• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Fork Extension Mod Complete

I have the Billski fork extenders installed at +1-1/8 inches. I like them. I had picked up a bit of suspension lift with my RaceTech / Ohlins combo and I lost a bit of leg reach with the Russell seat. Adding the inch plus from the Billski to the other and the bike is now as high as this 6'-2" rider wants a street bike to be. The extra ground clearance is appreciated. The handling does not appear to have suffered. The brake hose was long enough, but mine was custom so the comment might not translate to the stock hose. The centerstand is still tall enough, however I will make a one inch base pad for the sidestand as it is now lower than I would like. In my opinion, the centerstand was a bit too tall to begin with.

I have the Billski fork extenders installed at +1-1/8 inches. I like them. I had picked up a bit of suspension lift with my RaceTech / Ohlins combo and I lost a bit of leg reach with the Russell seat. Adding the inch plus from the Billski to the other and the bike is now as high as this 6'-2" rider wants a street bike to be. The extra ground clearance is appreciated. The handling does not appear to have suffered. The brake hose was long enough, but mine was custom so the comment might not translate to the stock hose. The centerstand is still tall enough, however I will make a one inch base pad for the sidestand as it is now lower than I would like. In my opinion, the centerstand was a bit too tall to begin with.

Huzzah! thx for the follow up :cool:

Although my To Do list is getting bigger, not smaller! :rolleyes:

Very cool - really want to see what ground clearance you gained.

Pics??

Very cool - really want to see what ground clearance you gained.

Pics??

Well theoretically, if you raise the front by X and leave the rear as it is, the center of the bike will be raised by X/2. In this case that would be a shade over 1/2 inch (which hardly seems worth the bother). If you took the full two inches that the Billski allows when fully raised, then the difference at the center would be about one inch (which seems more worth doing). The reason I capped it where I did was that I had reached my comfort limit for leg reach with the combination of seat and suspension mods that I had done. I do not have a "before" measurement to compare it to.

Well theoretically, if you raise the front by X and leave the rear as it is, the center of the bike will be raised by X/2. In this case that would be a shade over 1/2 inch (which hardly seems worth the bother). If you took the full two inches that the Billski allows when fully raised, then the difference at the center would be about one inch (which seems more worth doing). The reason I capped it where I did was that I had reached my comfort limit for leg reach with the combination of seat and suspension mods that I had done. I do not have a "before" measurement to compare it to.

I need to go back and see what you did in the rear with the Racetech stuff. Sounds like with the rear and now the front extended, you gained about 1/2 inch clearance from the belly?

Last edited:
I need to go back and see what you did with the rear with the Racetech stuff. Sounds like with the rear and now the front extended, you gained about 1/2 inch clearance from the belly?

The rear was an Ohlins shock. The front was RaceTech. Again, I didn't take before and after measurements, but I recall the bike sitting a bit taller after the suspension changes. The sag was in range after bolting them on and I did not have to make any preload changes. So you are correct, I expect my bash plate is plus 1/2" from the suspension and +1/2" from the Billskis.

Hey there, I reckon I'm a little late to the conversation but I was wondering if there was any experience with putting shorter rear suspension links on the NC700X by anyone in this thread. I see that the fork extenders work well in the front but nothing good for rear. I will be purchasing a new NC700X soon and was hoping to get a decent bit more ground clearance for offroading. The fork extenders I understand don't give me more suspension travel but it does raise the ride height and ground clearance which is what I am more so looking for. I noticed people advertising the rear suspension links as "Jack-Up Kits" or Tail Risers which shorten the links and raise the ride height while stiffening the rear shock. I was hoping either somebody could give me advice on it or after I buy my bike and putting everything on it do a review/give feedback on how it works if anybody would be interested in it. Thanks.

Back