• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2014: What did you do WITH your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stopped by the Catholic Church in Oreana, Idaho, one of two buildings in "town." Services were over, so we left an offering to Our Lady of Perpetual 65 MPG. It's the middle of nowhere in the desert and has been there in one form or another since the mid 1800s. Are we the only two NC700X/DCT riders in all of Southern Idaho? We've never even seen another one. Every single bike we saw on our ride today (120 miles) was a HD and now that HD has figured out there's money in them there helmets more of the cult are making head-fashion statements.
DSCN0229.jpg

Rode around Lake Winona today. Endless interconnected gravel roads.

WP_20140831_002.jpg

Found a shoe tree on Trail 86 which I guess was a trail at some time but is a gravel road now.

WP_20140831_003.jpg

went for a nice little 300 miles ride yesterday and beat the heat too :) Left the house at 7am and took 10 out to Ola, then 7 to Russellville. Got to Lamar before 9am and took 123 north. I love 123, almost no traffic and some great curves. Only had one bike going my way and he waved me by within a minute of catching up to him.

Crazy coons.... aren't they nocturnal? Came around a curve and two Coons were standing still in my lane looking at me like I was interrupting their Zen. :D A little pucker factor, but they skittered out of the way quick, then stopped just off the road and I swear one of them flipped me off.

Crossed 7 and rode 16 east to Clinton, great section of road, seems like there is never any traffic and in great shape. then 65 south to Conway and home before it got too hot. I think this is the best half day route I've done. Prefect mental health ride :D

IMGP8475.jpgYesterday I went to Bomabay beach, salton sea...it was 330 miles roundtrip...temp when I arrived was 106F so, I took couple of pictures and headed back home. One thing that scared me was that I went a little too deep into the sand area and at some point, the bike was just spinning the back tire..I calmed down a little and within a couple of minutes I was able to move to a more solid ground.
IMGP8423.jpg
IMGP8473.jpg
IMGP8433.jpg
securedownload22.jpg

Just came back from riding five days through Rocky Mountains of BC and Cascade Mountains of WA.

Attachments

• IMG_0146.jpg
    IMG_0146.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 237
  • IMG_0177.jpg
    IMG_0177.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 298
  • IMG_0180.jpg
    IMG_0180.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 325
  • IMG_0181.jpg
    IMG_0181.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 253
Tomorrow I'll be leaving on a 5 day trip to the California redwoods and lost coast. Will be my longest ride yet at around 1400 miles. Will post some pics when I get back, as the app on my phone will not work.

Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Tapatalk

Went for a ride...

Should have been a nice easy ride down a nice clean dirt road, but the increase is monsoon storms we have seen this year gave the road a bunch of new, very deep sand washes. I made it though two of them, but the third one had me beat.

And then my bike needed a nap...

Got some nice shots of the incoming monsoon storm as I high-tailed it out of there though.

Last edited:
AdrianGrey, that looks like you were riding in quick sand. Sand like that requires a 21" front tire. However, if it is there in front of you, you just got to give it a try. I have gone down a few times in sand like that. I am way to short for a 21" front tire, so I will just keep going down!

Yeah that was kinda my feelings on it. Going too fast, and the tiny front tire will catch in the sand and throw me off the bike. Go too slow, and I get stuck. Rather get stuck than lowside/highside at speed, even in the sand. Means I can't just commit to getting though and keep the gas on though :(

I am also far too short for a 21" tire. Hell, I'm too short for this bike, if I wanted to be able to flatfoot on both sides anyway.

Last edited:
Went for a ride...

Should have been a nice easy ride down a nice clean dirt road, but the increase is monsoon storms we have seen this year gave the road a bunch of new, very deep sand washes. I made it though two of them, but the third one had me beat.

What "Mode" did you ride your bike in off-road, "S-Mode or MT-Mode"?

Also this is an observation that I made regarding the rear brackets. Having the Rear Carrrier would help fill in that gaping gap between nicely. Ever considered getting one?

To me, it kinda looks like a Heidenau rear tire and a TKC80 front tire, but I could be mistaken.
L.B.S is correct, I have a Heidenau K60 Scout rear, and a Continental TKC80 front.

Brillot2000 said:
What "mode" do you ride off road in?
I generally ride dirt in normal "D" mode, though I have needed manual mode a few times, to keep the bike in the rev range I want it for the current terrain.
I did consider the rear carrier to fill the gap, but I think it sticks out a bit far, and I don't want a top box to go on top of it. I don't mind the gap.

Went on a test ride through the Delta south of Sacramento to see how the MotoSkivies worked. ( NO PICS ) :p
Worked pretty well on a ~100 mile ride, fairly expensive though. Maybe they can be sourced cheaper somewhere.

Went on a test ride through the Delta south of Sacramento to see how the MotoSkivies worked. ( NO PICS ) :p
Worked pretty well on a ~100 mile ride, fairly expensive though. Maybe they can be sourced cheaper somewhere.

While we usually have a "didn't happen without pics" rule, we'll take your word on this one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back