• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Looking for a better seat for my NCX

BDub

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all, If you havent noticed I am new to the forum as well as the motorcycle world. The NC700 is my first bike and I have had it for almost 2 months and put 1000 miles on it. I dont have much to say about the stock seat other than it makes my backside numb after about 45 mins of riding.

I have been looking at ordering a Corbin seat but before I drop $350 on it I was wondering if anyone had any input on their seats. Are they worth the money or is there a better alternative?

I bought the bike primarily for commute to work to save gas and not rack up miles on my new car. After the first of the year my commute will be at least 30 miles one way if I dont have to go anywere else and the stock seat just isnt going to do the job.

Lots of choices have been discussed here. Wade in and look around. Everything from the sublime to the ridiculous. Personally, I have never liked Corbin seats. The ones I have had looked good when new but did not age gracefully and were too hard for my liking. Some folks love them though.

I have searched a little. I will dig a little deeper. The biggest complaint with the stock seat is the forward slope. Seems like I am constantly having to reposition myself.

I have searched a little. I will dig a little deeper. The biggest complaint with the stock seat is the forward slope. Seems like I am constantly having to reposition myself.

You will find some suggestions for how to raise the front of the seat on here as well.

Just to add my 2 cents, over my (albeit limited) motorcycling experience if have experienced both stock, gel and custom seats. I would like to point out that no matter what seat is used, in my experience I always end up with the exact same hot spots no matter what the bike or stock/custom seats. Some seats delay the onset of said hot spots, but they are always arrive eventually. Thinking of an airhawk due to this. On a side note, I have not experienced the sliding forward problem.

I've got a stock seat that was redone by Sargent. They widened and dished out the "cheek" area which completely eliminated the hot spots for me...repeat...for me! They did not address the forward slope which is my second issue with the OEM seat.

Just to add my 2 cents, over my (albeit limited) motorcycling experience if have experienced both stock, gel and custom seats. I would like to point out that no matter what seat is used, in my experience I always end up with the exact same hot spots no matter what the bike or stock/custom seats. Some seats delay the onset of said hot spots, but they are always arrive eventually. Thinking of an airhawk due to this. On a side note, I have not experienced the sliding forward problem.

Spoken like someone who has never had a Russell Day-Long seat.

You won't find many complaints on a Russell Day Long seat. There is a reason they can charge so much for their seats. If it didn't do what they say, there would be a lot of bad reviews on it and If you don't like it, they will fix it!
With that being said. My seat from Rocky has made 300 mile rides a pleasure! Your butt may vary.

I have been a long time Corbin Seat fan! I have had many of them on various bikes and love them. One mistake many people make is not spending enough saddle time in them to break them in. The Corbin Seat needs to break in to the individual rider for ultimate comfort. In my recent trip from St. Louis to Avon, Colorado, the seat was new and I hadn't broke it in yet. It was comfortable on the way out, but NOTHING like it felt about a 1000 miles of saddle time; from then on it was heaven.

The make a top quality product for $350!

I have had two Corbin Seats on two different bikes. I did a ride in to Corbin's for both. The first was for a Versys 650. It took 3 trips to Corbin's to get a very satisfactory final result. It was very comfy and nice looking. The second seat was for my NC700X. It took just one fitting to get it right. It was widened, added foam height in the front and sides, and dished. Turned out very nice. I think a ride in is really necessary to get a proper fit. But some riders get lucky and think the prototype Corbin is great.
I have also had two Seat Concept seat kits. The first was for a KLR 650. I first bought the standard seat setup but found it lacking, so I went to their place and traded it out for a lowered version which worked a lot better. The second seat was for my NC700X. I took advantage of their special group purchase to give it a try. It is a very superior to the stock Honda seat. So I have 2 comfy seats for my NC700. I trade them on the bike still trying to decide which I like the best. When I finally choose I will probably sell one of them.

Back