• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2016: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
8d765d0599bc9ab6f4dc764e30aad3a3.jpg

Short ride. 2hours, about 100km.

Sent from my LG-D955 using Tapatalk

Nice blue sky.

My wife hopped on the back and we rode around Grand Lake, about 110 miles. Our longest ride together so far.
It was about 85, much more reasonable than the past week.

I learned two important lessons today; first beware the shoulder of gravels roads after a heavy rain, they are very soft. I already knew this having grown-up on gravels roads but for some reason today I thought this fact didn't apply. Second don't carry any hard objects (ie, cell phones) in your jackets chest pocket. I don't think I broke any ribs buy they are at least bruised and quite tender.

OK, I re-learned a third thing...Throttle is your friend and don't be afraid to use it, like I was.

belrix

Soft Sholder.jpg

Rode in to work today, and the temp was near perfect. I dont think the ride home will be the same. But as the rest of the week looks like crap for weather, I'll take it.

I learned two important lessons today; first beware the shoulder of gravels roads after a heavy rain, they are very soft. I already knew this having grown-up on gravels roads but for some reason today I thought this fact didn't apply. Second don't carry any hard objects (ie, cell phones) in your jackets chest pocket. I don't think I broke any ribs buy they are at least bruised and quite tender.

OK, I re-learned a third thing...Throttle is your friend and don't be afraid to use it, like I was.

belrix

View attachment 30683
It's true. When on gravel, it is easier to right the bike when you power it through with good throttle control.
When in doubt, gas it.

Stay safe. [emoji13]

Sent from my LG-D955 using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear about the drop, berlix. It rained hard! At least that probably means the ground was soft.

I know I shouldn't carry my phone in the chest pocket, but you know, that's what it is designed for. Plus I need to be able to get to it when I pull over at a Pokestop.

I bruised my ribs when I dropped my first bike practicing braking. That is what led me to buy an air bag vest. I had full gear on when I fell, but no rib protection.

I rode my NC to work like I do pretty much every day. Today however the odometer rolled over 40,000 miles. Time for some maintenance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I rode my NC to work like I do pretty much every day. Today however the odometer rolled over 40,000 miles. Time for some maintenance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm less then a week away from 40,000 miles also, getting my oil and filter tomorrow and maybe a new battery (still have the factory 2012 battery)

Throwback Thursday

Throwback Thursday (for some reason this never posted when I opened an account here when I bought my NCX):

Bootsy wanted to go out for a spin on my new ride the moment I brougth it home. I told him he can't because he doesn't watch for oncoming vehicles, and tends to scratch the seat up. Maybe he needs to take the Motorcycle Safety Foundation beginner course, and get some leather riding mitts.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/greenboy667/28299674323/in/album-72157671403283132/

28299674323_0b68b32d18_o.jpg

Throwback Thursday (for some reason this never posted when I opened an account here when I bought my NCX):

Bootsy wanted to go out for a spin on my new ride the moment I brougth it home. I told him he can't because he doesn't watch for oncoming vehicles, and tends to scratch the seat up. Maybe he needs to take the Motorcycle Safety Foundation beginner course, and get some leather riding mitts.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/greenboy667/28299674323/in/album-72157671403283132/

28299674323_0b68b32d18_o.jpg
cat on top decat and nice exhaust on bottom :)

Changed my oil, put the plastic parts of my barkbusters back on and took most of the parts off to check my valves in the morning when the motor is all cooled down. Tomorrow valve adjustment and my NC700X gets its first wash

Hit 40,000, miles on Wed, changed my oil yesterday and now I'm going to check/adjust my valves (now that the engine is cold)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back