt it's very specifically for that part so I was luckily able to straighten the thread portion, it all buttoned up nicely and is working perfectly, I test rode it across town to get some tie straps from harbor freight [emoji16]
I'll post pics later

The mirrors with turn signals

I haven't ridden much with them so I'll hold of on an actual review or recommendation but the lights work well so that's cool
2793bc9689ac3149dd7c5cc799d3c704.jpg
6e54db7ad98b8459e4b28eaf66608297.jpg
d26b1f0a7bb3649223cf1e5b939b2eef.jpg
b0c37e43885bc6f55ec49181f6111b47.jpg
07c3fdfb576ba8fab87fdbad9eb084a2.jpg

Using the hazards to get the blinkers going, regular turn signals on the outside and 3 blue dots on the mirror itself to remind the rider your signal is on

Last edited:
Ok rippin, you have to link those mirrors or the name of them...how difficult were they to wire into the existing turn signals (or however you hooked them up).

In the cool morning, rode the NC to a Redbox to get a movie. It’s getting too hot midday to ride or work outside, so it’s a good time to retreat to the cool basement for an afternoon movie.
D23C899E-82EC-4B64-B33E-C8F31B269926.jpg

Once again I want to say I haven't ridden more than a mile or two so I'm not recommending these yet

OKSTNO Universal Motorcycle Indicator 10mm 8mm Rear View Side Mirrors Integrated LED Turn Signals Fit for Street Bikes Cruiser Scooters https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072PVGKMP/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_r0KfDb4RZJDX8

The writing was much simpler than expected actually, because I'm using the turn signal mirrors in addition to the stock turn signals and not as a replacement it's just hooking up the wires, the mirrors are led so very little draw but no hyper flash (although I'm not actually against that) because the original bulb type turn signals are still being used
a7dc5dc775d5b2797f1e965c1dbaa745.jpg
29e51687af67a3816c5ab95d342cbfbb.jpg

Each connector has 3 wires, 2 of them have an exposed metal connector and they are side by side. The green is ground and the wire next to that (orange on right side and blue on left) is for the flashing turn signal, I'm assuming the wire opposite is for the constant running light. The wiring for led is usually small (some times annoying so) but here that is helpful.
ba0df0c01d3f7cc5075da8a34dbf5700.jpg
c32503207aab91b74dc943c85c4228e9.jpg

Last edited:
Internet image but it's a better picture
b955d1335022be24392ce1c0d73c7fe0.jpg

I got the correct led wire, twisted the wire and inserted it in the correct terminal,
[emoji673] [emoji672]

I then bent it so it's laying down the length of the connector, [emoji673] [emoji673] and then simply plug it in, it requires more of a push to get it to click but it did for me at least

Last edited:
I finished the repairs to my NC

Handlebars
Foot peg
Mirrors
Shifter assembly

The bars were a simple swap over, went smoother and easier then expected actually

Foot peg, just installed a new one

The replacement mirrors are some cheap things I got off Amazon, but they've got built in blinkers which is pretty cool, the one consistent complaint about cheap after market mirrors is the edge not being ground or having anything applied to stop glare at certain angles, I'm planning on applying a thin layer of black gasket sealant around the edge, hopefully that works

The most challenging part was the shifter assembly, it was bent on 3 places, bench vise and a monkey wrench strained it out in 10 min, the assembly was ripped off the rear mount and hanging from the transmission side

The rear mount was stripped out and oblong, I drilled it to round again, made my own heli coil by getting 2 nuts and grinding them round then pounding them into the aluminum hole. The steel mounting holly isn't a bolt it's very specifically for that part so I was luckily able to straighten the thread portion, it all buttoned up nicely and is working perfectly, I test rode it across town to get some tie straps from harbor freight [emoji16]
I'll post pics later

Man I am so torn on the VFRX. I think I have talked myself out of it, and just waiting to see what Honda comes out with in the next year or two since discontinuing the VFRX. VFRX weighs a whopping 630ish lbs with DCT. Tires are 10 mm narrower both front and rear than the NC's. People talk about the weight of it often, like its not something flickable in the curves like the NC. I'd say handling barely surpasses power in terms of what matters most to me, so I may just stick with the NC. Maybe trade up to a 750x one day. Just for a little extra power.....but a few hp and tq doesn't seem worth the extra cost.

In the cool morning, rode the NC to a Redbox to get a movie. It’s getting too hot midday to ride or work outside, so it’s a good time to retreat to the cool basement for an afternoon movie.
View attachment 38546

Living the life! I hate the heat. Rode mine to work today, like riding into a hair dryer. Hit some sort of gigantic bug that blew guts all over the chin of my helmet and down on the shoulder of my jacket. Come on fall. No heat, bugs, or grass to mow.

Last edited:
Man I am so torn on the VFRX. I think I have talked myself out of it, and just waiting to see what Honda comes out with in the next year or two since discontinuing the VFRX. VFRX weighs a whopping 630ish lbs with DCT. Tires are 10 mm narrower both front and rear than the NC's. People talk about the weight of it often, like its not something flickable in the curves like the NC. I'd say handling barely surpasses power in terms of what matters most to me, so I may just stick with the NC. Maybe trade up to a 750x one day. Just for a little extra power.....but a few hp and tq doesn't seem worth the extra cost.

Living the life! I hate the heat. Rode mine to work today, like riding into a hair dryer. Hit some sort of gigantic bug that blew guts all over the chin of my helmet and down on the shoulder of my jacket. Come on fall. No heat, bugs, or grass to mow.

I've decided I'm buying they Feher air conditioned helmet but sense I'm not riding much this season I'm going to buy my gear when it's on sale and hold off on the helmet until next year, March or so.

When it's not like that it really sucks the fun out of riding

Last edited:
I've decided I'm buying they Feher air conditioned helmet but sense I'm not riding much this season I'm going to buy my gear when it's on sale and hold off on the helmet until next year, March or so

I was not aware they made an a/c helmet LOL. I'm sure that ain't cheap.

That Shoei GT-Air that I just bought has been great in the venting department. I am so happy with that helmet, so glad I dropped the coin on it. Still doesn't matter when it's 95 degree air blowing in the helmet, but it does a better job at venting and flowing air in than any other helmet I've ever had.

I was not aware they made an a/c helmet LOL. I'm sure that ain't cheap.

That Shoei GT-Air that I just bought has been great in the venting department. I am so happy with that helmet, so glad I dropped the coin on it. Still doesn't matter when it's 95 degree air blowing in the helmet, but it does a better job at venting and flowing air in than any other helmet I've ever had.
$600 currently, I was comfortable dropping $400 on a new helmet without ac, I'll save my money and drop a couple hundred extra for the one with ac later instead.

Rode the NC to work every day this week, glad today is over though. I still have to go in tomorrow for a few hours to finish up a job, then heading out for a ride after that!! :{)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back