• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I installed a brand new Yausa battery and left on the tender overnight to check the DCT issue i am having - well i still have the problem.

The temps went from 57 to 29 deg but i rode around the block anyway to check the dash. At least i got my Givi luggage racks mounted and my homemade center stand stop is functioning so far!

I installed a brand new Yausa battery and left on the tender overnight to check the DCT issue i am having - well i still have the problem.

The temps went from 57 to 29 deg but i rode around the block anyway to check the dash. At least i got my Givi luggage racks mounted and my homemade center stand stop is functioning so far!

I'm up from FL in Marysville right now helping a friend with some house projects. First time I've seen that snow stuff in 4 years. Glad I'm out of NYC.

From what I've here regarding the DTC is that they are generally reliable, but when there are problems there aren't many people (including dealerships) that know them well enough to reliably diagnose what's wrong with them. The general course of action is chase down battery issues and then start reading chicken entrails.

Sunset!

Tonight, I took the long way home - I'm loving the fact that as each day passes, the amount of natural light increases for my commute to and from work :)

WL13ZLU_HondaNC700X-Forest06.jpg

20190111-NewForest.jpg

I purchased my NC about this time of year in 2015. I wonder if I should go ahead are replace the battery prior to riding season.
On previous bikes, I did that every three years regardless of need.
I have a DCT and carry a power supply just in case.

I bought my 2015 new on August 31 2015, and the battery just failed a month ago. Dropped a new one in and all is well. Bought the Mighty Max Battery YTZ14S 12v 11.2Ah 230CCA Battery from amazon for $45 prime delivered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Batteries - I wound up with 2 batteries (for troubleshooting) and I would like to unload 1 from this bike. It was off the shelf at the stealership and Yausa phone rep said it was 'activated' 3/2017. For reference i got one at SummitRacing and its 'activated' date was 1/2018. I imagine their sales volume is much higher.

Anyway I cant really return or sell the new one cause i work there :) and that is my contract for getting goods at cost. If anyone is interested in a half price deal or less on the first battery, or has comments on that battery holler. I kept the emails from Yausa

I installed Puig windscreen, Givi handguards (windguards lol) and loaded bike onto trailer to drop off at the dealer

Last edited:
Batteries - I wound up with 2 batteries (for troubleshooting) and I would like to unload 1 from this bike. It was off the shelf at the stealership and Yausa phone rep said it was 'activated' 3/2017. For reference i got one at SummitRacing and its 'activated' date was 1/2018. I imagine their sales volume is much higher.

Anyway I cant really return or sell the new one cause i work there :) and that is my contract for getting goods at cost. If anyone is interested in a half price deal or less on the first battery, or has comments on that battery holler. I kept the emails from Yausa

I installed Puig windscreen, Givi handguards (windguards lol) and loaded bike onto trailer to drop off at the dealer

I’m definitely interested in the battery, preferably the newer one, if it’s a Yuasa YTZ12S. I’ll need to proactively replace 8 year old one in my wife’s scooter this spring. Please PM me details on what you want for it.

I purchased my NC about this time of year in 2015. I wonder if I should go ahead are replace the battery prior to riding season.

Have it tested. I can't remember what it's called. A load test maybe? They'll be able to tell you how well the battery is holding up.
Not sure just replacing a battery because it's 4 years old is necessary. I've had batteries last over 6 years, but I ride all the time. Never used a trickle charger either. But then I never had a bike that displays the time 24/7, like my 2016 DCT.

Your own past experience with batteries should dictate the need for a proactive replacement on a 4 year old battery. As I've stated here many times, 8 years is my expectation for battery life, but climate, usage, and maintenance habits are key factors in battery life. My NC battery is now 6.5 years old and holding up well.

You could also check open circuit voltage, and/or do a load test to judge your battery's condition.

Last edited:

Bought mine same time (Dec 31, 2014) and replaced the battery when it would not start. Had it checked, and it was dead. I did that back in October. Got 28,000 miles out of it. Worth it in my opinion. I would at least get it tested, see what is left.

Rode to work four days this week. Our low was in the 40s (Fahrenheit) all four days so it wasn't too bad. I just wish that I didn't have long days every day this week and could have rode home in the nice upper 60s afternoons instead of the 50s when the sun went down.

On the upside I came home so late on Thursday that I finally had a clear road to open it up a bit. I got to 98 before I backed off again. I was surprised that it seemed to drop off so quick over 95 since it will hit 90 so fast. It's not really a problem for me since it's rare that I even have a chance to open it up and that's not why I ride it anyway. I guess that it just shows how good this bike is as a commuter bike. It gets up to freeway speeds quickly but not too much past that, showing the benefit of it's low end torque.

went on a ~350mi ride yesterday

wg6qY1p.jpg

It was warm enough to work in the garage, so I did a couple of tasks that had been waiting.
I also made an appointment to get the sprockets and chain replaced, as the parts I ordered from Sprocket Center came in.

1. I replaced the battery. 2015 DCT. It gets hot here, which is hard on batteries. There were no signs of failure, but I would rather not wait for it. It was more effort than I thought. I have both an SAE addon for a battery tender and a coaxial for heated gear.
The problem was that the OEM had threaded posts and the new one did not. I did not realize this until I was installing it. The new battery came with a nut, but how to hold it in there while you tighten the screw? You can’t reach in there with the battery where it needs to be and the main attachment points don’t have long cables. I used some tape to pull the nuts into place from behind, which worked but required moderate profanity.

2. I also replaced the highway pegs I had, which were jury rigged to say the least. I used the same ones I attached to the tip over bars on my Goldwing from Twisted Throttle. I put them higher and more forward than the old ones. Here you can see both. The old ones were attached to the skid plate. These are attached to the crash bars.

C47B5F19-E4B7-458E-8DF9-678303E43819.jpg

P.S. The stains on the concrete are from the iron in our water, not motorcycle rust.
P.p.s. First time using the JIS screwdriver set much. Took out a moderately rounded screw with no trouble.

Last edited:
Called the dealer because on this 2014 with 0 miles now the dash reads 'DS' and the letters do not go away if changed to and from D or S or even in Manual mode

Installed the Centerstand and Battery tender quick connect. Also ordered a touring windscreen.
The service manual in section 12-85 reads that if D S is showing the transmission needs to have the Clutch Initialize Learning procedure performed. Try it and see if it works.

https://www.nc700-forum.com/forum/n...ibration.html?highlight=clutch+initialization

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back