• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I put a lot of stuff in my Amazon wish list for future purchase. This morning I took a peek at it and noticed motorcycle oil was a screaming deal.
6 quart case of Castrol ActEvo 10W-30 for $9.95 (only 1 left)! I purchased this exact item last fall for $36 and yes I received 6 quarts. Ten minutes after I bought it the price jumped up to $38.

9348fe09c027db3c0072950209e88f02.jpg

I haven’t heard anything negative about this oil. It is pretty hard to find 10W-30 motorcycle oil around here other than mail order. At less than $2 a quart I couldn’t pass it up.

JT

New toy has arrived

Rode it home from the dealers. Only a few km but I want to fit the radiator guard and fender extender before I take it out on the gravel/rock infested roads around here. Wouldn't want a stone through the radiator because I couldn't be bothered. I did take a picture but the upload failed so I guess you will just have to trust me while i learn how to post pictures.20190305_142744 resized.jpg

See not too old to learn new tricks.

Last edited:
It's been below freezing the last two days but the trusty NC has got me to work just fine. I'm so glad to have a fuel injected bike during these colder months it makes such a difference.

I just order a givi engine guard and a radiator guard. Fingers crossed they get here before Friday when I head out to Goliad county.

Just an update since the above post. It is now fitted with a Pyramid fender extenda, R & G rad guard and an Ultimate Addons phone case and handlebar attachment. Tomorrow weather permitting is play day.

Installed the GIVI #ES1111 sidestand foot. Perfect fit. Nice and snug. Used loctite on the screws.
This looks like the ticket to keep it from sinking into soft dirt or gravel! It looks like the foot is about 3X the surface area of the stock sidestand.
1940579a43b1c5e1b7589866f245c59d.jpg

Also installed the SW-Motech soft luggage adapter plate. Had to remove the ALU-Rack and install the 1/4 turn recepticals on the underside. Then bolt it back onto the rack arms.
The luggage plate snaps on with three 1/4 turn fasteners. They provided rubber washers to go between the rack and the plate to protect the paint from scratches.
There is some flex in the plate as it is basically a sheet of thin aluminum, but it looks durable for its intended use.

Next: I need to figure out the Pros vs Cons of removing vs using the Honda bar inserts before I start installing the Barkbusters hand guards.

JT

I too installed the GIVI sidestand extender, but the NC700S sidestand (lowered bike a little) does not fit very well due to the placement of the welds

Today, my wife Sam and I took ourselves off to Fordingbridge for a coffee via some twisty roads through the New Forest - and then the long way home with a stop at Milford on Sea for chips by the breezy sea.

image (1).jpg

Don't tell my mum, who doesn't like my having a motorbike (I think I'm allowed, now I've reached 40 though) - but we reached 77mph at one point coming back from Ringwood to Bournemouth, so the app I have on my phone tells me (https://m.calimoto.com/t/PDqrJRYD03).

image.jpg

Purchased a couple of Shinko 705's this week. Had the dealer mount the tires, I put the wheels on the bike. What a PITA. If I ever have to do that in the field, I might set it on fire and leave it. I've done this several times and still cannot do it smoothly without profanity.

2019030914051397-IMG_0350-XL.jpg

2019030914124670-IMG_0353-XL.jpg

2019030914130440-IMG_0352-XL.jpg

Nothing. Notice that this chart is in miles per hour. 50 mph = 80 kph.D60403C2-3E47-455B-9F2D-BF5DFBF4D6EF.jpg

Last edited:
Used it as a tool tray to put Happy Trail Pannier racks on my Africa twin. The weather is suppose to be nice enough to ride tomorrow. But my road will be so muddy that NC will probably be what I ride. The younger, taller, prettier virgin younger sister will probably stay at home, i gotta break her in a bit before i ride her hard and put her away wet.

Went out for a bit today, just to blow the dust off. Wanted to stay out longer, until I realized the time changed, and I lost an hour from what I thought I had. damn grown up stuff getting in the way.

Went out for a bit today, just to blow the dust off. Wanted to stay out longer, until I realized the time changed, and I lost an hour from what I thought I had. damn grown up stuff getting in the way.

Just be home before the street lights turn on and you are good. Oh to be a kid again.

JT

This is great intel! While I was out I had real trouble keeping the bike from sinking into soft terrain when I stopped. I also have the SW ALU-Rack and was planning on getting that adapter. Thanks for sharing this information.

As far as what I did today I rode to work. Saturday I got my radiator guard and threw it on really quick and easy. The biggest hurdle was that to get the bolts to line up on the top I had to partially tighten the support bracket. If I tightened it all the way or left it off the bolts wouldn't make it through.

Yea, I like to 'thank' the rest of the country for altering time again. It's stupid and now I have to get up an hour earlier anyway. At least traffic will be a little lighter at 5 am. Unfortunately our rush hour does move a little after DST due to the number of Arizonans that have there start times changed even though we don't do that.

I finally got my bike back from the shop today. Last time they get a crack at it. Parts and labor were over $1000 for the 12k service plus I had them check the valves early and it needed tires. They also did an oil change against my wishes. What was really frustrating was that they said it would just take one day and then called me last Monday to tell me that they had broken a valve cover fastener and had to special order it. The bike wasn't done until last Thursday but I wasn't able to pick it up before today. On top of all of that last week was the best weather that we've seen in Phoenix in months, then I had to ride home in the rain today. Yea, no doubt I'm going to do the next service myself, I just didn't have the time last week. Of course, if I had known that I would be without it for a week then I would've made time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back