• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rode to the motorcycle training class with the local police department. Low 50's with a light drizzle. I guess it was cancelled but I didn't get the notification. [emoji2359] The last two I was scheduled for this year were cancelled due to weather. I'm beginning to wonder if I'm bad luck for the classes this year.
74aee34d167d45be89c576a6ceae9ec9.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Forgot to post this last week, but I went out with a couple friends to a coffee shop about 45 miles away for some good food, coffee, and yes PIE! (that is for Rapturee!)

There's a good man! heh, i started my 2600 mile 9 day trip off properly just so you know! ...with, you guessed it! Razzleberry pie! :{P

3Step vac.jpg

heh, bunch of pansies! :{P
I'll cautiously agree since it's hosted by the local police. [emoji16]

The previous times they called because most of the class participants cancelled (it's free, no incentive to keep the commitment). I guess my name got lost this time around since I wasn't notified.

I'll cautiously agree since it's hosted by the local police. [emoji16]

The previous times they called because most of the class participants cancelled (it's free, no incentive to keep the commitment). I guess my name got lost this time around since I wasn't notified.

It rained the entire day for my MSF class. Learned that the techniques they taught actually helped in reduced traction situations.

JT

It rained the entire day for my MSF class. Learned that the techniques they taught actually helped in reduced traction situations.

JT
Today would have been fine. Wet pavement would have been good training and and the drizzle stopped an hour or so after start time. 'Beginners' class so it's all low speed unlike the advanced class. This is beyond the MSF beginners class but isn't pass/fail so it's more fun (still counts for an insurance discount).

The last class I tried to attend had a forecast of thunderstorms, 20mph winds, and 45mph gusts. I was glad that one was cancelled.

Anyway... Free training, insurance discount, take as often as you like, and a local insurance agent provides lunch. I'll take it a couple times a year. [emoji16]

Got a nice cold *** ride to and from work today. Africa Twin got dropped off after 2 weeks at the dealer for warranty work while I was at work, looks like the NC is going back to being my rainy day only ride.

Done a lot on the bike today; a short trip with the wife and a picnic - which we enjoyed at Calshot Beach - followed by a detour for tea and cake. After getting her home and removing the luggage I then went for a visit to Avebury Rings - 120 mile round trip over three and a bit hours. Beautiful countryside and a chance to listen to my audiobook through the Bluetooth. Bliss.

https://m.calimoto.com/t/nWVCCSenqj
56d2898d945a6fc0943c6507c1ce8823.jpg
fc10c0760e9f79cba2505796471ab880.jpg
c246f11ab67e31416c264c4526d476bc.jpg
aa51d7e6627661c00a61a3a5aa280eec.jpg

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

No riding today. Mother's Day with family trumps the riding.

Yesterday, put 120 miles on the NC (Skookum) to pick up paperwork and parts for the new member of the family (Sanford). Sanford is a 2004 BMW R1150R. She is a salvage rebuild - hence the junkyard reference.

I wonder how many times the NC will take me to the BMW shop for repair parts... Versus the BMW taking me to the Honda shop for repair parts???? Oh wait, I never have to get repair parts for Skookum. ;-)
>Thom

Btw...@ Rapturee.. We HAVE to get together this summer... You seem to know the most amazing PIE places!
>T

Went to the post office to mail a package. Man I love riding this thing. Just so easy to get on and take off!

08b80d648b20af3267ff07cdb690ce45.jpg

fca7f7a8225dd45da1188be9ccb0d528.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Carried my stepson for his first ride on the NC. Dropped by the Yamaha shop to buy some chain lube, he liked the 110 dirtbike pretty good....guess I need to get ready to buy him one soon...a used one of course. Aint paying $2500 for something he can wreck out 14 times and be worth $500 in a year. Lol

d6ad747fac5b9cf4386022f32a4dbaf9.jpg

d14892e0e9d048cd0fa99e86d0e751e9.jpg

caca7eff76a1e58815dd2c9890ac315b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Olythom Btw...@ Rapturee.. We HAVE to get together this summer... You seem to know the most amazing PIE places!

