• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the evening to myself so i ran out the door with my jacket/helmet for an evening ride! Rode 180+ miles over to Ritzville Wa because i could haha! As i was passing through downtown Spokane Wa i noticed this old diner(its a small narrow long building, i should have gotten a better shot showing more of it) that had been converted to a physical therapy place...too bad. :{)

Odd things found milk bottle diner.JPG

I had the evening to myself so i ran out the door with my jacket/helmet for an evening ride! Rode 180+ miles over to Ritzville Wa because i could haha! As i was passing through downtown Spokane Wa i noticed this old diner(its a small narrow long building, i should have gotten a better shot showing more of it) that had been converted to a physical therapy place...too bad. :{)

View attachment 38599
My goal in life is to have as much free time to ride as you do!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Haha Taco-man! Yup, i am of the very firm belief that you should start doing those things you enjoy doing/want to do..."Right Now"! Do not wait until you get "older or Retire". Otherwise, life gets in the way and you will never "get-round-toit". I am semi-retired and only work 3-5 hours a day, sometimes i have to work 8-10 nut not often. Although my kids are older, i still have 5 at home. My older 2 at home both work jobs so that really only leaves the younger 3 and they are pretty busy doing their own stuff. My wife absolutely has no interest whatsoever of riding anymore or even pillion and hasn't for years.

At 54 however, I refuse to stop riding!! You just have to make time, so grab your wife, kid(s), friend(s) or even solo like i do most of the time and get out there and ride. Rever or RVparky are both great to use to plan/customize/share short or long trips, plan stops, gas, lodging etc. I have so many trips planned out already it will take me several years to complete just the ones i already have planned haha!

A few rides i have planned out: I want to ride up to Deadhorse Ak, Tuk Canada, Transcontinental Canadian hwy from Vancouver to NF, the circumference of the states hitting all 4 corners(roughly). There is a national monument that our Founding Fathers built over at 72 Allerton St, Plymouth Ma that i really want to see one day before i croak! I'm hoping to make that trip in 2021 when i hope to make the transcontinental Canadian trip on my way back from NF, i'll drop down the Right-Coast and see it. Yellowstone, Grand Tetons, Mt Rushmore, Chief Joseph Monument etc.

I try to post rides that i am going to take and meet up with guys/gals from here and the ADV site. It's been great to meet up with folks and visit a bit, get to know them and hear their stories. I enjoy that the most. See you on the road Tacoma!! :{)

Haha Taco-man! Yup, i am of the very firm belief that you should start doing those things you enjoy doing/want to do..."Right Now"! Do not wait until you get "older or Retire". Otherwise, life gets in the way and you will never "get-round-toit". I am semi-retired and only work 3-5 hours a day, sometimes i have to work 8-10 nut not often. Although my kids are older, i still have 5 at home. My older 2 at home both work jobs so that really only leaves the younger 3 and they are pretty busy doing their own stuff. My wife absolutely has no interest whatsoever of riding anymore or even pillion and hasn't for years.

At 54 however, I refuse to stop riding!! You just have to make time, so grab your wife, kid(s), friend(s) or even solo like i do most of the time and get out there and ride. Rever or RVparky are both great to use to plan/customize/share short or long trips, plan stops, gas, lodging etc. I have so many trips planned out already it will take me several years to complete just the ones i already have planned haha!

A few rides i have planned out: I want to ride up to Deadhorse Ak, Tuk Canada, Transcontinental Canadian hwy from Vancouver to NF, the circumference of the states hitting all 4 corners(roughly). There is a national monument that our Founding Fathers built over at 72 Allerton St, Plymouth Ma that i really want to see one day before i croak! I'm hoping to make that trip in 2021 when i hope to make the transcontinental Canadian trip on my way back from NF, i'll drop down the Right-Coast and see it. Yellowstone, Grand Tetons, Mt Rushmore, Chief Joseph Monument etc.

I try to post rides that i am going to take and meet up with guys/gals from here and the ADV site. It's been great to meet up with folks and visit a bit, get to know them and hear their stories. I enjoy that the most. See you on the road Tacoma!! :{)

I got banned last week a day or two after signing up on ADV forum. I was posting in a thread about guns with those illogical, unreasonable hippies over there, one in particular kept pushing my button so I told him it was unfortunate that he did not own a shotgun he could suck-start....and I got banned for that. Ban lifts next week but I probably won't revisit the site, unless it's to tell that guy to F-off one more time. LOL. Too many narcissistic wankers on that forum.

oh i see :{P

Back to our regularly scheduled program.. I simply rode the NC to work today. We've had a lot of high humidity lately not making the hot 85f days much fun to ride.

0fb78cac413af9d845a7790e97b20b3d.jpg

Almost finished plastidipping today. Have a little cleanup to do from some overspray. Had to redo the front fender because I wasn’t patient enough to let it cure before trying to reassemble..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I looked at mine.

I'm planning to install some LED running and turn lights to my side cases. So I was just studying the wiring and access points to try to figure out the best way to run the electrical out to the side cases. The LEDs are cheap Amazon units. They are 5" long flexible strips, 8 red LEDs and 9 amber. Surface mount. I bought some weather proof quick detach wiring connectors so I can remove the side cases if I choose to do so. But I generally keep them on so I can carry groceries or other necessities like dog food.

If it rains tomorrow afternoon I may start the project?

I also have to install chain oilers on both of the motorcycles. My oilers arrived today so that install might take priority over the lights? Guess it depends on my mood.

I rode to work and participated in the "Game of Tag". This afternoon i'll ride over to my treatment apt if the weather holds out, otherwise it'll be the car... :{P

PS... it held off and i had a great ride to downtown Spokane wa and back. :{)

Last edited:
I looked at mine.

