• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2016: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are great tires, I have a set on NaNCy now. I was a firm believer in the Bridgestone BT023s, however they were discontinued. I was guided to the T30s and I was not disappointed with them. I am sure that you will not be either...
This is the first set of T30s on the 700 but I've been very happy with them on my ST. I was given a preproduction set of 023s and beta tested them on my ST1300 for Bridgestone before they were introduced in the US. I liked 023s very much.

Are you on Evos or regular T30s?

This is the first set of T30s on the 700 but I've been very happy with them on my ST. I was given a preproduction set of 023s and beta tested them on my ST1300 for Bridgestone before they were introduced in the US. I liked 023s very much.

Are you on Evos or regular T30s?

I too loved the 023s on my ST1300 over the years. They did very well for me during that time.

I do believe mine are the regular T30s that are on NaNCy. What's the difference between them?

The Evos were supposedly developed to keep the light handling character of the 023/T30 and improve wet weather traction. Compared to a T30 the tread grooves extend closer to the middle of the tire and the rubber compound is higher in silica.

I ordered a set of sprockets and chain, SL1070001R-16 and a Turoro chain oiler. They should be here this weekend

I'm running with the PR4's right now and I've gotten over 15k out of them they look like they'll last at least 18.

I ride to work 4 days a week all year 60 miles one way 20 of it is going over a mountain pass

How many miles should you get from PR4's. I'm planning a 6000 mile ride and was assuming I should put on fresh tires before leaving.
I ride different roads than you at my own pace and my weight and bike configuration. It would be difficult for me to realistically compare my tire mileage to yours and extrapolate an answer.

However, it seems that Michelin Pilot Road tires tend to last longer for some riders, enough anecdotal evidence is read by me so I believe that to be true. I've not run the 4s but every previous PR generation. Whether or not reported mileage is longer because of conservative vs less conservative riding styles, heat, load, road surfaces or not I don't know.

I would think that a set of PR4s would serve you well beyond 6000 miles. The PR3s on my NCX went over 8,000 and I took the rear one off with 20% life remaining because I didn't really like the feel they give me the way I ride and I was anxious for better. YMMV.

One think I do to remove some uncertainty as to remaining or expected life is to measure tread depth when new and regularly during the life of the tire so I can get a realistic idea of how the tires are wearing as they accumulate mileage.

Gauges like this are inexpensive and easy to use:

http://www.diseno-art.com/images_3/tire_tread_depth_tool.jpg

I had pr3s on my nighthawk and changed them way before they were worn out because of cupping in the front was causing head shake. I put on pr4s and had about 5k on them when I sold the bike. I think I will change the tires prior to the trip regardless of wear so that's one less worry. Will probably do the chain too.

Finally got the panels off for painting, black screws and clips on a black bike do not make it easy to find some of them.

My buddy Steve and I rode down to the Fort Gates Ferry in the Welaka State Forest and took the ferry across to the Ocala National Forest then did some riding on forest roads. It's a small ferry with room for just two cars. Plenty of room for two motorcycles. The sandy clayforest roads were potholed and rutted in places but we did just fine.

Got in an easy 150 miles of country roads today. Zen riding, just mellowing out. Stopped for a soda and some crackers at a country store. Fellow asked my about the NC. Told me about his motocrossing days. Scars on both wrists from compound fractures. .

Temp in the high 50's. Loving the NC.

added the 12v plug

140fc7c4894ab6a116becd5958be93f8.jpg

Misterk I'm looking at getting the tusk risers like yours. I wanted to ask just to make sure you didn't have any issues with the cables and what are you riding?

rippin, i have the dct, no issues at all. it is amazing what 1.2" will do regarding comfort.

the bolts from tusk even worked and the spacing was perfect.

i dont know if there is an industry standard, but it was like they were made for the nc!

My buddy Steve and I rode down to the Fort Gates Ferry in the Welaka State Forest and took the ferry across to the Ocala National Forest then did some riding on forest roads. It's a small ferry with room for just two cars. Plenty of room for two motorcycles. The sandy clayforest roads were potholed and rutted in places but we did just fine.

Dave, is that you on that NC700X. I thought that you had traded it in for a Triumph for a deal you couldn't turn down?
Or is this just an OLD picture of Steve and you? Don't you ride the Triumph on forest outings?
Is that Steve on the white Beemer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back