• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2016: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I did not do much with my NC. It is still bereft of forks which have been returned to the tech to get the Andreanis sorted. Instead I took out a poor substitute (my KTM) for some trail riding. This was part of a 350km day in fairly low temperatures around 5C. We crossed lots of snow covered countryside which was spectacular but no threat to the ride. Sadly I got no photos of that as we were too committed to keeping moving to get to our destination before dark. At least there is a Honda in the pic :cool:

P1040775.jpg

P1040776.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep looking at this thread and thought I might as well respond. So today I looked at my NC700x just sitting in the garage as it pours down rain. I live in WA state so I get to look at it a lot sitting in the garage. I know some will say ride it in the rain but it's not my cup of tea. I like warm, sun and traction but not necessarily in that order.

I woke her up from hibernation this weekend - she started up and purred like a kitten as if she wasn't sleeping for the winter.
Put my new registration sticker on the plate and up to date documents in the frunk document holder.
Installed a Denali Aux Light mounting bracket and test fit some Aux LED lights (see separate post in NC700 Mods for info) - probably will get a different set of Aux lights to mount instead though.
Weather here in MA looks good on Tues and Wed, so will probably ride to work both those days.

I installed two tool tubes, took my slime air compressor out of the plastic housing and it fits in it. Have a stop and go mushroom plug kit I the other and I'm going to stick some tools in it as well.

My side bag came off the bike going down the HOV lane this morning. Booked it to the next off ramp, buzzed back and ran out to grab it.

The bag's broken but has a lifetime warranty so I'll just be inconvenienced and have to pay for shipping.

I have a video of it from my helmet camera, might get it to show

I installed two tool tubes, took my slime air compressor out of the plastic housing and it fits in it. Have a stop and go mushroom plug kit I the other and I'm going to stick some tools in it as well.

I have tool tubes on my nc7. However, they will explode when in some bad rocks and dirt. Replaced them a few time now.

Just ordered new tires, another set of Pirelli Angle GT's. I was really happy with my current set, and there is still life on them, as I'm around the 10k mile mark. Going to run these down some more but ready or not they are coming off before my 4k+ mile trip in May.

Rode to Dentist first thing this morning. Considered taking a picture for NC tag thread title "least favorite place to ride" but that would be a sadistic tag. 3 hours in the chair was tempered by 60 mile back road route to work. Unfortunately work today kept the dentist chair from being the worst part of the day. Thank God for the NC and weather to enjoy it to take some sting out of life today.

Well, it wasn't my NC, but I did have a bit of a surprise with my Zero yesterday. Quite a while ago I picked up a nail in my rear tire and I used a string plug to patch it and the plug developed a very slow leak so I decided to pull it out and put in a new one. One little problem - I forgot that I had put Ride-on sealant in the tire for a little extra protection along with the plug several thousand miles ago. The plug was lined up perfectly with my face so when I pulled it out with a pair of long nose pliers I got blasted with a small stream of Ride-on smack dab in the kisser. Luckily. I was wearing glasses so it didn't go into my eyes. Had to laugh at myself over that one.

So I rode 16 miles on bicycles, then 133 miles on the NC, nearly all on narrow, oil and chip country roads. I don't think the NC ever went over 3300 RPM. The major highways still have a lot of salt dust on them, so I'll be washing the NC tonight. We need a good rain to clean the roads.

View attachment 28536

I absolutely LOVE the color!!!!! You have GREAT taste!!

Well, it wasn't my NC, but I did have a bit of a surprise with my Zero yesterday. Quite a while ago I picked up a nail in my rear tire and I used a string plug to patch it and the plug developed a very slow leak so I decided to pull it out and put in a new one. One little problem - I forgot that I had put Ride-on sealant in the tire for a little extra protection along with the plug several thousand miles ago. The plug was lined up perfectly with my face so when I pulled it out with a pair of long nose pliers I got blasted with a small stream of Ride-on smack dab in the kisser. Luckily. I was wearing glasses so it didn't go into my eyes. Had to laugh at myself over that one.

So now the question, did the rideon help seal the tire?

So now the question, did the rideon help seal the tire?

Good question - apparently not completely. It was a very slow leak, about half a pound of pressure every two or three days but it was definitely leaking. This makes me wonder about the efficacy of Ride-on AND sticky string plugs. The new plug, which I put in with a large dose of vulcanizing cement, is not leaking at all...yet. If this one leaks I will not use sticky string plugs again.

Got my Cogent goodies yesterday. I assembled the forks, and started replacing the shock last night. I'll finish up today.
406f02bd202179a1b5441d8269071139.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back