• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2016: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Expensive Learning Experience

He upgraded again to a DCT version of NC700.
That's a round about way to get a new version of a new bike.:p
Smart decision!:eek:
ENJOY!:cool:

ALSO: Dave since you sold your Sargent Seat, what kind, BRAND, of seat are you using on you new NC700 bike?

Last edited:
Thanks for the updates

670cc,
Thanks for the attached reads so that I can catch up on what's been happening.
Last year my wife had some unexpected health problems and spent about 8 weeks in two different hospitals. I fell behind on my reads of the Forum.
She's much improved now and our lives are returning more to normal.
So I'll try to stay current.

670cc,
Thanks for the attached reads so that I can catch up on what's been happening.
Last year my wife had some unexpected health problems and spent about 8 weeks in two different hospitals. I fell behind on my reads of the Forum.
She's much improved now and our lives are returning more to normal.
So I'll try to stay current.

Sorry to hear that, but I'm glad the situation is improving. I hope your wife recovers.

That's a round about way to get a new version of a new bike.:p
Smart decision!:eek:
ENJOY!:cool:

ALSO: Dave since you sold your Sargent Seat, what kind, BRAND, of seat are you using on you new NC700 bike?
As soon as I got the 2015 I bought another Sargent seat. With the experience I had on the 2012 I knew some of the things I wanted right away. Seat, suspension, windshield, etc.

Last winter my wife had a similar experience....two hospitals, nine weeks, three in ICU. Miracles walk among us!

Broke my coldest riding record this morning. It use to be 14F, now it is 9F. Took about 10 seconds of cranking for the engine to start. 6.5 miles, highest speed was 69mph, about 10 min. ride to work.

My bike was covered with ice after my commute home. I tried to attach a pic, but it would not post right side up, no matter what I tried.

Last edited:
Wow that's crazy cold, I'm in central California the coldest I've ridden is the high 20's for a hour long ride to work and I've got heated grips, it was hours before I was thawed out

Turbo you can see the ice in your pic, it just looks like a bad tint job at first glance

On Thursday, January 21st, I did a 160 mile ride loop in SW Idaho. The temperature was in the low 40s, but with little to no sun and 20 mph winds, it was still rather cold. I would like to get some heated gloves or heated grips, though (preferably both.)

I only averaged about 55 mpg on this ride, but with the winds and fairly high speeds (65 mph most of the way and 80 mph for the last 40 miles or so), that's probably not unexpected.

All in all, it was a good ride.

Got my tutoro oiler on Tuesday and my tusk riser on Wednesday, just put them on today

22f9298fe35d3a34bdad3b919bb468a7.jpg

7e29e891cd99a239d5e05a5c2a8a137a.jpg

0918d8f519aee9a5b92d18886d386348.jpg

Nice.
So when it is sitting it does not flow I guess. The valve works on "bumps"?
I have read some things online but have not found what is a "normal" rate of oil usage. cc per hour? (normal paved roads)

The Tutoro is one of my favorite additions to my NCX. It only flows when moving and you can control the flow rate to suit your needs.
It's stupid simple to use. (Which is needed for me.)
The ice covered NCX pic proves the stupid part, because I didn't check the weather forecast before I left for work that morning.
I have a feeling that my guardian angel will be kicking my butt when I get to heaven.

c98c8edf1f371ce8a58c2052d3d84667.jpg

The picture above shows the bracket to far forward. I installed the bracket to far from the fork where the oil comes out, gave it to much wiggle room. Worked going forward but backing the bike up after parking messed up the position. Had to move the bracket almost 2" back. Works perfect now

Last edited:
I have a Tutoro also. It is an excellent piece of kit. It seems to always meter just the correct amount of oil, whereas the Scottoiler I had previously used on one of my KTM's always made a mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back