• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2016: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 31561
Here is another view of the bike showing the rider. It is styled like a sport bike, with a very deep seat. It has Nissin brakes, and very powerful looking ones!

Their website has all the specs etc.

They are going to Kansas City tomorrow, leaving Joplin about 9 a.m. if anyone wants to ride along or join at either end.

https://www.storm-eindhoven.com/

Last edited:
Beautiful!
Around here the best fall foliage is in Carthage, Missouri, but they are not quite at peak yet.

1.jpg

I normally burn the cheaper Regular fuel with 10% Ethanol, but last night I filled up with no Ethanol Premium in preparation for winter storage.

Installed the tech spec tank pads. The was a thread a while ago about it and how the frunk lid pushes one of the pads out of the way. That wasn't the case for me. They look good and and help me feel more secure on the bike.

The Cenex stations in the immediate area USED to carry ethanol free in all three classes. Oh well. In carb'd machines it bothered me a lot more than in FI ones.

I put a Madstad windshield on my bike, I got it from Forum Member inditx. He lives on the western edge of the KC area and I'm at the eastern edge so we met about half way and made an exchange my stock screen and some cash for his Madstad. I've done a couple of rides with it now and it's definitely quieter than the Puig I had on there. I never really had any buffeting with the Puig just wind noise, when I would stand of the pegs it was quieter in the wind stream than when setting. Now I can hear the engine running.

universal handlebar risers

Installed my new universal handlebar risers. It took just over 10 days for these to arrive from China after placing the order, $29.89 shipped. Nicely made, strong and clean, good bolts too. They give 1-3/8" back and 2" up. Plenty of room to clear any (most?) windshields with Barkbusters installed on the bars at probably any practical angle. I flipped the swivel brace attachments on my Barkbusters to get a nicer cable fit (though that banjo bolt on the reservoir kinda limits Barkbuster angle adjustment somewhat -- not the risers' fault. : \). I'd recommend these at twice the price, which is still saving money compared to other products that aren't any better.

Universal Alumium Handlebar Riser Clamp Taper Black

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Do a little research on the links from that site before heading out, the closest one shown to where I am is now closed.

Might save yourself a long trip for nothing.

Do a little research on the links from that site before heading out, the closest one shown to where I am is now closed.

Might save yourself a long trip for nothing.

Availability used to be seasonal at the two stations near me that carry it. The closer one of the two now carries it year-round.

I rode to Arma, Kansas to try the new All American Grill. Food was good, parking lot was big soft gravel.
IMG_0007.jpg

Went by the Pittsburg moto dealers. Beautiful FJR at Hatfield Powersports. If I wanted a bigger bike for long distances, I like that one.
Nice used Goldwing at the Honda dealer.

Then over to Carthage, Missouri to check the colors on the maple trees. They still need another week to be at their best.
IMG_0006.jpg

Ice cream at Braum's. Good day.

About 170 miles.

Checked out the lever and handlebar angles on my new risers riding in 40-degree weather, found that I have even more range of riding positions/postures available now, as well as more latitude in stand-up positioning. Wet roads, but didn't rain on me until I left Glacier NP and headed home, where it got pretty nasty. Great day though, stayed dry and warm, just need to figure out how to do better with the visibility when it's damp and cool.

flickr.com/photos/greenboy667/30182897720/in/dateposted/

30182897720_aeb9ab4868_h.jpg

well its that time to prepare and sell the bike.
during the course of this coming week I'll be cleaning,checking etc ,
and of course remove the chain oiler as I will be using that on my next bike.
its been a good bike sure I'll miss the auto and frunk but it time to move on.
if for some reason I can't live with the new tracer 700 I'll most likely go back to the nc but the s model.

Completely blue sky with bright fall colors. I rode all back roads (without center lines) with curves and woods on the way to work, taking nearly 3 hours and 140 miles instead of the normal 1 hour 60 mile freeway commute. Decided not to stay long in the office.
I plan to trailer my NC to Gatlinburg, Tennessee on Monday for 3 days of riding around... a first opportunity for me.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

A dry 40-degree day today, with hazy sun available, so I played around more with the extra latitude my risers give to get the handlebars, perches, cables and Barkbuster Storm cups right the way I want (left side has the inner assembly flipped over, the right side has just the swivel allen-head flipped to allow easier tightening wihtout moving anything). Now the cups let a little more wind flow over the top, and less wind flows around the fingers. The adjustable levers are rulin', very easy to get the results I want with cold-weather gloves or summer gloves. Finally, the bars are set at an angle that gives a wider range of comfortable positions with great feel/control, swept back further and I can still stand up without even a slight hunch. Those cheap risers are way too good for the price -- in fact they are nigh unto perfect!

Took the NC out then to make sure everything was rightest, and everything felt thoroughly sorted. After about 60 miles of pleasant skies I hit some fog for 40 miles that seemed like it dropped the temperature about 10 degrees instantly, was kind of wishing I had heated grips, or even better winter gloves. But when I finally headed back I got into some upper 40s weather and hung out for awhile at a roadhouse out on their sun deck overlooking a river, before heading home satisfied. Think I'm within a few miles of 10,000 miles on the odometer and tires, not bad for day riding since mid-July : }

...Colors were great:

flickr.com/photos/greenboy667/29881913314/in/album-72157638487130993/

29881913314_5bf2d41fa8_h.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Checked out the lever and handlebar angles on my new risers riding in 40-degree weather, found that I have even more range of riding positions/postures available now, as well as more latitude in stand-up positioning. Wet roads, but didn't rain on me until I left Glacier NP and headed home, where it got pretty nasty. Great day though, stayed dry and warm, just need to figure out how to do better with the visibility when it's damp and cool.

flickr.com/photos/greenboy667/30182897720/in/dateposted/

30182897720_aeb9ab4868_h.jpg

That is gorgeous! We just spent the weekend in the redwoods and it really makes me jealous of where you get to ride!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back