• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2016: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh you guys make me feel better about those oops moments lol. I just had a misstep while backing down the driveway this morning ended in me breaking my foot peg I just put on a month or two ago, luckily they're only $12. And I second the barkbusters, is nice to not mess up your handle bars

Just finished installing my new rear shock. Hardest part was trying to take off, then put back on the plastics. I did end up with an extra clip, not sure where that was supposed to go.

I got a good deal on a heated jacket, so installed the battery lead and it is ready to go. Just in time for Alabama Summer !!!!
lol :eek:

Awesome! It got down high fifties low sixties here tonight so I tried my liners out under my mesh while doing 80mph and they get real nice and cozy. I got the warmnsafe brand which will give you a huge discount if you use code advrider or advforum on their site. :)

So my state has a bunch of 'Rustic Roads' that are quite scenic, lightly travelled and with lots of natural features etc...

There's an award program if you ride 10 or ride 25 of them and get a special certificate from the DOT. You have to take photos of your bike with the sign.

Tonight I did 3 of them but the last two were too dark for pictures:

017d212338032570e516c0340638f17c.jpg

Link: Wisconsin Department of Transportation Rustic Roads Motorcycle Tour

Last edited:
So my state has a bunch of 'Rustic Roads' that are quite scenic, lightly travelled and with lots of natural features etc...

There's an award program if you ride 10 or ride 25 of them and get a special certificate from the DOT. You have to take photos of your bike with the sign.

Tonight I did 3 of them but the last two were too dark for pictures:

017d212338032570e516c0340638f17c.jpg

Link: Wisconsin Department of Transportation Rustic Roads Motorcycle Tour
anyone know if California has a similar program I like the idea

Had a beautiful ride into work today. Now, keeping fingers crossed I can jump out a little early and beat the parade setup before they close the streets I need to use to get home.

Had a beautiful ride into work today. Now, keeping fingers crossed I can jump out a little early and beat the parade setup before they close the streets I need to use to get home.

I was in Louisville for the NRA convention last month. I got lost half a dozen times WITH GPS. The last thing y'all need is a parade to make it worse, LOL.

I mad a big loop around the lake to give the Sargent seat a good workout. (About 130 miles)
It is a big improvement, but not perfect. It does not seem to let you move around much.

It was very hot towards the end of the ride, but I was fine as long as I was moving.

I tried to see the Daryl Starbird custom car museum, but it was locked with a sign that said, "Go to the house." I did and no one answered. I guess it was lunch time.

1.jpg
Rode this 300 km (185 mile) trip to the lake and back

2.jpg

3.jpg
Stopped under this bridge to eat my sandwich

4.jpg

5.jpg

1.jpg
Lake Huron, Goderich Ontario

2.jpg
Birdfoot Trefoil - Lotus corniculatus

This wildflower was originally named by early settlers to Canada who named it 'trefoil' because of its three leaves and 'birdfoot' for obvious reasons.
A member of the Pea family, Birdfoot is found in waste places, roadsides and lawns.
Birdfoot is an alien plant having been transported to Canada by early settlers.

Beautiful!

I checked over the fluids, adjusted the brake handle and generally puttered. I also spent some time figuring out a graceful way to get my short people leg over the bike :D

After procrastinating as long as I could, I finally crawled up under the rear wheel and opened access to the turn signal & license light wiring connections. I wanted to double check everything was good with my trailer wiring connections. Wiring had not been hooked up for the new LED brake and tail lights to the trailer yet, so that was next. I tapped into the license lamp wire to use for the trailers taillight and then spliced into the LED brake wire a tap for the trailer brake light, and lastly stuck a LED conversion red brake/taillight bulb into the trailers light.

The trailer lights worked correctly, so I went for a short ride to test them on the road. So far so good. Tomorrow I will pack for my trip to Colorado & then arriving up at the Custer battlefield for the 140th anniversary next Saturday.

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back