• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made a great 345 mile solo ride today, had Chinese for lunch and made it home in time for supper haha! :{P

Lewiston Valley, Lewiston Idaho
Lewiston Deary Elk River and Santa loop4.jpg

Hell's Gate State Park, Lewiston Idaho
Lewiston Deary Elk River and Santa loop2.jpg

Elk River Idaho
Lewiston Deary Elk River and Santa loop.jpg

the greater metropolis of Santa Idaho
Lewiston Deary Elk River and Santa loop5.jpg

Sadly, no motorbike ...but I'm on the side of the pond where most of this forum live, celebrating Independence Day (or Traitors Day as we Brits call it) in Santa Barbara.

Anyone want to lend me their NC for the day tomorrow...?

a55bff72b2f9371956688ce622c6f6ce.jpg

d45e7e047d0dcf679bdc3d12529e7859.jpg

dd529e80c634d88962ab064134218bc8.jpg
I'm away from my NC celebrating the 4th as well, been missing the ole girl. Might have to stay a day or two longer next year and trailer it down here (Orange Beach, AL). Watched 2 amazing fireworks displays on the beach last night from the pool, hence no pictures of that, unfortunately.
8eaa820f4f63e8dfcdb1b5f6bbe0cee0.jpg

346001d57848962e98e1d91782482789.jpg

5e8fb09aa724c5fbd0d80fb7f26a5f30.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Sadly, no motorbike ...but I'm on the side of the pond where most of this forum live, celebrating Independence Day (or Traitors Day as we Brits call it) in Santa Barbara.

Anyone want to lend me their NC for the day tomorrow...?

a55bff72b2f9371956688ce622c6f6ce.jpg

d45e7e047d0dcf679bdc3d12529e7859.jpg

dd529e80c634d88962ab064134218bc8.jpg

Without reading your post I saw you were in Santa Barbara (trolley in background of photo), me too. Sorry, bike is all packed and ready for run to Alaska tomorrow. Good riding here, but lots of summer traffic.

So the ride yesterday showed me that there was entirely too much wear on the Conti-Motion to try and run i tout a few hundred more miles... So this morning, it came off and the new Shinko 120/70-17 Trail Master 705 went into service! Now to go scrub it a little on a short ride. :{)

new shinko 705 installed2 at 12922 miles on front July 7 2019.jpg

24f1690e42a9966291eca689eb85163d.jpg

Had the morning off so took a little trip. Wanted to get a pic with the NC in it but couldn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The short little "scrub in" ride for the new front tire ended up being 200 miles haha! I rode over to Wallace Idaho and took the Moon Pass(35 miles of dirt/rocks/tunnels) over to Avery Idaho, then zipped Black Lake up to Rose Lake/Interstate and home. Beautiful ride, Beautiful weather-not too hot yet at 90F. The "pair" of Trail Master 705's performed great today on mixed surfaces. Very pleased with them so far. I set the front at 36psi and the rear at 42psi respectively.

I stopped off at one of my fav PIE places to find that it had sold. The new owners that had taken over where not too concerned about stocking up on PIEs for their customers and ran out already for the day. I expressed my displeasure after riding 150 miles with anticipation of fresh homemade delicious PIE... and it seemed to fall on deaf ears. I had a burg/fries instead. Although it was hot/good eatin' it just wasn't PIE!! :{P

35 miles of gravel, rocks and tunnels
Avery moon pass ride8.jpg

The Sun had shown on just the hillside and literally illuminated it. Tough to catch with the iPhone6, but man it was spectacular.
Avery moon pass ride7.jpg

The original Jail/Holding Cell in Avery Idaho
Avery moon pass ride.jpg

Black Lake(one of several chain-lakes) along Idaho SH97
Avery moon pass ride black lake.jpg

Avery moon pass ride black lake2.jpg

Battery Replacement

My old battery was getting finicky. If I didn't ride every other day or so, or keep it on the trickle charger it wouldn't start the bike.

Knowing how dependent the DCT is on good battery voltage, I replaced it. The new battery saved a few pounds in weight* and is supposed to have a lower self discharge rate.
battery.jpg

* I looked it up and I saved 5.5 lbs and went from 210 cca to 300 cca, win/win

Last edited:
Lighting, thunder, hail and rain off in the distance.

We were riding toward it.

Home was between us the storm. We were miles to the East of home. Storm was west of our home.

ALMOST made it.

Last 4 miles were wet. Hail doesn't feel to good either. It was the last 4 miles of a 72 mile ride out to breakfast and back.

My old battery was getting finicky. If I didn't ride every other day or so, or keep it on the trickle charger it wouldn't start the bike.

Knowing how dependent the DCT is on good battery voltage, I replaced it. The new battery saved a few pounds in weight* and is supposed to have a lower self discharge rate.
View attachment 38585

* I looked it up and I saved 5.5 lbs and went from 210 cca to 300 cca, win/win

Does that new battery have those little square bolts that never line up and always fall out when trying to connect the terminals. I hate that about the stock battery

Does that new battery have those little square bolts that never line up and always fall out when trying to connect the terminals. I hate that about the stock battery

Even worse, I had to reuse the stock bolts since the new one didn't come with any...

210 miles today.

Me on my NC750x
My wife on her NC700x

We stopped about the 80 mile point to have lunch at a little bar/grill that was overlooking a scenic river. Continued after that riding away from our home. Then turned and basically made a 210 mile rectangle through rural northern Indiana. Some parts I'd never been to before in a car or on a bike. All on 2 lane rural roads and highways. It was great ride.

To me, riding and discovering new roads, sites, etc. is the great joy of motorcycling. Great that you have your best partner enjoying it with you.

Tested my rivet job on the chain...I rode 180 miles on it yesterday...Took off from the house and took country roads to IN39/IN56..I rode IN39 up to Brownstown Indiana, west on US 50 to IN135 and rode IN135 up to Nashville Indiana...IN135 is a nice, curvy road which you can mostly keep a fast pace unless you get behind old slow cagers, but if you know some of the country roads, you can leap frog them....hehehe...stopped in Nashville IN at the convenience store and drank a redpop and contemplating the ride home...didnt want to do the same road back home, but in this part of Indiana, not too many roads which are curvy...just took some country (no painted lines) roads back to Seymour IND..IN11 down to dudleytown and country roads over to Tampico and then IN39 back to Scottsburg area....checked the masterlink...still there...YEA!!!

State highways and County roads are my fav to ride. Much slower pace, plus you see a whole lot more. Good for you!! :{P

Today, i took the NC to work and after work i took her to the car wash and hosed her off from all of that dust/dirt riding i was doing the other day!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back