• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Creating a dedicated key for the storage compartment

My plan is to just toss that key in the fruck if I'm leaving the bike, the full key is in my pocket to get it back out when ready to go.

Best trick ever. Cannot believe I got around prior to doing this mod. Easily worth the (minimal) cost for the convenience factor!

Added plus - if you use the Goldwing radio knob, like I did, it's tacky enough to turn with gloves on

Best trick ever. Cannot believe I got around prior to doing this mod. Easily worth the (minimal) cost for the convenience factor!

Added plus - if you use the Goldwing radio knob, like I did, it's tacky enough to turn with gloves on

Pics or it didn't happen, you know the rules. :)

While out riding I stopped in a small town at a video store for a drink break.I looked down and on the ground was this knob that came off of something. I will now make my key with it.what luck.
8093829e9fe6027beae75e1973d709a2.jpg
9c004db6618b339b27f67b73de8e3b2f.jpg

I was removing some items from my trunk and decided to remove my fabricated frunk key and it somehow managed to flick from my fingers and headed toward the fairing around the headlight area. I looked high and low and could not find that key. Even took the lower part of the front beak off and nothing. Checked the rad/fan area, top of the motor, front wheel area and floor, nothing.

I was removing some items from my trunk and decided to remove my fabricated frunk key and it somehow managed to flick from my fingers and headed toward the fairing around the headlight area. I looked high and low and could not find that key. Even took the lower part of the front beak off and nothing. Checked the rad/fan area, top of the motor, front wheel area and floor, nothing.

Check the lower part of the painted cowl, in front of where your knees go.

15285124096_c21a1e158f_z.jpg

I lost the twist knob to my GPS' RAM mount one day before setting off. I heard it fall down, but looked everywhere and couldn't find it. I figured it hit the floor and rolled somewhere, so I got my other one and left for the day. Couldn't find it in the garage when I got back, so I figured it got lost and bounced out at some point during the day.

Two months later I get around to washing the bike and notice that that panel kind of rattled when I pressed on it. I started to investigate and out falls my GPS knob (of course I had already bought a new one).

trey

So I decided to tackle this Frunk key solution. Went to autozone and bought know assortment, had spare key made, and bought quick steel weld. See the pics for exact stuff I bought. I cut ket, slide into knob, filled with quick steel, sanded down after it dried and then taped of and painted. See all pics, tell me what you think. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sub in this switch would be the king of fake........( but would solve the horn button location issue)

It would be the king of cool is the power wind screen worked !!!!!!!!:cool::cool::cool:

image.jpg

Back