• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What did you do to/with your other motorcycle/scooter/trike today?

I changed the front brake pads on my wing yesterday at 25,164 for the first time. They were worn out.

I replaced them with Niche brand pads I bought on EBay that have good reviews on the wing forum. They seem fine and shipped Fed Ex from a warehouse in Wisconsin. We will see how they wear.

Not mine but I was playing around with one of these last night. Very interesting. Very interesting. Semi-automatic transmission. It auto-shifts DOWN but manually shifts UP with a paddle shifter. No clutch. Reverse gear for pulling out of parking spots. Only 1 foot brake, no hand brakes. NO lean. Easiest way to describe the ride is that it is like a snowmobile with wheels.

Owner is one of my club members at the fencing club, he and I planning a "swap" the bike one night, just to piss off our wives, and take each others bikes home for the night. He wants a DCT really badly but when Covid shut down production and the supplies dried up he took a look at the CanAm.

tempImage4x8vm3.jpg

You seem to have something against Harleys or is it the Harley owners?
Regarding garage queens, it is my personal observations. I have known of several garage queen motorcycles in the past, and I currently know of two. For sure, my local sample size is very small, and I don’t know the reasons, but these happened to be Harleys.

Regarding garage queens, it is my personal observations. I have known of several garage queen motorcycles in the past, and I currently know of two. For sure, my local sample size is very small, and I don’t know the reasons, but these happened to be Harleys.
If I recall correctly, there have been Forum members that have scored very low mileage NC's with out any smart remarks.

No disrespect intended Alias. There are plenty of Harley riders that pile on the miles but there’s a stereotype out there about low mileage Harleys as garage queens or “butt jewelry”. Whether it’s any more true concerning HD compared to other brands is a fair question.

I've been riding on the street since the mid 60's. This is the first time that I can recall hearing that term, it's kinda funny. But then again, I'd never heard the term "farkeled" until I joined this forum.
I cleaned it up a little so it wouldn't get deleted. Butt, arse, you get the picture.

This is really nothing new. I am on 4 different forums, CB 1100, ST 1300, FJR and here and constantly amazed at the low mileage bikes that are bought by forum members or put up for sale by forum members. 500 to 1000 miles a year is pretty common, and I've seen bikes several years old advertised with less than 500 miles on them. A guy on the CB forum recently bought a 2013 CB 1100 with 400 miles on it. IIRC the lowest I recall was 4 miles on a 6 year old bike. Original owner always wanted a motorcycle, bought one, had it delivered to his house, rode it around the block and parked it, where it sat until his wife made him sell it.

This is really nothing new. I am on 4 different forums, CB 1100, ST 1300, FJR and here and constantly amazed at the low mileage bikes that are bought by forum members or put up for sale by forum members. 500 to 1000 miles a year is pretty common, and I've seen bikes several years old advertised with less than 500 miles on them. A guy on the CB forum recently bought a 2013 CB 1100 with 400 miles on it. IIRC the lowest I recall was 4 miles on a 6 year old bike. Original owner always wanted a motorcycle, bought one, had it delivered to his house, rode it around the block and parked it, where it sat until his wife made him sell it.
“I've always wanted one of those” is a line I’ve certainly heard before, and it often results in a low mileage bike offered for sale in the future.

Bopped around a bit on the K1600. No pics, unfortunately. Here’s one of the bike, though:

Attachments

• 76784FFB-4BC9-499B-90E0-CCD9D38471FE.jpeg
    76784FFB-4BC9-499B-90E0-CCD9D38471FE.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 3
Back