• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2016: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
GearBrake Module?
what it suppose to do?

When you release the throttle on the bike, it slows very quickly. The GBM will flash the brake lights 6 times when it detects the sudden slowing of the bike via accelaramators. This gives a few precious seconds of notice to the cages behind that we are slowing down. It will also flash the brake lights when either brake is engaged.

GearBrake Module?
what it suppose to do?

It flashes the taillight whenever it senses the bike is decelerating to warn the any driver behind you that there has been a change in your velocity. Kind of a early warning device to all drivers behind you.

Watch this video and read the explanation in the description.

[video=youtube;krUEPDkph7Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krUEPDkph7Q[/video]

FYI... That's not me in that video.

Not to or with, but for.
Bolted a Baxley wheel chock on the motorcycle lift as per advice here.

Attachments

• IMG_2001.jpg
    IMG_2001.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 727
Most people seem to love them. I almost picked one up on Friday with a 25% coupon, but HF jacked up the price from 350 to 425 for that day. I will locate a $299 coupon since that seems to be the lowest you can get it :/

Is that a harbor freight lift? Of so, does it do the job?

It does the job. I can no longer spend any amount of time on my knees or on a milk crate.
It is not built very well. The grease nipples are in line with the arms and when lowered it crushed one. No sense in replacing it since it will just happen again. I could plug it and re-drill for another nipple but I am too lazy. I don't cycle it enough to worry about greasing it more than once a year or so.
But it does the job.

My brother has one he got a whole bunch of years ago and it is a lot nicer and is only half as tall. I had trouble pushing the bike up the slope. In fact I over pushed and it went over the other side and down with me hanging on. I slowed the impact but it "Judo flipped" over the bike and into another causing a domino effect. But that is just because it is tall and I pushed the wrong way. It was doing it's job sitting there.
Now I just put it in gear and walk it up using the engine to push. Duhhh!!

I found that I paid too much. It is listed for about 400 I think. Then goes on sale for 300. Then you use a coupon that brings it to 200 or so. I think. Not sure though. Someone else may know more.

But it does the job and lifts the bike. I would not own a bike without a lift now. I just can't do it.

And a small bottle jack to lift it to engage the center stand for fiddling with the chain/rear wheel etc.

GearBrake Module?

thanks so now I know.
not sure if this would be legal in the UK.
good idea though I'll have to look into this.
are these specific to one part or one fits all?
looked on ebay and they all seem to have different coloured wires and prices.

Last edited:
There is a specific wiring harness for the 2014-2015 NC700, and there are specifics for a lot of other motorcycles. You will want to verify what you are ordering from ebay - as I don't recommend that, really. Never know what you will ultimately end up with. As to the legality, that's on you. Some places have laws on using equipment that changes the factory tail lighting configuration.

GearBrake Module?

thanks so now I know.
not sure if this would be legal in the UK.

You might want to look into the "Non-Flashing" unit. I ended up with that unit, not by desire though. It will operate the brake light in "Solid On" operation when activated.

"The Bobbies" will not be able to tell the difference.

There is a specific wiring harness for the 2014-2015 NC700, and there are specifics for a lot of other motorcycles. You will want to verify what you are ordering from ebay - as I don't recommend that, really. Never know what you will ultimately end up with.

Jason from GearBrake called me before the holidays and we had a discussion regarding this matter. As I mentioned in one of my earlier post, I decided to use the unit that I received and wiring it in myself.

I also send an e-mail to Jason with the pictures of the connectors used on my 2013 as well as my installation. I have not heard back from Jason yet, I am sure that he will put the information that I have provided him to good use... :eek:

During our trip last week to NYC to visit family I went to a Harbor Freight store and picked one of these up:

1.5 Ton Compact Aluminum Racing Floor Jack with Rapid Pump®

I didn't use a coupon, paying the price listed. It's a very nice, compact unit that is light enough for me to keep stored on an overhead shelf. I bought it mainly for getting the rear wheel on my son's Honda Rebel up off of the floor for chain maintenance. The first thing I used it for was to lift a very heavy entertainment center up high enough to place floor sliders underneath it.

Rode to the Overlook Inn in Leavenworth IN to get some lunch with some ADV guys and ride with some friends. It was a brisk start, 33 at 9am, but the ride home was great, at 39. It was like a heat wave. Good seeing you again, David.

img_0408.jpg

img_0409.jpg
Yea, a bunch of us crazies rode to the Overlook in Leavenworth Indiana. It was 24'F at my house when I left-approx. 75 miles each way. 39'F when we left the Overlook, felt really nice after the morning ride down to the Overlook.

Got my next noteworthy farkle - Givi E470 Monolock from Twisted Throttle.

IMG_0411.jpg

IMG_0412.jpg

IMG_0413.jpg

I have the base plate that came with the Givi if anyone wants to trade out a bit of cash or something. I had to get the SW-Motech plate to work with my SW-Motech Alu-Rack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back