• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2016: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing today. Rode 239 miles Thursday and cleaned it up yesterday and rode to get it gassed up. Waiting for rain today and tomorrow. Ride next week. Going to get colder for a couple of nights just below freezing.

Not really the right forum but a few days ago I left the NC in the garage and cheated on her.

I went away with another for a fling I have wanted to go out with for 35 years. I always wanted to do this but it is not a family endeavor. (Cycling was cheap transportation for 15+ years).

Riding was like flying in two dimensions. While I have been on multiple aircraft I never got to fly it. I flew it a bit - 25min. Just the easy part. Just too cool. GAWD I want one for my own.........

Flight cruising along.jpg
Cruising along

Flight Look Ma no hands.jpg

View attachment 28842
Look Ma. No hands!

Last edited:
First ride with my new bike. Prescott Az/Skull Valley loop, about an hour ride. There are some great twisties south of Prescott on Hwy 89. Stopped for ice cream afterwards. Good day.

IMG_5464.jpg

Last edited:
Yesterday I put a Givi 1111FZ rear carrier on the bike with a TMS Top Case. Today I loaded the video onto YouTube.

I fitted a new air filter today after 33,000Kms. Tbh it was not as dirty as I expected it to be and that coincides with my feeling that petrol consumption hadn't dropped much.

I wondered if a change of air filter would make any difference to this bike, other than fuel consumption, especially after the mileage above. Well the answer is that there is a noticeable difference. The engine is running smoother since the change, through the rev range. I have been monitoring it for the past few days and I am now certain of this. Prior to the change I had noticed it being a little rough at times, but no longer.

Rode it to work this morning; it was 53'F. A mile from the house, going around a blind curve, looked like a stag party in an insurance commercial-deer everywhere- at least 2 dozen standing in, on the side of the road, milling around and then frozen with the headlight-beeped the horn and they moved off at a walk-dang forest rats-I have to do better job next deer season and get more than 2.....even if I have to donate the meat...

Put my new to me madstadt screen on - and rode to work - Wow what a difference - I have it on the most leaned and lowest setting for the 24 inch screen - didnt add the deflectors wanted to see what it was like without first - Going on a 230 mile ride saturday, my first longish ride - so will see how the screen and shad seat play out.

Took a quick trip down the shore for the day. Could use about 365 days like this.

d1ebd646d667e919f8e94d4721e30093.jpg
3a109a21fd02884a22d5a5b538b7f2af.jpg
8bbc28b7365e9fbfa519594868a8c7d5.jpg

Primum non Nocere

Rode to Cheaha Mountain (Alabama) today. Highway 49 coming in from the south has some nice curves and elevation changes. If you look at most road maps it looks like highway 281 south out of Cheaha is a dead end but a year or so ago I discovered there is a old apparently un-maintained road, Adams Gap and then Blue Ridge Road that will take you out to Clairmont Springs road. Here is a view going down 281 from Cheaha

IMG_0246-L.jpg

From Clairmont Springs Road I followed Clay County 31 and Highway 49 through Horseshoe Bend Military Park.

IMG_0248-L.jpg

From there 280 to Opelika AL where I stopped at East Alabama Powersports to pick up oil, oil filters (it's a DCT), and o-ring because I knew by the time I got home I knew it would be time for the 600 mile oil change!

I took a blade to the stock torture device. I have a bunch of foam to work with, so I'm going to take a stable at improving the saddle. We'll see how it goes. At worst, I'll be out $60 in foam, some time, and still have to buy an aftermarket seat...
c172c4fffb18d016c786dffc040cc71c.jpg

e97aaa840169aafd826283b6a052e083.jpg

Rode about 180 miles checking out some golf courses and grabbing a bite to eat, temps started in the low 50s F and are low 70s on the return. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back