• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Well, I've enjoyed riding (for now)

So glad. Be sure to talk to the doc about helmets and such. I was urged to give up motorcycles. When that didn't fly, it was suggested that I wear a soft collar to support the weight of the helmet for 3 months.

Thanks, Beemer. Never thought about that. I'll be sure to mention it to him, and I WON'T give up bikes. I just started riding and I truly enjoy it.

Robnpat, glad to hear you made it through phase one ok, good to know you're back home. Like BttrThnWrk said, "don't skimp on the physiotherapy" if its suggested as part of your recovery. It really helps. Good luck to you...

Get well soon! Keep the gas tank full with a stabilizer and put the battery on a tender. You will be riding again before you know it. Until then try going to xhamster.com Plenty of good movies there to keep your mind off the X. No pun intended! :rolleyes:

Glad you made it through the storm! Take it easy and heal up. At least you read about the NC on the net!

Thanks all. My first full day back has seen many naps, pain meds, and having my wife by my side. She will be here with me instead of going to work until I am capable of doing things myself, like get up out of my chair or roll out of my bed both of which is very painful right now. Soon, though, I'll be riding my NCX and having fun again.

That's the spirit get back in the saddle again!

Ridin' into town alone by the light of the moon
I'm lookin' for old Sukie Jones, she crazy horse saloon
Barkeep gimme a drink, that's when she caught my eye
She turned to give me a wink, that'd make a grown man cry

I'm back in the saddle again
I'm back!

Peelin' off my boots and chaps, I'm saddle sore
Four bits gets you time in the racks, I scream for more
Fools' gold out of their mines, the girls are soaking wet
No tongue's drier than mine, I'll come when I get back!

I'm back in the saddle again
I'm back!

Attachments

• back-in-the-saddle.jpg
    back-in-the-saddle.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Thanks all. My first full day back has seen many naps, pain meds, and having my wife by my side. She will be here with me instead of going to work until I am capable of doing things myself, like get up out of my chair or roll out of my bed both of which is very painful right now. Soon, though, I'll be riding my NCX and having fun again.

The older I get, the more I appreciate a good nap! Not much into the pain though.

That's the right spirit. Hang on in there
Isn't it suprising that when something like this happens you find out how many friends you have without ever meeting them. I got a lot of help and support from an American Doc that I knew from the W650 forum when my wife Sue was seriously ill and I really appreciated it. Sadly we lost him to a drunk driver a while back

Last edited:
Thanks Rocker. I'm doing ok, but man am I sore. It is great having friends out there that one doesn't even know wishing me a fast recovery. I didn't have a good night last night as I was vomiting and having issues, but my wife helped me through. I was real tired and eventually fell asleep. I can't wait to get alot better. Meanwhile, I'm enjoying everyone's posts on their NCX experiences :D

Well, I snuck out of the house today to go out to the garage and start my NCX to hear it rev. I just hope my wife doesn't get wise and look at our security cameras (caught with my hand in the cookie jar). Anyway, it was great hearing it run. I was 'THISCLOSE' to taking it for a brief ride, but common sense got the best of me and she stayed safely in the garage. Oct 19 can't get here soon enough

Thanks, Rocker. I'm not going to make any dumb moves (well, as dumb as riding it right now). Surgery hurt like 'opposite of heaven' and I don't want to go through that again. I'm not sure how well a full-face helmet will sit well on my neck, or even it will be able to support it right now. My next thing I need to practice is turning my head. I do enjoy watching any NCX videos I can find, and viewing this forum.

I hope everyone out there enjoys riding. I'm with ya'll in spirit :eek:

Just a quick update on my recovery. I was off for about 5 weeks, and although I tried to get a dr. release early, I had some minor issues so my dr wouldn't release me. But, on my Oct. 19 follow-up with him, he cleared me for both work and driving. I've only ridden my bike twice (to and from my Honda dealer for its' first service and recall) but that was only about 3.5 miles each way. I did start my first physical therapy session this afternoon, and I am hoping it clears up the minor issue with my forearm (both my rehab dr and surgeon said if it didn't clear up with PT, they would have to go back in and do some more work :mad: ) so I am crossing my fingers.

All in all, I am feeling alot better, and can't wait to get riding longer distances. And I thank all that wished me well.

Rob

Back