I'm planning to install some LED running and turn lights to my side cases. So I was just studying the wiring and access points to try to figure out the best way to run the electrical out to the side cases. The LEDs are cheap Amazon units. They are 5" long flexible strips, 8 red LEDs and 9 amber. Surface mount. ...
So a follow up, did a bit of digging and found the wiring diagram for a 2016 NC750x. Mine is a 2018 model year, but figured it was probably the same. Then found another wiring diagram, in a different format, it confirmed the 2016 diagram's wire colors.

5 screws under the rear fender area removed and popped the access panel open to gain access to the wires.

Located the wires. Same colors as on the wiring diagram. So I figured the 2016 diagram was accurate for a 2018.

Tapped into the wires for my right side cargo box. The LEDs are 2 function, not 3 function so they can be used for either Red Brake -or- Red Running lights. Plus Amber Turn Signals. I opted for Running & Turn. Wires for the right box are not fully installed, I just "twisted" the ends to test. I tapped into the correct wires and the lights tested perfectly. They are fairly bright. Not even close to the brightness of the Denali LEDs on the front of the bike, but bright enough. Drilled a hole behind the reflector and ran a weatherproof 3 wire connector's wires through the freshly drilled hole (it was tight, needed pliers to pull it into the hole, but I will silicone it just to be safe).

I will have to install the other end of the weatherproof connector to the wires that will come from the LED unit, but that will be tomorrow. I have to go to the fencing club tonight and give some Saber lessons to some high school kids so the completion of my project is delayed. We are supposed to get storms tonight so I'll be taking a car anyway.

Then I will do the left box. But now that I know what the project involves it should (theoretically) take less time, less swearing and probably not involve too much bleeding.

So a follow up, did a bit of digging and found the wiring diagram for a 2016 NC750x. Then I will do the left box. But now that I know what the project involves it should (theoretically) take less time, less swearing and probably not involve too much bleeding.

You just never do a good job until you draw blood, so just get that out of the way first and then you are set for success haha! :{P

Track suit came in today, but it's a little too snug. Gotta exchange for one size bigger. Suit quality is good tho, much better than the Heine Gericke I had back in the day.

7721996a24e805da0eb8176a22cad316.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Finished the lighting project tonight. Much faster than expected, not much swearing, no blood and it all works!!!

Took a look at the front PR4 and it is getting close to the wear bars. Close to 22k km or 13.5 k miles. Will see if I can get another or move to the pr5.

Hey Potter, have you given any thought to attending the meeting over in Nakusp this weekend..? I was trying to make it but plans have changed and i won't be able to attend this year. I do have my sights set on it for next year though, looks like a good time. :{)

Nakusp

Thinking about getting these, please give a update once you’ve had time to test them out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've used three sets of the GT 1s and have been really happy with them. Only one set burned out before 10k miles and I did an overloaded, two up, two week tour on them.

I'm expecting nothing but good things from the GT2.

Got phtoobucket to accept images again.

Here are the lights on the bikes, finished the install last night. Can you see us now?

cd795b7d-4f60-4c35-badc-1214e19691c0-original.jpg

The Denali DRL white LEDs on the front are ridiculously bright lights, spread a wide beam 180 degrees and are easily visible from the side and the front. I love these. There are a lot of cheaper LEDs out there, I love these and recommend them for those who want to be SEEN by others. DENALI DRL Daytime Running Lights with Universal Offset Mounting Kit | Amber or White | TwistedThrottle.com

Cheap surface mount 2 function Amber/Red LEDs. I mounted these on the back side of my Hepco & Becker panniers. I wanted something that would not require me to drill holes in the boxes because the boxes are waterproof and didn't want to destroy the waterproof integrity of the boxes. They work. Not sure they will last very long, but at $12/pair I can afford to replace them. In any case they are on and hopefully will last for the duration of our upcoming trip. If they fail I'll look for a better set but they were what I could find and get quickly.
Amazon.com: Purishion 2x Universal Flexible LED Turn Signal Tail Brake License Plate Light Integrated for Motorcycle Bike ATV Car RV SUV, Brake/Running Tail Light(2Pack) (Amber Red): Automotive

My wife's Givi V35 side cases came with reflectors. I ordered a set of ADMORE lights and installed them behind the lenses on the V35 cases.
LEDV35-S-TS - AdMore Lighting Inc.

I also have a Custom Dynamics LED all-in-one license plate frame on mine. After installing it I was not impress. It's not very bright. No plans to add one of these to my wife's bike. I've seen HD's with this as the only rear light source. Can't recommend it. It might be legal. It is not noticeable. Not all LEDs are created equal. This is a well made unit but its just not bright enough to catch much attention.
Custom Dynamics LED All-In-One Flat License Plate Frame - RevZilla

Because the cargo boxes are removable I wanted the lights to have a quick connect system so the lights stay on the boxes. Used these. Electrical tape with heat shrink tube over the top to keep the connections dry.
Amazon.com: WESIRI 5Pairs 3 Core 3pin Black Pigtail Plastics Waterproof IP65 LED Connector for Male Female 40cm/Pair Applicable 0.75mm2 22mm Nut LED Lights: Home Improvement

Last edited:
A little late: on Sunday I rode the NC up to Nashville Indiana. Here is a little video out of Story towards Nashville:
[video=youtube;m24iKEMyTfQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m24iKEMyTfQ[/video]

Yesterday, decided it was too dang hot to do yard work after I got home from work (94'F at 7pm) so I took the NC out for a spin:
My neighborhood:
[video=youtube;9HspbaAVTS8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HspbaAVTS8[/video]

and my road home:
[video=youtube;GuQdyj-pzQ4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuQdyj-pzQ4[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back