• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took wheels and tires off and took them to my buddy's to mount and balance. I've gotta get me one of those No Mar MFG tire machines, that thing is sweet! Said he picked it up used on Craigslist for $350.

Anyways, Dunlop Q3+ tires are on and they look good! Need to take a quick trip and scrub em in now!

7b09cb922093b46fef0c1fce97cd67fc.jpg

ba9a80a93d6db54b480746ed70b42beb.jpg

9d8833838572931c6a27003ae90d24d7.jpg

90ab36d1389987982f8f019d09bd7ea0.jpg

319f36153318b102830f6c472359cf5f.jpg

dd337728328e3a63b55355b1e353dffc.jpg

9e5091a4a9d9c488074e4d77bbadea2d.jpg

b93fcebea798814f9f74ceb3fdc93785.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I went riding for a local 5 hour cruise on the Honda yesterday; no pictures but my cheap little video camera was on...wont bore you with all the videos, but here is one from my local area...
[video=youtube;vV58RKVsPNM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vV58RKVsPNM&t=45s[/video]

Meandered back highways/country roads up to Spencer Indiana and back..
one close call on hwy 58 (east of Norman Station). I took curve a little hot and truck/trailer was taking both sides of center (about 13 seconds into the video):
[video=youtube;5e0fztesBxQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5e0fztesBxQ&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Last edited:
467a4104f5c557acb1c90c6e159dd42c.jpg
7917c583963848b3f10ad5cfd5c52ca2.jpg

I got the side cases in a few days ago. I now have the capacity to travel with everything locked up. Went for a long ride yesterday with a little weight to see how it felt. It was great,except for needing new break pads on the front. I will get those done today or tomorrow.

Next week I’m planning a camping trip to go explore the eastern Oregon twisties!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rode up to the Tail of the Dragon and Cherohala on Friday and came back Saturday. Been there done that, got the decal. The Dragon was too busy to enjoy. Stayed in the Deals Gap Motorcycle Resort. It was "modest" accommodations and decent food. There were a lot of bikes during the day and noisy but it quieted down by dinner time.
I really enjoyed the rides up and back on North Carolina mountain roads: parts of highway 28 (Moonshiner 28) and Wayah Road were great.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

I meant to include a few pictures.
59861f1e53f25949237b32169d123108.jpg
24ee800388303f35b5f698ba18b1bb67.jpg
5786582e226af84b98d7f2a33e09351a.jpg
df1743b1357dd202a8af6909c4b1558a.jpg

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Have you ridden from the resort to Fontana Dam? Very cool place and pretty fun road there too. I want to ride the foothills parkway further up on that new part they recently opened. Saw some pics, looks like a beautiful ride up that way.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I rode out to the north fork of the Cd'A river, one of my favorite rides and mileage test track. Camped Thur-Sat with a couple of my kids, picked Huckleberrys, ate lots of camping food, made Smores, played in the trickling river(it's pretty shallow 50 miles up stream). Had a blast with the kids and even made a run over to Pritchard for a few extra bags of ice. The clerk looked at me funny like, "and just where are you going to carry all of those bags of ice on that MC mister!?" I had purposely unloaded my top box which easily fit 3 of the 4 bags and i tied the 4th one onto Dale's rack and made the 25 mile trip back to camp! I should have gotten a picture of that, but i didn't. Great time with the kids though! :{)

Spent some of the time trying to plan out a couple of more rides for this season. Vancouver Island, Bear Tooth & Chief Joseph hwys and Yellowstone are all on the schedule before the snow flys this year! Now let's see what i can fit in haha... :{)

Woke up and 'needed' milk for my coffee and breakfast. Figured I'd take the NC for the 5 minute round-trip. Got back an hour and a half later and had lunch.

Rode out to my buddy's after work and installed an over-stove microwave for him, cut holes in the walls and piped it outside to exhaust the fan properly. Time spent with buddy, great! Also got him logged on to the site here. As soon as he posts on the new member thread be sure to welcome him. "WildCat4f" is his name. :{)

After being out of the country on vacation last week, I picked the bike up from the dealer last night. 16k mile service complete, and new PR5 shoes installed (10.5k miles on the PR4's). Felt like a different bike when I pulled out! Time to scrub those tyres in!! They also gave it a quite thorough bath!!

Rode it to work today. First time riding it in two weeks.
I put 4K miles on the ST1300 over the last two weeks between upper Michigan and Oklahoma and I’m surprised how easily I transitioned back to the NC. By the time I turned out of my neighborhood I felt at home.
It usually takes more time/miles to transition the other way.

JT

Got a text from my Combat Vet buddy and he took off moto-camping with his NC this morning!! OoohRah, glad to hear that WildCat4f is having some good days and is out and about on his NC!
:{)

Checked the oil. Still full. 3000 miles on Honda GN4 10W-30 and it looks like it just came out of the bottle!

Honda sure made a nice motor.

JT

Checked the oil. Still full. 3000 miles on Honda GN4 10W-30 and it looks like it just came out of the bottle!

Honda sure made a nice motor.

JT

Ditto. I feel guilty that I’ve gotten lazy and stopped checking the oil level altogether. I’ve never needed to add oil between 8000 mile changes. Same way with the Goldwing - did 9000 miles on the oil and the level was still good. I guess I got bored with checking the NC oil level and I’ve pretty much forgotten about it.

Almost like checking the valves - mine haven’t moved appreciably in three checks over 24k. I think I’m probably done checking unless the bike starts to misbehave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Almost like checking the valves - mine haven’t moved appreciably in three checks over 24k. I think I’m probably done checking unless the bike starts to misbehave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yep, got lazy with the nc700...dont check the oil level between changes..now with 54,000 miles, it has always been full when changing the oil...great motor... the valves has never needed adjusted-need to check them soon, 9000 miles since last check...but motor sounds good, runs good.....now my 2007 C50 Boulevard...I have to add oil between oil changes (about an ounce or so every 500 miles-no leaks, it just uses oil): on the 2007 C50 Boulevard, I went from 28,000 miles to 93,000+ miles before I checked the valves-and they were still within specs (they have never needed adjusted) and the bike now has over 97,000 miles-it is in the parking lot at work now).

Used the frunk as a vegetable hauler. Father-in-law’s garden is kicking into high gear.

Grilled some yellow squash with Parmesan cheese and a T-bone for dinner.
Yum!

JT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back