• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2016: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
c1f9b5d83d21e8e4c28a87c0c5f6cea0.jpg

Ibereregg : simple ride and small lunch.
Pumpkin soup.
Can u spot my bike?

3de282ad693b0d8a7edf6110cb6ae774.jpg

Sent from my LG-D955 using Tapatalk

While getting ready for my upcoming trip to western Kentucky for deer hunting, leaving next week, I checked the odometer and took her in for a 20/24 thousand mile service (the trip to Stecoah, NC last month added 7,500 miles). The miles have really racked up on a bike not yet six months out of the crate!

I'm still planning on our trip to the southern tip of SA next March with OCR & friends, got a new passport with extra visa pages on the way. I can see my Moto-Mule trailer becoming our 'support van', with a special function if OCR's knees have a problem.

IMG_4612.JPG

Ray

My favorite time of the year, weather is great, leaves are beautiful and I have a broken left leg as of Oct. 13. Operation date to plate and pin it is Nov. 2. So since Oct. 13th, neither bike has been ridden, just cranked to keep lubricated and battery up. Will be 6 wks. after surgery before they put a boot on and then probably several weeks before they allow weight on the foot. By that time it will be Valentines. Big bike fell on my leg when front wheel slipped off broken pavement on a back road. Sort of like "Laugh In" comedy show on TV (for you older guys) when comedian Arte Johnson rode a tricycle and at the end of skit he just fell over. No damage to cruiser, just my leg. So to all of you riders, things can happen when you are almost standing still. Ride safe.

Hate hearing about your misfortune. I sympathize. I'm having a shoulder replacement in November, had hernia surgery in Late August..missed a lot.of riding time

My favorite time of the year, weather is great, leaves are beautiful and I have a broken left leg as of Oct. 13. Operation date to plate and pin it is Nov. 2. So since Oct. 13th, neither bike has been ridden, just cranked to keep lubricated and battery up. Will be 6 wks. after surgery before they put a boot on and then probably several weeks before they allow weight on the foot. By that time it will be Valentines. Big bike fell on my leg when front wheel slipped off broken pavement on a back road. Sort of like "Laugh In" comedy show on TV (for you older guys) when comedian Arte Johnson rode a tricycle and at the end of skit he just fell over. No damage to cruiser, just my leg. So to all of you riders, things can happen when you are almost standing still. Ride safe.

I am self employed, your situation would be a financial disaster for me. Shows how we take simple things for granted, like walking. Take care. Easy on the drugs. Catch up on your reading.

Looks like my Africa Twin Dakar DCT will be here tommorow. November 21st the quacks put in my new left knee. Have another small operation on December 7th. So, we will be off to Argentina. Maybe even across a lot of water also? If you ride an Africa Twin only logical that you just got to go to Africa!

Large Handscreens from Interlocking Floormat

Going to test these muthas out soon since I tend to ride the dualsport especially in the colder weather. Will fit either my NC or my WR. 4 short pieces of double-sided velcro that go to the handguards' aluminum bars, and two quick release straps I made that slip in between the perch and bars to provide some curvature on the interlocking floor mat material (I bought at Costco, available elsewhere as well). I cut each to to 18" long and 12" wide at outside ends and 11" on the inside, then rounded the corners slightly. The handscreens clear most (all?) windscreens and all bodywork at full lock.

31627882202_80eea813fc_o.jpg

31774614935_0151091d39_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Fear not, OCR will be on the Africa Queen.

I'm getting jealous.
While getting ready for my upcoming trip to western Kentucky for deer hunting, leaving next week, I checked the odometer and took her in for a 20/24 thousand mile service (the trip to Stecoah, NC last month added 7,500 miles). The miles have really racked up on a bike not yet six months out of the crate!

I'm still planning on our trip to the southern tip of SA next March with OCR & friends, got a new passport with extra visa pages on the way. I can see my Moto-Mule trailer becoming our 'support van', with a special function if OCR's knees have a problem.

View attachment 31666

Ray

Large Handscreens from Interlocking Floormat

Going to test these muthas out soon since I tend to ride the dualsport especially in the colder weather. Will fit either my NC or my WR. 4 short pieces of double-sided velcro that go to the handguards' aluminum bars, and two quick release straps I made that slip in between the perch and bars to provide some curvature on the interlocking floor mat material (I bought at Costco, available elsewhere as well). I cut each to to 18" long and 12" wide at outside ends and 11" on the inside, then rounded the corners slightly. The handscreens clear most (all?) windscreens and all bodywork at full lock.
OK, testing at 40F using gloves without gauntlets; I normally don't wear these gloves below 60F except for slower off-road travel. I ran a fair amount at 70-75 mph, and a mile+ at 80, and some more at 55-65. I Didn't get cold hands. It's quite the step above the Barkbuster Storm cups for wind chill protection -- and sidewinds are knocked back too thanks to the curve at the ends. The handscreens didn't move around or flutter at all at 80 mph. They'd probably be fine at 90 too, but no opportunity to find out. I'd say they are a success!

Incidentally I hit 10,017 miles on the odometer and the Bridgestone Battlax BT023 tires are pretty much done with the wear bars. Not bad!

Last edited by a moderator:

Sorry as hell to hear that...must have been a pretty ugly break. Hopefully you're good as new by the time warm weather rolls back around.

IMG_0012.jpgIMG_0013.jpgI rode to Springdale, Arkansas for 4,000 mile service.
Lunch at Jose's next door.
They had two Africa Twins, including a DCT in the box.
They also make Goldwing trikes.
IMG_0011.jpg

Finally bit the bullet and bought the Honda side bags and the one additional kit to mount them. The Honda top box has been on for over 2 years and really have gotten my use out of it. If you add up the total combined storage of the frunk and bags, I think that I have more cargo area than an Audi R8!

Jumped the ncx over a railroad crossing. Kind of fun, but the bike gave me a spanking. (Picked my butt up but apparently not enough) I also managed to get the front wheel in the air... it was like 2 inches and to get that I had to sit on the back seat and abuse the clutch in 1st gear.

Other than that went for a ride looking for dirt roads.

On Friday I ordered a MadStad Windshield 22" in clear. Also ordered a HondaBikePro rear seat replacement rack with gas hole!

Finally replaced the bolts for the Givi crash bars. Was not too difficult but for anyone else who plans to do it...just get the longer bolts and do it one time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back