• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2016: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
After sitting a while in the water there is a possibility that water will have gotten past the axle dust seals and will be sitting trapped inside them. For that reason I suggest pulling off the wheels asap and checking that aspect. I got caught in a similar situation on an XR 400 and the wheel bearings packed up a few months later. There was moisture and indeed some rust inside the dust seals but it had eventually made its way inside the bearing seals.

Which is why I never go LOOKING for long stretches of deeper water. If I have to do crossings and big puddles, fine -- but that's just to get to the other side.

Did a ~170 mile ride, first ride with fog of the season. Fog was only about 10-15 miles and not too heavy, glad I put the vStream on though it was soaked.

Rode to work, working on getting the last bit of knobs worn down. I was going to wait till next year to put on new tires, but with the way the weather is, I might have to put on a new set this month. I'm on TKC 80's right now with no plans on going back to them. Not bad tires, I just don't see the dirt enough to really need them. Most 80/20 tires cost a little more than I want to spend right now. I can do a set of the conti-motions for about the same price of a rear 80/20.

decisions decisions.

Test rode the NC after installing a MadStad clear 22" windshield. WOW did it quite down the bike, and the buffeting. Now I can hear all the engine mechanical sounds and the chain, but my 2 Brothers Exhaust is way too loud now.

Anybody want to trade mufflers? :cool:

Last edited:
Put on my Corbin seats from AnacortesArmyGuy. Looks nice; anticipating comfort better than OEM seat.

I rode over to Tiff City, Missouri in pursuit of twisties on my new Michelin Pilot 4 rear.

I took EE east to K, then south to 90. K is sort of the high road along ridges, 90 is often along a river.

Lunch at the Jane Store in Jane, Missouri. A nice general store with herbs, pasta, etc.

I had a turkey sandwich.

IMG_0023.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg

Last edited:
Ordered a set of shinko 705s... hardest part was finding a front in stock. Then ordered from two different places to save about $3 lol.

I rode over to Tiff City, Missouri in pursuit of twisties on my new Michelin Pilot 4 rear.

I took EE east to K, then south to 90. K is sort of the high road along ridges, 90 is often along a river.

Lunch at the Jane Store in Jane, Missouri. A nice general store with herbs, pasta, etc.

I had a turkey sandwich.

View attachment 31718

View attachment 31719

Pies ice cream and cookies. Oh my!:rolleyes:

Test rode the NC after installing a MadStad clear 22" windshield. WOW did it quite down the bike, and the buffeting. Now I can hear all the engine mechanical sounds and the chain, but my 2 Brothers Exhaust is way too loud now.

Anybody want to trade mufflers? :cool:

I'd be happy to give you my oem for a two bros ;)

We are getting screwed on our fall colors in Louisville this year... Either green, brown, or on the ground.
Seems to be the theme throughout.
The Cherahola Parkway was not lookin' any better.
Now I'm kinda glad did not plan a BlueRidge Pkwy ride this year.

Seems to be the theme throughout.
The Cherahola Parkway was not lookin' any better.
Now I'm kinda glad did not plan a BlueRidge Pkwy ride this year.

As fast as you drove the Cherahola Parkway, how would you had even had time to look at the leaves. The best colors for leaves has always been and will always be in New Hamshire and Maine. Great ride, but does require electric clothing. I still have not ridden the Mount Washington Cog Railway, so to fulfill my bucket list I must take another trip up there next year.

I removed the SAE lead I had run into the trunk and replaced with one with a fuse.

I used the one from the tender and never worried about it not having an inline fuse because the tender has a fuse. But I decided it was better to replace it with a fused line in case I ever used the SAE lead for something else.

Rode this 185 km loop to the lake and back.

1.JPG

2.jpg

Deer Creek Conservation Area

3.jpg

4.jpg

Down to the wear bars, new tires are on order.

5.jpg

Madstad windshield really improves the ride.

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

Lake Erie

IMG_0052-P_zpswnvxvp5s.jpg

Those new NC's sure look sharp....

All I did to mine today was ride it to work, again. Haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back