• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went exploring in BFE today. While running down a previously unridden gravel road, I noticed that I was in reserve. Had no idea how long I'd been in reserve or where the nearest gas was from my position. (wasn't even sure what my position was) I could not remember if it counted up or down. Quite a panic at 0,0. When it flipped to .1, I felt much relief.

Still had a great little ride.

~160mi today.

Normally there's a beautiful view here. Instead, it was 38 and rainy. I was very glad for my heated grips, but wish my Aerostich didn't leak at the crotch.

iALSGgA.jpg

there was a decent water crossing too.

9kcJb97.jpg

Went exploring in BFE today. While running down a previously unridden gravel road, I noticed that I was in reserve. Had no idea how long I'd been in reserve or where the nearest gas was from my position. (wasn't even sure what my position was) I could not remember if it counted up or down. Quite a panic at 0,0. When it flipped to .1, I felt much relief.

Still had a great little ride.

The reserve countdown resets itself whenever you go up a hill and the fuel sloshes back on the gauge and registers two bars. Then when the bike is level, it registers one bar again and starts counting again from 0.0.

JT

I was tempted today to go for a ride, but seeing your bike covered in salt is an affirmation for me to leave it in the garage. I hope you have a hose handy to spray that salt off.

JT

Not salt, its the dirt they use on my gravel road, it's kind of like baseball diamond dirt with gravel added(They put a few inches of it down last spring). But yes, I fired up the power washer and gave her a good cleaning after.

The reserve countdown resets itself whenever you go up a hill and the fuel sloshes back on the gauge and registers two bars. Then when the bike is level, it registers one bar again and starts counting again from 0.0.

JT

I hate that, wish the computer knew when it started blinking and wouldn't let it go back to 2 bars until you fill up.

The driveway ice melted, so I saw an opportunity to go riding. Which bike should I get dirty? I chose the NC.

99A1045C-4D7A-4666-A176-A1042817088E.jpg

I made a trip to the local lake to see how much was frozen. Every other lake is frozen over, but this one is heated by a nuclear power plant. Still, there was more ice than I expected. Some people I know water ski every month of the year, and have done so for over 200 months, regardless of the cold. They skied just before I got there. They had pictures of them shoveling snow off the boat ramp.

898DBBCE-ADCA-4DB6-BDFB-E0D5E935F112.jpg

After the ride, the NC got a quick wash to remove road salt.

Last edited:
In 72 hours, our temps went from -22'F windchill to a high of 67'F..I did a little chain maintenance on the NC700x and then took my old girl (2007 C50 Boulevard) out for a 3 hour cruise....rode over to Madison Indiana, crossed the river, took US42 to Marklan dam, crossed back over to Indiana and rode IN156/56 back home...Beautiful outside and got some of the cobwebs off the bike and out of my bike riding soul....rain forecast rest of the week (3" to 4") of the wet stuff...not needed, ground is saturated with all the melted stuff the past few days....

In 72 hours, our temps went from -22'F windchill to a high of 67'F..I did a little chain maintenance on the NC700x and then took my old girl (2007 C50 Boulevard) out for a 3 hour cruise....rode over to Madison Indiana, crossed the river, took US42 to Marklan dam, crossed back over to Indiana and rode IN156/56 back home...Beautiful outside and got some of the cobwebs off the bike and out of my bike riding soul....rain forecast rest of the week (3" to 4") of the wet stuff...not needed, ground is saturated with all the melted stuff the past few days....

we must have swapped weather, we went from warm to snow overnight. I tried to convince myself to finish my 32k service but my garage isn't heated. The valves will have to wait a few more days. Getting snowed on during my oil change was more than enough cold wrenching for me
Shared album - Catte Whiskers - Google Photos

I have an '05 C50 'Boulevard', pretty decent bike! My first one

Got sorta famous on Sunday. Was out riding, filming, and had someone in a suv run a stop sign and force me into the other lane. Luckily I had room, and saw it coming, but I made it into a Moto Madness compilation. Also, soon to be Moto Stars as well (they contacted me to use.) Pretty cool on the video front, but a harsh reminder that we remain invisible to the general public.

My video:
[video=youtube;PBjpm9KqcLw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBjpm9KqcLw[/video]

Moto Madness (time stamp 0:38)
[video=youtube;s7RSCMr3bo8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7RSCMr3bo8&t=38s[/video]

Got sorta famous on Sunday. Was out riding, filming, and had someone in a suv run a stop sign and force me into the other lane. Luckily I had room, and saw it coming, but I made it into a Moto Madness compilation. Also, soon to be Moto Stars as well (they contacted me to use.) Pretty cool on the video front, but a harsh reminder that we remain invisible to the general public.

My video:
[video=youtube;PBjpm9KqcLw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBjpm9KqcLw[/video]

Moto Madness (time stamp 0:38)
[video=youtube;s7RSCMr3bo8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7RSCMr3bo8&t=38s[/video]

Yep, had a couple over in the Madison area on Sunday pull that crap. Too much in a hurry, dont come to a complete stop, barely look left and out they go.... Glad you are ok Brad....

I have actually been playing a game with channels like Moto Madness and Moto Stars - "Guess the Idiot". While I do not condone the illegal acts (just stupid) they show, it does give a good guessing game of which car is going to be the one pulling out in front or merging without signal. Makes for great fun, and actual useful training. I knew the SUV was going to swing out, and I sped up to give myself some distance from the car in the left lane, where I had to swerve to.

60'F yesterday; this morning wind chill of 10'F and puffs of snow occasionally...

Enough to make me want to move to better climes... I just want it to pick a season and stay there until it runs its course. Lets go ahead and get Winter over with so we can move into a proper spring.

Temps were mid 40's this morning, went out mainly to test some base layers. After about half an hour, realized I needed more. It was about to start raining so I wasn't out long but it was nice to get for a little while at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back