• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2016: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I rode into work this morning. My normal commute via the superslab thru Louisville. I didn't ride this weekend; I was able to start some of my revenge against the 4 legged forest rats this weekend-that is what happens when they knock me off my C50 Boulevard:

Finally made it home from the HU at Ironhorse. Took a couple of detours on the way, and had to make a run for home on Friday from Cortez, CO. Left about 10am Friday with the knowledge that a big storm was due to hit the Oregon coast Saturday morning. Rode all day and all nite, trying to make it home before the big storm was due to hit. 24 hours riding, 1,290 miles, last four hours in a drizzle, made it home just before the sky began to fall and it started snowing in the passes. I really appreciated my heated RDL!

Ray

Finally got around to installing a SAE-to-battery pigtail into my frunk and have the battery tender lead hanging down to my NC parking space ready to go...

Was out testing some recent mods. (Suspension, exhaust,windscreen)

myncculverscropped_zps5wn9a8qk.jpg

Installed my EVO ring tank bag adapter. Why do you ask, since I have no tank bag? Well, it's an open door to buying a tank bag I guess :D

IMG_3946.jpg

Also installed my first super-cheap rad-guard. Cost me less than CAD15 at Canadian Tire: a Masterchef BBQ grill rack (Master Chef® BBQ Grill Rack | Canadian Tire). Color/finish perfect for the bike, just not totally happy with the wire I used to secure it to the frame, I'll probably change that for some black electrical wire instead.

fullsizeoutput_8511.jpgIMG_3942.jpgIMG_3943.jpgIMG_3944.jpgIMG_3945.jpg

Luv the radiator guard and the strip LED lights.

I added my Puig engine guards, then hose clamped my Highway Blaster horns off the debunk ST1100. All wired thru a 3p amp relay thru the stock horn wiring, sound like a Buick. Added a fuse holder at the battery terminals with additional spade connectors both positions. And ground for additional farkles.

More to come...

Installed my EVO ring tank bag adapter. Why do you ask, since I have no tank bag? Well, it's an open door to buying a tank bag I guess :D

View attachment 31551

Also installed my first super-cheap rad-guard. Cost me less than CAD15 at Canadian Tire: a Masterchef BBQ grill rack (Master Chef® BBQ Grill Rack | Canadian Tire). Color/finish perfect for the bike, just not totally happy with the wire I used to secure it to the frame, I'll probably change that for some black electrical wire instead.

View attachment 31546View attachment 31547View attachment 31548View attachment 31549View attachment 31550
Do the fork legs hit that radiator guard when turned most of the way to either side? There's not much clearance without a guard. Even the thin R&G guard hits the forks.

It looks good though! Heavy duty.

Do the fork legs hit that radiator guard when turned most of the way to either side? There's not much clearance without a guard. Even the thin R&G guard hits the forks.

It looks good though! Heavy duty.

I didn't even pay attention to that, but there's still more than 5mm when the handguards hit the madstad first, and forcing a bit it stops a few mm before anyway.

Not much convinced about the ties I used though, so I'll certainly rewire that today with bigger wire (electrical, black).

IMG_3947.jpgIMG_3948.jpg

Last edited:
I didn't even pay attention to that, but there's still more than 5mm when the handguards hit the madstad first, and forcing a bit it stops a few mm before anyway.

Not much convinced about the ties I used though, so I'll certainly rewire that today with bigger wire (electrical, black).

View attachment 31556View attachment 31557
You might want to put some rubber between the guard and the radiator, I think the vibration could make the guard chew a hole in your radiator. Maybe?

You might want to put some rubber between the guard and the radiator, I think the vibration could make the guard chew a hole in your radiator. Maybe?

The guard itself doesn't touch the radiator. By coincidence the rack is almost the external size of the radiator, but there's still at least 5mm between the radiator's grid and the rack. The top part of the radiator also can't fit more inside the rack, and the bottom part is clear of anything.

Picture is looking up from below.

IMG_3950.jpg

Cool beans, water can go through rock, and all that jazz. It would be a ironic situation to have your guard be the culprit at destroying your radiator, glad to hear that's not a problem. I'm a big fan of cheap mods and I need a radiator guard, I'm going to look into getting that screen.

Cool beans, water can go through rock, and all that jazz. It would be a ironic situation to have your guard be the culprit at destroying your radiator, glad to hear that's not a problem. I'm a big fan of cheap mods and I need a radiator guard, I'm going to look into getting that screen.

I think it would be better if there was a frame to screw it to though, rather than tying it with wires... It looks really cheap currently LOL. (Yet I'm amazed that rack fits so well... maybe the guy designed it for MasterChef as a BBQ rack, yet with the idea of using it as a rad-guard on his NC...!)

IMG_0805.jpgI rode to Joplin to see the round the world electric motorcycle. Impressive! It uses sets of 24 batteries. Each set is about 250 miles or so. It is heavy with all those batteries, but has pretty sporty specs.

There are twelve batteries in each side, the honeycomb pattern you see.

These two young men are mechanical engineering students at Eindhoven, the Netherlands.
I took a picture of rider as well (in full Rev it) gear, and will try to post it. He had ridden it from Dallas that day but did not seem that tired.

If anyone has connections in NYC, they need a place to stay there.

I rode back in the dark, the first time I had ridden more than a mile or so in the dark.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back