• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2016: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rockymountainatv.com part # 1274820002, cost 20.99. Direct bolt up, took me like 10 minutes to install. Bike feels much nicer form now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Strapped my new Airhawk to the seat. (Planning a good long ride tomorrow). Checked the oil and coolant. Pulled the lower cowl off to try and clean it better. It was the first time I've removed one of the panels.
I also 'borrowed' some red metal valve caps from my son's bmx that he doesn't use. They look much better on my NC than they did on his.
Finally, I realised I do have a NC700SA when I learned the "A" refers to ABS.

I "installed" a voltmeter/thermometer on the NC dash today. It simply plugs into a cig lighter outlet. This was a quick and easy solution versus wiring in a permanent thermometer. I doubt this unit is any bit waterproof, but it would be easy to pull off and toss in the frunk. The 12 volt outlet was already there, and rarely used for anything else.

It reads the temperature from a sensor on a short, stiff wire on it's bottom side.

Cost was $12 (US). When shopping for one, be aware that most are reading out in *C (as well they should) and none seem to be selectable between *C and *F. Mine reads *F and it came from Amazon.

100_9902.jpg100_9907.jpg100_9910.jpg

Last edited:
I bet you have a disposable rubber glove that you could bring with you to slip over the digital display unit. Just a helpful suggestion:).

So was back in the warehouse, move the NC to the corner and must have set the side stand on a slick spot, because no more than 10 seconds after I turned around...BOOM. Bike was on its side.

Good thing the cases and engine guard did their jobs, I guess.

So was back in the warehouse, move the NC to the corner and must have set the side stand on a slick spot, because no more than 10 seconds after I turned around...BOOM. Bike was on its side.

Good thing the cases and engine guard did their jobs, I guess.

The "What did you not want to do to/with your NC700 today" thread is just down the hall, on your left.

;) :D :D

hee hee sorry mate :eek:

Rode to work in 27F, no heated clothing. I did find some old hand warmers in a drawer and put those under my silk glove liners, worked well. I might just have to buy some more of those and ride more often. That and the madstad is great!!!

My commute is 22 minutes, 20 of those at 70mph.

Rode to work in 27F, no heated clothing. I did find some old hand warmers in a drawer and put those under my silk glove liners, worked well. I might just have to buy some more of those and ride more often. That and the madstad is great!!!

My commute is 22 minutes, 20 of those at 70mph.

Can not do that at my age, many of the metal joints would have frozen up!

Pulled the wheels off last night and today took them and new tires to the dealer for mounting. Tonight put the wheels back on with new Bridgestone T30 Evos.

The OEM Dunlops went 5,745 miles with maybe a few hundred miles left on them. Not bad considering the rear tire when new measured just 5/32" tread depth. The Evos start at 5/32" front and 8/32" rear.

Installed Madstad, Givi engine guards, Givi bag mounts, v35 bags, and luggage rack with backrest.
Will post pictures when I figure out how. Center stand , hand guards and heated grips on the way.
Went for a ride to adjust my shield height and angle. I can't get over how much fun this thing is to ride
for a supposedly dull slow bike.

Pulled the wheels off last night and today took them and new tires to the dealer for mounting. Tonight put the wheels back on with new Bridgestone T30 Evos.

These are great tires, I have a set on NaNCy now. I was a firm believer in the Bridgestone BT023s, however they were discontinued. I was guided to the T30s and I was not disappointed with them. I am sure that you will not be either...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back