Red Rider...I could never hang with that guy. I gain weight just looking at his posts. :p

You're ON!! If either of you make the trip out here or just want to meet up, then the PIE is on me! When i ride, i typically stay off of the interstates and take the older state highways. Then i look for those old Mom-Pop cafe's and places that the locals are most likely to hang out at and Bam..., Fresh home made PIEs!!! :{)

OLY, i do plan on making a trip over to the Oregon coast later this year, maybe we can meet up then if you'd like and our schedules allow. I'm trying to put together a trip over to the Oregon coast to visit the 11 light houses they have. I'll probably try and land in Tillamook at the Cape Lookout camp ground(neat place), or somewhere close if they're all booked up. amd make a couple of long days rides from there attempting to hit all 11 of them in a 3-4 day weekend. I'll keep you posted and hopefully have a nice GoPro purchased and riding by then. It's just too hard to stop every couple of miles because you see something photo worthy... takes too long just to get anywhere haha. :{)

When i took off for my 9 day, 2600 mile, 6 states ride......... of course you know what i started the trip off with!!?? You guessed it! :{P

3Step vac.jpg

then of course i ended my time at 3 Step with an incredible supper.... all fresh garden grown/local bought or homemade too!! :{)

3Step vac supper time.jpg

....and for my last nights stay there.....dessert!! LOL, when i got home i told my wife that i felt i had gained 10lbs on that trip the food was sooo good and a lot of it. They definitely take very good care of you there!! :{)

3Step vac dessert time.jpg

Olythom Btw...@ Rapturee.. We HAVE to get together this summer... You seem to know the most amazing PIE places!

Red Rider...I could never hang with that guy. I gain weight just looking at his posts. :p

You're ON!! If either of you make the trip out here or just want to meet up, then the PIE is on me! When i ride, i typically stay off of the interstates and take the older state highways. Then i look for those old Mom-Pop cafe's and places that the locals are most likely to hang out at and Bam..., Fresh home made PIEs!!! :{)

OLY, i do plan on making a trip over to the Oregon coast later this year, maybe we can meet up then if you'd like and our schedules allow. I'm trying to put together a trip over to the Oregon coast to visit the 11 light houses they have. I'll probably try and land in Tillamook at the Cape Lookout camp ground(neat place), or somewhere close if they're all booked up. amd make a couple of long days rides from there attempting to hit all 11 of them in a 3-4 day weekend. I'll keep you posted and hopefully have a nice GoPro purchased and riding by then. It's just too hard to stop every couple of miles because you see something photo worthy... takes too long just to get anywhere haha. :{)

When i took off for my 9 day, 2600 mile, 6 states ride......... of course you know what i started the trip off with!!?? You guessed it! :{P

View attachment 38203

then of course i ended my time at 3 Step with an incredible supper.... all fresh garden grown/local bought or homemade too!! :{)

View attachment 38204

....and for my last nights stay there.....dessert!! LOL, when i got home i told my wife that i felt i had gained 10lbs on that trip the food was sooo good and a lot of it. They definitely take very good care of you there!! :{)

View attachment 38205

<groan>....

I’ll be within pie throwing distance to you on June 10,11. Staying in Columbia Falls for a couple, hitting GNP and slipping into Canada.

I stopped for fuel on my way home tonight. When I got home I recorded my mileage on Fuelly and felt the number was familiar. When I grabbed the receipt from two days ago I noticed that the dollar amounts were identical then, to my surprise I saw that the gallon amount was to, down to the thousandth!

receiptb.jpg

Last edited:
<groan>.... I’ll be within pie throwing distance to you on June 10,11. Staying in Columbia Falls for a couple, hitting GNP and slipping into Canada.

Fantastic, i am a short 250 miles away. I will check my work schedule monday when i get back and take one of those days off and ride over to meet you if you'd like a short visit/ride. It'd be great to meet up with you and find some PIE!! :{)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back