• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

About to order windscreen(Cee Baileys)

Craigmri

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys, I'm about to order a new Windscreen for my NC I just got. Mind you I only rode the bike 50 miles but in preparation for a huge touring vacation I'm taking next month I want better wind protection. I've read many threads on various screens and I also have a little experience with aftermarket screens on my old Goldwing and BMW K1200LT. I fully understand I will never achieve wind protection like those rides.

First let me say I am 6'1" and have an average torso I suppose. Initially I was interested in the Calsci Medium or even large but got turned off by the issues I've read that several have had. I do like the look of the Puig but dont think its tall enough for me.

So with this said, I've heard so many good comments over the years about the Cee Baileys products I am thinking of giving their 22" model a try in light grey tint. Does anyone have this shield and if so could you remark about your experience?

Thanks in advance.
Craig

I agree with you. I have had 2 Calsci touring and both have cracked. They charge me $40 to replace the 1st windshield. I haven't had time to call about the 2nd cracked windshield. I do like the wind protection Calsci offers, but. The Calsci is comfortable to ride behind. I also over the years have heard nothing but good about Cee Bailey. Do you know how much taller the Calsci touring is over the Cee Bailey?

Read about the MadStad Adjustable Windscreen

You need to read about the MadStad Adjustable Windscreen and all the options (different windscreen and heights) available ... .... .... then give Mark at MadStad a call -- he will set you up with the correct one for your height...

http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-mods/2577-madstad-sport-sd-medium-gray-tint-clear.html

http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-mods/2211-madstad-windshield.html

http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-mods/1559-madstad-adjustable-windshield-system-honda-nc700x.html

I have the Cee Bailey and love it. I too had the CalSci and switched to Cee Bailey. It does everything I expect a shield to do and it is stable at 100mph. Oops. did I just say that? Errr I mean at all legal highway speeds. Enjoy!

I am going more to the.zero gravety.its more looks for me.anything is better then stock.the madstad i can't get past the black braces that stick out.but that is me.

I have the factory touring screen. I’m 6’1. I consider it a minimalist touring screen. It is fine for around town, the occasional short back road trip/Interstate to the next town. Air coming off the top hits me right above the face shield so I get plenty of bug splatter. Also plenty of air coming around the sides of it. On the interstate I do get some helmet turbulence from the traffic. On the trip to the smokies and back I was wanting a bigger screen. I have been hesitant about getting another screen because I want good air flow during the summer. While frugly, the Madstad looks to be the best way to go from the reviews.

I have the Puig in light smoke. I am 6' 2" tall with 32" inseam. The screen works for me. No turbulence, just smooth air flow. In traffic the air off of vehicles in front bounces the bike, but the air flow over and around the screen is quiet. I also have it mounted in the lowest position.
I would really like to see/try a National Cycle V-Stream screen when they become available. I am not sure if the Zero Gravity Touring would help much. My previous Z.G. Touring screens for my previous bikes were terrible. Worse than stock.
But I am hoping to be proven wrong about the Z.G.!

I have the Puig in light smoke. I am 6' 2" tall with 32" inseam. The screen works for me. No turbulence, just smooth air flow. In traffic the air off of vehicles in front bounces the bike, but the air flow over and around the screen is quiet. I also have it mounted in the lowest position.
I would really like to see/try a National Cycle V-Stream screen when they become available. I am not sure if the Zero Gravity Touring would help much. My previous Z.G. Touring screens for my previous bikes were terrible. Worse than stock.
But I am hoping to be proven wrong about the Z.G.!

Pismo, Do you have any photos of the Puig on your bike and where did you purchase it?

Craig

Craigmri, you have got to drop by Madstad without question. Give them a call, see if they can be there during an extended lunch hour during your weekday. They already have the grid info to make your screen and if you pay cash you get a really nice discount by going to their shop with your bike.
They will be happy to let you take the screen back selected if too tall or too short.
Trust me, you will be happy.

The key is the smaller screen behind the main large one, it reduces the back pressure, allowing for a clean air pocket and flow behind the main screen thus no helmet buffing effect.

Last edited:
Craigmri, you have got to drop by Madstad without question. Give them a call, see if they can be there during an extended lunch hour during your weekday. They already have the grid info to make your screen and if you pay cash you get a really nice discount by going to their shop with your bike.
They will be happy to let you take the screen back selected if too tall or too short.
Trust me, you will be happy.

The key is the smaller screen behind the main large one, it reduces the back pressure, allowing for a clean air pocket and flow behind the main screen thus no helmet buffing effect.

I e-mailed with Mark today and he said he could work with me on a Saturday so I still may go see him next weekend. I'm Still on the fence between Cee Baileys, Puig and Madstad.

Craig

A ride from Brookesville to Dade City? There is a million nice country roads between the two. And you would get to see what it looks like on your bike. By the way, where did you get the NC?

I e-mailed with Mark today and he said he could work with me on a Saturday so I still may go see him next weekend. I'm Still on the fence between Cee Baileys, Puig and Madstad.

Craig

I have actually ordered both the Cee Bailey 22" screen and the Madstad 20" SD screen. I used the Cee Bailey for the first time on Friday to work - started getting wind hitting my faceplate at around 55MPH (I'm 5'10 but have a tall torso). It was at least manageable compared to the stock windscreen. My Madstad should be here Wednesday, so I look forward to trying that one too and comparing.

A ride from Brookesville to Dade City? There is a million nice country roads between the two. And you would get to see what it looks like on your bike. By the way, where did you get the NC?

Bought it from a Private owner in Lutz area. Apparently this young mechanic bought the NC as his first motorcycle may 20th. He rode it a few times and after going out on a ride with his Hayabusa buddies determined the NC isn't fast enough so he traded his boss the NC for one of the Boss's many bikes(an Aprilia Tuano). Since the boss already had an NC of his own he just flipped the NC to me. I paid $5,500 for it with a Yoshi R-77 exhaust(he gave me original exhaust too) and the Honda centerstand. Even after the ride home it has 690 miles or so on it.

Craig

I have actually ordered both the Cee Bailey 22" screen and the Madstad 20" SD screen. I used the Cee Bailey for the first time on Friday to work - started getting wind hitting my faceplate at around 55MPH (I'm 5'10 but have a tall torso). It was at least manageable compared to the stock windscreen. My Madstad should be here Wednesday, so I look forward to trying that one too and comparing.

Mike I will anxiously await your evaluation and comparison of the two. Cant wait to hear about it!!

Craig

Just hit 100MPH yesterday with my 20-inch Cee Bailey's. worked great. I'm 6' tall but i prefer the shorter over taller windshield so fresh air hits me above the helmet.

Back