• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2016: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Filled it with gas for the first time.
Trip meter A says 121.9, bought 1.6 gallons, equals 76 mpg
That is very gentle riding by me, almost completely in D mode.

Filled it with gas for the first time.
Trip meter A says 121.9, bought 1.6 gallons, equals 76 mpg
That is very gentle riding by me, almost completely in D mode.

After 600 miles, my best MPG so far is 71.1 MPG and the worst is 62.1 MPG, averaging 67.2 MPG.
I've been try to fill with 93 ethanol free but sometimes have to get 91 or 91 with %10 ethanol.
I drive around gently in D mode most of the times, but sometimes I screw around with fast takeoffs from lights in S3...

Check out Fuelly, you'll see it in our signatures, etc... The app is called 'GasTracker+' on iPhone.

I added the centerstand and some bark buster storm hand guards. They work without hitting the new screen.

2cf868a534aa40414dd0d7eb9b3e85e7.jpg

I'm curious about the new screen design. Did they actually
cut a hole in the middle? How does it work?
Is it OK to ride in hot weather?

Should I cut my OEM tall screen like this?
right now, with the temp in the upper 80's, not enjoying the lack of air flow.
Was great when it was cold and raining.
I'm thinking I cut the hole now and when winter comes I'll block it with gorilla tape or something.

Picked her up today from the shop. They redid the instrument cluster, using the correct one for the DCT. Also had prior maintenance done (12k miles) along with 16K mile maintenance completed. She rode nice, could tell a couple things were tweaked for the better. The brakes were adjusted, and fluid swapped. I am getting ready to go out and get the clock reset and the instrument settings back to where I like them. I also need to get the stuff back into the frunk that is usually there (tire pressure gauge, air compressor and a few other odds and ends). Gonna take a ride afterwards as well, just because I can.

And because the bike was in for a recall, it covered the labor charges for taking the plastics off for the air filter. Score!

She rode nice, could tell a couple things were tweaked for the better. The brakes were adjusted, and fluid swapped.

Other than adjusting the levers, if they are the adjustable type, hydraulic disk brakes are not adjustable. There is nothing in the master cylinder or the caliper to adjust. Did the dealer actually tell you they "adjusted" the brakes? Maybe they were referring only to the cable operated parking brake?

Last edited:
Ordered nitron shock for the rear, racetech emulators for the front, radiator guard, tkc 80s front and rear. Getting ready to start playing in the dirt.

Ricochet-you have a link for those engine guards. I found a website but it is Ukranian which I don't read or speak...

PM sent

Also the website while you can place an order does not have a complete online store. You place the order with them, they confirm through email and then you have to wire the money via western union.
I was a little worried but after some PMs with user Juggler, I felt ok doing so and it all worked out great.

Thanks Juggler.

I'm curious about the new screen design. Did they actually
cut a hole in the middle? How does it work?
Is it OK to ride in hot weather?

Should I cut my OEM tall screen like this?
right now, with the temp in the upper 80's, not enjoying the lack of air flow.
Was great when it was cold and raining.
I'm thinking I cut the hole now and when winter comes I'll block it with gorilla tape or something.

Yup there's a hole that directs some air behind the instrument panel. I'm finding the screen to be a little short for me and may be ordering a CalSci one if I can confirm the handguards won't hit it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did the 600 mile service today. Changed out the oil, DCT filter/oring and main oil filter and crush washer for the frail bolt.

I can confirm the gorilla Honda uses to affix the oem filter is still employed. I could not get it off with conventional means, trying two different removal tools. They both just slipped and only removed paint on the filter.

I had to get nasty and drilled a screw through my filter wrench and the filter and then used a 2ft breaker bar. Easy preasy lemon squeez... OMG there's oil everywhere what a mess....

607132d40ac0977ed85a46fbe1dce6cf.jpg

3808f151f1224ee153a0369cb0d8d78b.jpg

Well, had a nice evening out with friends, riding a bit, and then, on the way home, poor planning and bad luck with the local weather have me soaked from neck to toe. At least the bike got a wash...

As to the brakes, they changed the fluid. Remember, I am no mechanic, so I dont know the lingo. They felt better, that is all I know.

Changed the oil and filters. Mounted wheel with new rear tire. Reduced the amount of clobber in my bags, dropped 20 pounds of stuff. Washed my riding gear and applied more water repellant. Repacked the cases. Ready for my trip. Leave on the first for parts west.

Hope you have as much, or more, fun than we did.

Are you going to do a ride report? I felt weird doing mine, but it kept a log off my adventures and it outraged me to take more pictures than I probably normally would have.

Yesterday, I rode the Devil's Highway in eastern Arizona. It used to be US-666, though they changed the number a decade or two ago now. First went north in New Mexico, paralleling the Devil's Highway, then over to Alpine, AZ, and then down the highway to Morenci & Clifton. Stayed the night in Safford (AZ) both directions. We had a great time! Beautiful weather, though chilly up in Alpine (it sits at 8,000 ft in a pretty little valley). Brought some mesquite bean jelly home from the store in Alma, New Mexico, too. :)

I tried making a video with my phone's vid cam, but that did not work well at all. :-(

Perhaps I'm about to attach a couple pics here(?):

IMG_0279.jpgIMG_0283.jpgIMG_0285.jpgIMG_0288.jpg

Installed the R & G radiator guard.

I have the swmotech skid guard ready to go, but one thing per day is enough. I had the dealer install the swmotech crash bars, and reading the skid plate instructions it seems like the crash bars will complicate the skid guard installation.

I am sort of a C- wrencher, so I have to space stuff out or I get frustrated.

Oh, and took the wife as pillion for her first time. Kept it down to about two miles and drove very gently.

Last edited:
Replaced stock seat with Shad.
2e33d2061021f934e91277d7f334a62f.jpg

Now to just find some time to go test it out. 5 min around block just won't cut it. *sigh*

Went for a great 400 mile ride today for a burger !!.
From 50 degrees to 38 degrees to 85 degrees and back to 38 and then ending in 60 degrees and sun !!.
6f3cfd73810b97d7b263ec597ea2950f.jpg

947f67e75d60628385e67fdb7e1a2643.jpg

1f92e2e31bcff383224c72e6411383dc.jpg

75d2255679f7f11fe58b578b08a76ffe.jpg

6d2b911765dedcfcafc1fe0cc5205e6e.jpg

3953189ec70476bf8e8f44ec47205e0a.jpg

a9c8afc3628f9740d60ba886dd45d161.jpg

11ff3dac58afb3006779da0fa395c708.jpg

Live life,be yourself !!!!.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.