• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ordered some large Tusk panniers today.
I considered the medium size, but then I wanted to be able to put a riding jacket in the case so I got the large.

JT

Same here. I’m hoping that by mid September, motorcycle riding season can resume.

I rode my Nomad around 350 miles this weekend. No gear and a novelty half helmet. (Won't do any good to give me grief for not wearing gear, I am well aware of its value lol). Wasn't as humid here over the weekend, which helped a little, but on the way home Sunday with the wife on back, the gas tank was so hot where my leg is up against it while my foot is kicked out on the highway peg, it burnt my leg. I could feel it getting hot, but it ended up leaving a large red mark on my leg for a day or so after.

Like my buddy says "It's like riding into a hair dryer out here."

512e574424c6b520ba9ebf8c1bc95458.jpg

12b7f6423aabfed344dfb3e14362b662.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Rode to work, rode home. haha, too hot/humid today for a longer ride. I may wait until later when it starts cooling off and take a ride this evening... :{P

Ride to work. About 80°. About to ride home and it's 97°... Not going to enjoy those stop lights.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Rode to work on the nc700x yesterday (and today)...Heat index was way over 100'F and the superslab was a frigging sauna...I got home 3 minutes before the rain hit from those thunderstorms which went thru the midwest yesterday...but riding in 60mph crosswinds the last 8 miles on curvy, hilly roads was a bear!!!! Air temp was 98'f when I got off the superslab and 8 miles later at my house the air temp was 79'F...no wonder thunderstorms....the old c50 Boulevard is out of action for a few days---right rear turn signal stalk was dangling...the stalk is held on my a threaded, hollow bolt with a nut on the inside of the light assembly holding it in place, and the threads are stripped...dont know how much $$$ or time I want to spend on a 12 year old bike with 98,000+ miles which most riders on the volusia site considers a throw away bike anyways...the wires are threaded thru the bolt and soldered inside the turn signal light assembly...either buy a whole new assembly, and learn how to wire or solder or cut and connect wires.....hmmm...bolt still goes thru the light assembly hole...may be JBWeld time (for boats-water resistant)....to hold the bolt/stalk in place....this is actually my most of the time 76 mile round trip commute bike...

Ordered some large Tusk panniers today.
I considered the medium size, but then I wanted to be able to put a riding jacket in the case so I got the large.

JT

I like the tusks. I have the medium boxes. Just take your time mounting them. Make sure you mount the exhaust side first. This is to ensure you get an even height on both of them. What racks are you mounting to?

last few weeks, most I have ridden was back and forth to work a few times... really tired of the temps lately. Rode in today, as the president is visiting downtown, and the traffic patterns are blown all to hell. Wanted an easy way out. May rain on the way home, but I have my rain gear all ready. Just in case.

I like the tusks. I have the medium boxes. Just take your time mounting them. Make sure you mount the exhaust side first. This is to ensure you get an even height on both of them. What racks are you mounting to?

I have the SW-Motech quick lock racks. They seem pretty strong.
I’m thinking of using the ‘puck’ mounting method.
Either that or bolt them solid right to the racks (since the racks are easily removed by un-doing the quick lock fasteners.

JT

the old c50 Boulevard is out of action for a few days---right rear turn signal stalk was dangling...the stalk is held on my a threaded, hollow bolt with a nut on the inside of the light assembly holding it in place, and the threads are stripped...dont know how much $$$ or time I want to spend on a 12 year old bike with 98,000+ miles which most riders on the volusia site considers a throw away bike anyways...the wires are threaded thru the bolt and soldered inside the turn signal light assembly...either buy a whole new assembly, and learn how to wire or solder or cut and connect wires.....hmmm...bolt still goes thru the light assembly hole...may be JBWeld time (for boats-water resistant)....to hold the bolt/stalk in place....this is actually my most of the time 76 mile round trip commute bike...

I fixed my turn signal with JB Weld. Still solid 3 years later :)

I fixed my turn signal with JB Weld. Still solid 3 years later :)

Thanks for the info potter....I JBWelded the stalk on yesterday-held it in place until it slightly stiffened, bungee corded and put a brace up against it overnight...Seemed solid this morning but couldnt ride; t-storms like crazy this morning and I dont ride in lightening....I know it is a cheapo fix, but the bike has over 98,000 miles, has no re-sale value and no trade-in value...I am going to ride it until it completely stops...since it is my main commute bike, I could chop it up to make it a 'cafe' bike...hehehe.

Cant win for losing sometimes...just when I was getting used to my smaller zero gravity windshield on the NC700x.. on the ride home yesterday, thru a really curvy section of hwy IN160, I passed a rock hauler going the other way, a big chunk of rock came out of his hauler and hit my windshield in lower left corner and CRACK!!!! a big crack over the bottom half of the windshield and bottom left corner from the bottom bolt hole broke off....arghhh...as I told the wife, better the windshield than my head (a little higher and it could have came over the windshield and hit my helmet in the face....I put my old CeeBailey windshield on (it has a small one inch crack but isnt too noticeable) until I decide how many $$$ I want to spend on another windshield...I would like to have another CeeBailey, but alas, CeeBailey doesnt make motorcycle windshields anymore... (dont want a Mastad)....... now, 2 broken windshields on 2 different bikes within 2 months....jeesh... (still got my stock honda windscreen to put on if necessary but that thing is almost useless).

Edit: may go with the parabellum...similar in size, shape, and price to the former CeeBailey's...

Last edited:
I got some Fog lights installed

4112556521697912642efd8acee00cb5.jpg

ec36dd14b9544596b1fbc73b19b168e6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NICE!!!... I didnt even think about installing mine at that location (put mine on the front forks where the reflectors were located)...I wonder how much I would be noticed with an additional set installed....total of 5 lights (headlight and 4 of these running lights)....

I like the Acerbis hand guards with integrated led lights. They create a noticeable triangle with the headlight and the amber running lights.
e08c0a4838de6c268a7f61778e2f0e43.jpg

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

I like the Acerbis hand guards with integrated led lights. They create a noticeable triangle with the headlight and the amber running lights.
e08c0a4838de6c268a7f61778e2f0e43.jpg

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

I have the Kobra handguards and also added their LED inserts. Set them up as both DRL and flashing indicators. Along with some lights on the engine guard and some smaller yellow ones at the hub you would think people would see me coming. Twice this month I've had people pull across in front of me. One I thought I was going to hit, it was that close; the other I was on the horn as they pulled out from side road across my path and then went in the opposite direction to me. These were both in a rural area with no cars behind me at the time, during the day, and no other traffic to distract. No excuse other than drivers only looking for cars/ trucks and not paying attention to bikes.

20171106_065401-web.jpg

I have Acerbis handguards, and light strips for them, but the lights are 2 wire so I'd have to decide whether to a) wire them up as running only b) wire them up as turn only c) add some electronics to run them as turn signals (either at full or reduced brightness)

I'd considered, once I do that, putting lights on in place of the stock turn signals.

Fixed a flat rear tire this morning. Grrrr. Second one on this tire. Rusty piece of a drill bit. At least it didn’t go flat out on the road - garage was reasonably cool this morning. Still loving the PR5’s and this set still has several thousand miles left in them. Just need the HOT summer to come to a close so I can get busy and wear them out properly.:rolleyes:

Unfortunately nothing done to/with NC lately. NC was stuck in Canada while I was down in Cuba. Rented a different "adventure bike" and, as the photos show, opted for the off-road package and performance exhaust. Good times.

4df4f5ad7839f0ceb7a333dcbf0271cc.jpg

123abf43816ab459b2e4a711336ed791.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back