• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

If you are having buffeting problems with a wind screen try a lip!

I put on the the eBay lip on hu Honda Tall windshield and went for a ride on the freeway hit about 85mph, and not sure if it was the angle of the lip which is adjustable, the Honda Tall was flexing so much I thought it was going to snap off. Will try to change the angle of the lip to match the windshield to see if it's any better .

I put on the the eBay lip on hu Honda Tall windshield and went for a ride on the freeway hit about 85mph, and not sure if it was the angle of the lip which is adjustable, the Honda Tall was flexing so much I thought it was going to snap off. Will try to change the angle of the lip to match the windshield to see if it's any better .

If you put it so it matches the windscreen angle (+/- 5 deg) it should just help accelerate the air to shoot up a bit more giving you an extra few inches of Buffett free zone.

I have never seen the real Honda shield, but I had no flex on a Puig and a V stream...

Your bike looks awesome with all the accessories and the color really sets it off. Did you notice any power loss with the extra weight and the taller windscreen?

Your bike looks awesome with all the accessories and the color really sets it off. Did you notice any power loss with the extra weight and the taller windscreen?

Nope.. it get's maybe 3-5 mpg less with the drag of the bags and windscreen but will cruise 80 mph all day on the freeway with power to spare.
I'll take the extra space and wind protection over those MPG's

I bought one of the eBay special lips and gave it a try. But I didn't buy one from overseas.

It could be good for long highway drives, but the metal clip and attachment is too big and interferes with a clean line of sight. When I'm on the highway I'm upright and looking just over the top, far down the road. In the city, while lane splitting or looking for potholes, I am looking closer to my front end, right through the plastic.
Not to mention the lip's 2 creases causing distortion when looking through it.
It gave me a nice bubble of protection from wind and noise up to an indicated 80 mph with it at the highest position and at the same angle as my Puig screen.
This tells me I need to measure the height and get a screen that tall.

This tells me I need to measure the height and get a screen that tall.

Won't work the same. I did that (Bought a taller screen that had the same height as my old screen and lip) and the buffeting returned.. The way the wind is forced between the windscreen and the lip speeds it up and over you. Just a tall windscreen lets the air roll off the top of the lip and smack you in the head. I was frustrated but bought an X-creen lip for my Stream and it fixed it up again.

I also bought one of the clamp-on economy 'lips' and my feelings are mixed. It definitely raised the airstream a couple of inches and the buffeting went away. It is clamped onto an OEM Tall windscreen and it does cause a little flexing under certain conditions (passing semis, etc) but the flexing is tolerable.

My primary concern is that the metal clamp sits in the center of the windscreen and just below eye level. As Silver says in his post, at low speed, the mounting assembly creates an unnerving blind spot around the front end of the bike. I am also wondering if the change in airstream will block airflow through helmet vents in the summer heat.

Time will tell.

I'm thinking a Laminar Lip might work better. It gives the gap to let air flow between the Touring screen and the lip, but if I use the 4 attachment points on the sides it might be more out of my line of sight.
Past experience tells me that I would use the nuts & bolts to attach it, as the 3M Dual Lock tape just doesn't hold up well for the long term at high speeds.
Unfortunately they don't make one for the Puig screen, just the OEM one, so it might call for a trip down to their HQ in the OC.

I added mirror extenders recently. They seem to really reduce the buffeting. It seems to allow the wind coming off the sides of the windscreen to flow past me undisturbed.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Back