• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Tutoro Oiler

Just thought of this: could it be the oil inside the tube expanding was it warms up from being ridden in the cold and then parked inside s warm garage? That would explain why it does not continue to drip indefinitely but stops after sitting for a while...

That makes sense.

Is the reservoir sitting straight up and down. And how open do you have the valve it's 50 to 80 degrees where I'm at and I have mine open about 1 and 1/4

My valve is open some where between one full turn and one and a quarter and I still have some sling off onto my rim

I think the valve openings will vary widely in the different juridictions due to varying temperatures and viscosity of oil used. I have no idea where mine is at currently, but it is functioning well. I am running a 5/30 full synthetic motor oil in it currently. If I see the need for more or less oil I occasionally tweak the little valve a quarter turn or so in either direction.

it maybe possible that a little dirt is stuck in between the valve etc.
I'd drain it all out and wash it out with paraffin (don't use petrol as this may damage the rubber seating).
and refill with fresh oil. worth a try.

Tutoro is now available through a US distributor. He's Rick at AdventureTech.com. I pointed him to Tutoro; he got them to sign him up as distributor. Rick makes and sells parts for V-Stroms--I "met" him through my V-Strom, so to speak.
Selling the Strom; keeping the Tutoro to put on my NC DCT.
I have no affiliation with AdventureTech except being a pleased customer.

Tutoro is now available through a US distributor. He's Rick at AdventureTech.com. I pointed him to Tutoro; he got them to sign him up as distributor. Rick makes and sells parts for V-Stroms--I "met" him through my V-Strom, so to speak.
Selling the Strom; keeping the Tutoro to put on my NC DCT.
I have no affiliation with AdventureTech except being a pleased customer.

Is it adventuretech.biz?

Might be. Rick Hughes "adventuretech vstrom" should find him on google.

Yes. Richland Rick, although he's now in NC or some such.

I just got mine. I have to say that i love it! I love the feeling of a freshly oiled chain all the time. feels smoother. hoping it will increase my MPG!

i think it was great built item. but for $140 bucks i think they should include a few more items

they should provide a few more twin nozzles. they should include the stone guard as well.

mine came with a plastic screw to secure the nozzle . they should include a few of these too.

Last edited:
Back