• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

coming up on 100K...

Congrats! Impressive amount of riding in five yeas. I ride everyday and still have not broke 50K. I hit four years in May. Good to hear the only issue was a clutch. Awesome accomplishment.

Congrats! Around here I'd have to do a lot of rain ridin to make it. Not gonna happen. Good to know my bike is capable of it though! :)

Congratulations, my little CBR250 did that a few months ago and I also wondered about it since my '03 BMW didn't show another number, just rolled over to 00000, twice. The little Honda had no problems at all, now at 106,541 and still no problems. Replaced the spark plug and the countershaft sprocket at 51,000 miles, only had to change shims on the left exhaust valve once and twice on the right exhaust valve, intake valves have never needed adjustment. Changed the air filter at 72,000, still on the original chain and still uses virtually no oil, usually add about 4 ounces at the 6,000 mile mark and change at 6 months or 10,000 miles. Best bike I've ever had and I'm sure the NC will be every bit as good.
Ride Safe,
Dan

My accord is almost up to 167k mi...need to troubleshoot the condenser fan, needs a new paint job and leather on the seats, tranny may need work soon (metal in fluid), prolly could use new gaskets... otherwise it's great. :D

Accord is the bee's knees. Nice choice!

My HONDA truck is running fine with 398,000+ miles. :)

I just bought a 2017 Ridgeline. I hope it lasts as long as yours, but they'll probably be taking my driver's license away before it hits 398,000 miles.

Congratulations, my little CBR250 did that a few months ago and I also wondered about it since my '03 BMW didn't show another number, just rolled over to 00000, twice. The little Honda had no problems at all, now at 106,541 and still no problems. Replaced the spark plug and the countershaft sprocket at 51,000 miles, only had to change shims on the left exhaust valve once and twice on the right exhaust valve, intake valves have never needed adjustment. Changed the air filter at 72,000, still on the original chain and still uses virtually no oil, usually add about 4 ounces at the 6,000 mile mark and change at 6 months or 10,000 miles. Best bike I've ever had and I'm sure the NC will be every bit as good.
Ride Safe,
Dan

No offense Strat but 100K on an NC is simply fulfilling a design criteria, a feat that will surely be replicated many times. :cool:

Breaking 100K on a CBR250 on the other hand is real news! Commuting miles?

What failed exactly? Can you give us some details? Thanks!
I baby my clutches, but at 80k, I found myself trying to go up a steep hill in the dark. I got into sift dirt and was using the clutch to coax the bike forward.

I knew something was wrong when I would Rev the engine, let out the clutch all the way, and NOTHING happened!

The clutch plates burned smooth on that hill...says the mechanic.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I baby my clutches, but at 80k, I found myself trying to go up a steep hill in the dark. I got into sift dirt and was using the clutch to coax the bike forward.

I knew something was wrong when I would Rev the engine, let out the clutch all the way, and NOTHING happened!

The clutch plates burned smooth on that hill...says the mechanic.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

That tells me that the way I putt around on my bike that I will likely never have to replace the clutch! ROFL This bike will probably last me forever then! :)

Since you got THAT many miles on your manual shift NC, I wonder if the DCT version will get closer to double that because it has 2 clutches
so theoretically, each clutch is only doing half duty compared the your single clutch.

Since you got THAT many miles on your manual shift NC, I wonder if the DCT version will get closer to double that because it has 2 clutches
so theoretically, each clutch is only doing half duty compared the your single clutch.
Possibly even more. The DCT will not ride the clutch. Each is either quickly engaged or quickly disengaged. Less wear from crisp shifts.

Possibly even more. The DCT will not ride the clutch. Each is either quickly engaged or quickly disengaged. Less wear from crisp shifts.

Some parts of a dct clutch may wear faster due to the hard shifts, but I'm sure they considered that in the design.

Back