• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2016: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
e565c33af7b231417b80b0235c23aff9.jpg

94be288de04a47b070f0b70a4231c735.jpg

I'm jealous! I was up in the mountains shooting and wish I could have stayed the night.

Got the new tires on it today. Now it will probably freeze the rest of the year. My TKC's wore kind of odd, well I think it's odd. Where it's two legs in the center, they were shorter than where it was one lug...the lugs where also worn at an angle.

In a way that wear pattern makes some sense. If you're running straight down pavement with normal street pressure , when the center block is the contact patch, it's a whole square block bearing the load. But, when the twin blocks are in contact with the road, perhaps just the edges of the two blocks are bearing the whole load, so they wear more than the single big block.

I ordered a number plate bag for my WR250R after experimenting last summer using a fanny pack up in front of the forks. The concept worked marvelously though the fanny pack didn't fit quite right and needed a lot of heavy zip ties to keep it in place. But it does help with the weight distribution, especially for WOT highway travel. I've been keeping my tools up there, along with a few other items. http://dirt-bike-gear.com Number Plate Bag

npbLarge.jpg

At the same time I ordered another tool wrap from them, so my Honda Honey loves me all the more --

dirt-bike-gear.com Tool Wrap

grayWrapLarge.jpg

Left western Kentucky after hunting with friends on opening day of deer season, got my biggest buck yet.

View attachment 31787

Packed up and headed to Amarillo, 957 miles later arrived and spent the nite. Heading back to Oregon now.

https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=12b88581a3e3b4d788&hoursPast=0&showAll=yes

Ray

The Buck seems to have a serious injury to his left rear leg. Perhaps the aftermath of a snare ?

It has been interesting tracking you across the USA. Quite a trip.

A local NC rider told me he was really impressed with the Avon Trailriders for 80/20 and wet weather use after using a lot of other 90/10-80-20 tires, so I got a set. I put about 100 miles on them today to get them scrubbed in. Soon as we have a nice day (today was just nasty and cold and wet) and I get another 100 or so in, I'll take pictures. Right now the best observation I can offer up during the wear-in is that with the same tire pressure as the Battlax Bt023 I got 10,000 miles out of, they absorb bumps a lot better and deal with tar snakes with less drama...

Last edited by a moderator:
A local NC rider told me he was really impressed with the Avon Trailriders for 80/20 and wet weather use, so I got a set. I put about 100 miles on them today to get them scrubbed in. Soon as we have a nice day (today was just nasty and cold and wet) and I get another 100 or so in, I'll take pictures. Right now the best observation I can offer up during the wear-in is that with the same tire pressure they absorb bumps a lot better and deal with tar snakes with less drama...

That's good to know. Those tar snakes are all over and sliding out on one isn't fun

That's good to know. Those tar snakes are all over and sliding out on one isn't fun

Yeah, we have a lot of road breakup here due to so many freeze-thaw cycles, and tar snakes are increasingly being used by road crews who aren't too particular about glopping it all over the place. I think their bucket's got a hole in it
; }

I posted a new video on a twisty in my area. My youtube channel is Oklahoma Hank.

There are no political comments, banjos, or police chases.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xw5TxwPqpmM

Then I rode over to Seneca to get started on the next twisty video. The upload took something like five hours.

IMG_0043.jpg

Then I redid my SW Motech handguard installation, and it went well.

Tomorrow is predicted to be very windy, over 35 mph, so I may use that day to install the Madstad windshield.

Then I will need a new Go Pro mount, as I am using the Chestie, and it will look through the Madstad from that position. I don't really like the chin / top of helmet mounts, but we'll see what Wal Mart or Best Buy have.

Last edited:
I could never do 1000 miles a day with all the getting off at some of the viewpoints to take photos and chat with anybody who happens to be there, do short hikes, check out the towns etc. I think I could on an exceptionally long day, do all that stuff, and still get maybe 500 miles in...

I guess this is all for the good for my butt ; }

I had some heated grips mounted. Not sure how much I'll ride this winter, but my hands have been glacial a few times.

I just ordered a pair of these to cut down and hang below the tail tidy on my NC, and on my WR's too, just below the plate. Measured on-screen to make sure the final cut width that fits best (7" at top tapering to 8" at bottom) would allow a little margin to each side of the text.

31AZH6RFY2L.jpg

STYLIN'!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Another 1000+ mile day yesterday, going to take it easier today (maybe).

Ray

I only ever did a 1000 mile day trip once in my life. There were three of us and a pillion. The trip was from Piraeus in Greece to a little town in northern Yugoslavia in the early 80's. We covered 1025 miles exactly in 24 hours, travelling 400miles of it through the night. The reason we did it overnight was heat. We had suffered with very high temperatures on the way south to Greece and decided to avoid that by travelling back north through the night . We hadn't planned to do that distance, just to travel over the border north to get away from the heat. However at 600 miles someone had the bright idea to try for the 1000 in 24 hours. At one point one of the riders got sleepy in the early hours, so we stopped at a restaurant that was closed for the night and arranged some of their chairs suitably to have a nap. I tried doing the same a couple of years later from Southern Spain into France but had to give up from fatigue at about 750miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back